5 years on...

Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 years on...

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Wow! That was fast, eh? Guess if it's your 5 year anniversary that makes it nearly ours.

It's great that you're still so happy Wendy. Adelaide just fit you like a glove from day one.

Don't forget we're meeting for a drink in September when I'm over.
Hasn't it just flown past! Doesn't seem like that long ago those guys followed us around the city does it

I won't forget about meeting hun. Will be so much easier now I have a 'real' job and finish work at 4:30 every day
Old Jul 20th 2011, 5:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Wendy. I am so pleased that it all appears to have worked out for you. Wishing you many more happy years to come.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant that it's still good, despite the shit bits. It's always good to hear of couples staying 'friendly' after a split, so much easier for everyone.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 10:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Brilliant that it's still good, despite the shit bits. It's always good to hear of couples staying 'friendly' after a split, so much easier for everyone.
Yeah, it is. Although it didn't start off like that! But it's so much easier on the kids with us being friends still.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:03 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

i know i probably said this on fb, but i cant beleive its over 5 years since we met you at sheffield train station !!!

congrats on the 5 year mark ...

sue x
Old Jul 27th 2011, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
i know i probably said this on fb, but i cant beleive its over 5 years since we met you at sheffield train station !!!

congrats on the 5 year mark ...

sue x
Thanks Sue. It certainly went fast didn't it!! Although, it does feel like another lifetime. I am not the same person that left that's for sure. (not sure if that's good or bad though )
Old Jul 29th 2011, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Hi Wendy,

I cannot believe that you have been here 5 years !!!!

I had not seen your posts for some time so thought that you had return to the u.k. )

Pleased that you re still around,you have helped so many people on B.E. over a number of years.
Take care

Irish Guinness
Old Jul 29th 2011, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
Hi Wendy,

I cannot believe that you have been here 5 years !!!!

I had not seen your posts for some time so thought that you had return to the u.k. )

Pleased that you re still around,you have helped so many people on B.E. over a number of years.
Take care

Irish Guinness
Nah, I'm still here Just got busy with life and stuff really.

It's lovely to hear from you
Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Congrats Wendy, 5 years has flown by..............
Old Jul 31st 2011, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Wendy you felt at home as soon as you arrived to Adelaide & in the 5 years you have been here you've achieved so much, here is to the next 5 years you'll never know you might even find mr right.
Old Jul 31st 2011, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Well done Wendy you felt at home as soon as you arrived to Adelaide & in the 5 years you have been here you've achieved so much, here is to the next 5 years you'll never know you might even find mr right.
You know me Fari, I am (mostly) happy anywhere. I always try to look on the bright side, even when there doesn't seem to be one!

Mr right is definitely out there, and after 20 years of being with the wrong guy I am determined to find him although just now I am enjoying my own company
Old Sep 10th 2011, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wendy
I really can't quite believe it's been that long! but then again it's feels like I have lived here all my life.

I left the UK on a 28 degree day, and arrived in Adelaide on a 15 degree day and constant rain for about 6 weeks. I was so glad when summer came (Like I will be this year too )

So much has changed for me in the last 5 years, I really am not the same person that left the UK!

The biggest thing is probably my split from my husband. Sad because we spent 20 years together, but also happy because I am finally getting 'me' back.

I left my eldest boy in the UK to finish Uni. That was a pretty tough thing to do, but I knew that we had to give it a go and he was 18 so I couldn't really force him to come.

He is now over here on a WHV with his girlfriend. He's working with my ex at the minute to get some cash behind him, then in a few month he'll be looking for some regional work to get the extra 12 month WHV. Luckily I work in the wine industry, so I am sure I can get him some work in one of our vineyards if I have to

The other two kids are really happy here. My other son is 18 years old and works in Macca's - he's been there for well over a year and is doing pretty well. He's on over $20 a hour, which is a good wage for someone who lives at home and has no real outgoings. He only works 3 or 4 days a week, but he always has cash in his pocket. = Next year he's hoping to join the RAF - he just has to pass the physical and become a citizen first - something we don't seem to get around to!

My daughter is 11, and despite her best efforts to put down anything 'Australian' (she gets it all from her dad!) she is turning into a real Aussie

I can't say my life is perfect, in fact it's far from it. But I count my blessings every day and I love living here. I even still get 'I live in Australia' moments
Hi, Wendy

5 Years it has flown by
None of us getting any younger but all wiser ,
I remember the first day we all met in adelaide , all new and completly fresh , here we all are true blue ozzies
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by milly123
Hi, Wendy

5 Years it has flown by
None of us getting any younger but all wiser ,
I remember the first day we all met in adelaide , all new and completly fresh , here we all are true blue ozzies
Hi hun.

I actually miss the meets we used to have at Starbucks. They were just great

How's QLD?
Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow I missed this post- a belated congrats on 5 years here: now go get that citizenship!
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Somehow I missed this post- a belated congrats on 5 years here: now go get that citizenship!
Thanks hun

I will go take the test eventually

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.