Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

7wks for a chippie in perth

7wks for a chippie in perth

Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:50 pm
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough
Default 7wks for a chippie in perth

out of holiday mode pretty quick ,still in culture shock mode,finding myself sayin things like ,to easy ,noworrys,for sure,rock up and buyin a carton of p..s .Get tools from shippin on monday in hind sight should have sent them a bit earlyer. Done roofin for a week even though i did roofs cut and truss quite a bit in the uk aussie roofin is not for me leave it to the aussies and u dont see many old aussies doin it either, did fittin out for a week and lockups which is internal and external doors which fittin to metal frames is different but fun and shelving. Now im puttin up dongers these are houses for the miners,really long hours and its all metal work and plastic here, but i think i have to just get used to it.
Deffo bring over a good impact driver as u need it over here,there is loads of well paid work here,be prepared to travel to work and work hard. Not missed the UK at all and every pome ive spoke too says the same, we go the beach at weekends and sit outside and go fishin, theres loads to do , and the free BBQs are great
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:55 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 7wks for a chippie in perth

:[/QUOTE]

Glad yer enjoying it...
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:09 am
nail banger

ivanjjordan will become famous soon enoughivanjjordan will become famous soon enough

hay up fella we are in secret harbour too
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Casey.Jones. is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: 7wks for a chippie in perth

Hi ivan was reading your post and had a look at your profile. I was surprised to notice that you are from Runcorn. We currently live in Frodsham and are hoping to move to Bunbury in the New Year. I also noticed that you are into your bike. Is that one with a motor or a push bike? Either way, have you had chance to get out on your bike in oz yet? I enjoy motorcycling as well as cycling.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:59 am
nail banger

hay up matey,no relation to mike jones are you ? i used to ride a motor bike and hope to again next year but first id like a boat ,what are gonna do down bunbury?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Casey.Jones. is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: 7wks for a chippie in perth

My name's not Jones that's just my screen name cos I'm a freight train driver. So thats what I hope to be doing in Bunbury. My real name is Vincent (Vinny) Cain.

Have you been to Bunbury? Do you know much about it their? I've done lots of research and it sounds like a great place to live.

I had an interview in Manchester with ARG a couple of weeks ago so I'm just waiting to see if they are going to offer me a job. Should hear in about two weeks. The suspense is killing me!

My wife grew up in Runcorn she's from Halton Brook. Which part of Runcorn did you live in?