5 years on...

Old Jul 9th 2011, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default 5 years on...

I really can't quite believe it's been that long! but then again it's feels like I have lived here all my life.

I left the UK on a 28 degree day, and arrived in Adelaide on a 15 degree day and constant rain for about 6 weeks. I was so glad when summer came (Like I will be this year too )

So much has changed for me in the last 5 years, I really am not the same person that left the UK!

The biggest thing is probably my split from my husband. Sad because we spent 20 years together, but also happy because I am finally getting 'me' back.

I left my eldest boy in the UK to finish Uni. That was a pretty tough thing to do, but I knew that we had to give it a go and he was 18 so I couldn't really force him to come.

He is now over here on a WHV with his girlfriend. He's working with my ex at the minute to get some cash behind him, then in a few month he'll be looking for some regional work to get the extra 12 month WHV. Luckily I work in the wine industry, so I am sure I can get him some work in one of our vineyards if I have to

The other two kids are really happy here. My other son is 18 years old and works in Macca's - he's been there for well over a year and is doing pretty well. He's on over $20 a hour, which is a good wage for someone who lives at home and has no real outgoings. He only works 3 or 4 days a week, but he always has cash in his pocket. = Next year he's hoping to join the RAF - he just has to pass the physical and become a citizen first - something we don't seem to get around to!

My daughter is 11, and despite her best efforts to put down anything 'Australian' (she gets it all from her dad!) she is turning into a real Aussie

I can't say my life is perfect, in fact it's far from it. But I count my blessings every day and I love living here. I even still get 'I live in Australia' moments
Old Jul 9th 2011, 2:52 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 5 years on...

Originally Posted by Wendy
I really can't quite believe it's been that long! but then again it's feels like I have lived here all my life.

I left the UK on a 28 degree day, and arrived in Adelaide on a 15 degree day and constant rain for about 6 weeks. I was so glad when summer came (Like I will be this year too )

So much has changed for me in the last 5 years, I really am not the same person that left the UK!

The biggest thing is probably my split from my husband. Sad because we spent 20 years together, but also happy because I am finally getting 'me' back.

I left my eldest boy in the UK to finish Uni. That was a pretty tough thing to do, but I knew that we had to give it a go and he was 18 so I couldn't really force him to come.

He is now over here on a WHV with his girlfriend. He's working with my ex at the minute to get some cash behind him, then in a few month he'll be looking for some regional work to get the extra 12 month WHV. Luckily I work in the wine industry, so I am sure I can get him some work in one of our vineyards if I have to

The other two kids are really happy here. My other son is 18 years old and works in Macca's - he's been there for well over a year and is doing pretty well. He's on over $20 a hour, which is a good wage for someone who lives at home and has no real outgoings. He only works 3 or 4 days a week, but he always has cash in his pocket. = Next year he's hoping to join the RAF - he just has to pass the physical and become a citizen first - something we don't seem to get around to!

My daughter is 11, and despite her best efforts to put down anything 'Australian' (she gets it all from her dad!) she is turning into a real Aussie

I can't say my life is perfect, in fact it's far from it. But I count my blessings every day and I love living here. I even still get 'I live in Australia' moments
what a very candid post!
good onya lassie
best post ive read in ages
Old Jul 10th 2011, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the 5 Years
Great update
Old Jul 10th 2011, 6:51 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you've had a crazy few years here but despite the changes alls come good. Great update
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:03 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember your postings..

Congrats on doing it tough alone successfully

Old Jul 11th 2011, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Yay Wendy, well done I know it's been tough but you are a strong lady & life is to be lived.
Are you enjoying the new job?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:02 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

goodonya wendy me ole pal. Hope the job is going well. We really need to meet for a few schwallies one day
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
what a very candid post!
good onya lassie
best post ive read in ages
Thank you

Originally Posted by LINDZI
Congrats on the 5 Years
Great update
Thank you

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Sounds like you've had a crazy few years here but despite the changes alls come good. Great update
It's been a crazy life so far but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Originally Posted by lancastrian48
I remember your postings..

Congrats on doing it tough alone successfully
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Yay Wendy, well done I know it's been tough but you are a strong lady & life is to be lived.
Are you enjoying the new job?
Thanks Sally.

New job is going pretty good. They're keeping me very busy! but the time flies and the free wine always helps

Originally Posted by Margaret3
goodonya wendy me ole pal. Hope the job is going well. We really need to meet for a few schwallies one day
Yep absolutely. How about Sept/Oct - when the weather warms up a bit!
Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are enjoying it. Good to hear you sound positive & happy.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Wendy;9484988]I really can't quite believe it's been that long! but then again it's feels like I have lived here all my life.

I can't say my life is perfect, in fact it's far from it. But I count my blessings every day and I love living here. I even still get 'I live in Australia' moments [/QUOTE

Things happen for a reason, live your life to the full, enjoy it........I also still get those.......Im in Australia days good luck for the future
Old Jul 11th 2011, 11:22 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Wendy! Enjoy finding "you"
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iwilldoit

Things happen for a reason, live your life to the full, enjoy it........I also still get those.......Im in Australia days good luck for the future
Thanks, I certainly am don't you worry! Been held back long enough

Originally Posted by Seasider
Congratulations, Wendy! Enjoy finding "you"
Thanks hun. It's been pretty good so far
Old Jul 19th 2011, 5:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Keep promising to look in here more often but always forget again.

A very good update Wendy.

Whatever happened between you always try to remember the good times. I'm sure there were plenty of them over the years so might as well make extra use of them eh?

Best of luck in your new chapter. Bet the hairs at the nape of your neck have been prickly in recent times.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
Keep promising to look in here more often but always forget again.

A very good update Wendy.

Whatever happened between you always try to remember the good times. I'm sure there were plenty of them over the years so might as well make extra use of them eh?

Best of luck in your new chapter. Bet the hairs at the nape of your neck have been prickly in recent times.
Thanks hun.

It was very tough on us both at first. Especially when my 11 year old daughter told me that she wanted to stay with her Dad. We worked it out though, and now we have shared care of her. We have stayed friends, so that has really helped too. Not sure we'll ever be really close friends, but we manage to stay on speaking terms and even share the odd laugh now and then. We even managed to get through dinner and drinks when my son and his girlfriend first arrived on their WHV.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 9:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! That was fast, eh? Guess if it's your 5 year anniversary that makes it nearly ours.

It's great that you're still so happy Wendy. Adelaide just fit you like a glove from day one.

Don't forget we're meeting for a drink in September when I'm over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.