4 years on

Old Jan 26th 2014, 7:17 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 years on

Thought it was about time I gave an update on life. Only been here 4 years now!
This is where I was after 3 months

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655575

So the short version - moved, love it, and today we became citizens WOO HOO

The longer version. OH still working at the same firm he started with 4 years ago supposedly 2 days a week, but really 4. I set up my own business 2 years ago and have a bit of a portfolio of bits and pieces of part time work which I do cause I want to and I enjoy.

In September my step-son joined us and loves it here. He has settled at school and also became a citizen today, 3 days before his 16th birthday.

We have built a house, enjoyed the countryside and been to see a few places too.

Have had the dreaded phone call that my dad was dying on a Wednesday evening and I managed to get to Glasgow by Friday morning. Spent a month with him before he died - that was hard - but it would be hard anywhere.

Will probably go back to the uk for a holiday this time next year sometime but no rush.

No real regrets - other than not bringing the Miele dishwasher and not changing money when the rate was 2.4.

Thanks to everyone who helped with my questions over the years - its much appreciated
Old Jan 26th 2014, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 years on

Congrats on your citizenship.
You have certainly had your ups and downs. I hope you have a great time as new Aussies. Happy 16th to your son.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 5:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty1 View Post
Thought it was about time I gave an update on life. Only been here 4 years now!
This is where I was after 3 months

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655575

So the short version - moved, love it, and today we became citizens WOO HOO

The longer version. OH still working at the same firm he started with 4 years ago supposedly 2 days a week, but really 4. I set up my own business 2 years ago and have a bit of a portfolio of bits and pieces of part time work which I do cause I want to and I enjoy.

In September my step-son joined us and loves it here. He has settled at school and also became a citizen today, 3 days before his 16th birthday.

We have built a house, enjoyed the countryside and been to see a few places too.

Have had the dreaded phone call that my dad was dying on a Wednesday evening and I managed to get to Glasgow by Friday morning. Spent a month with him before he died - that was hard - but it would be hard anywhere.

Will probably go back to the uk for a holiday this time next year sometime but no rush.

No real regrets - other than not bringing the Miele dishwasher and not changing money when the rate was 2.4.

Thanks to everyone who helped with my questions over the years - its much appreciated
Congrats on the Citizenship and a very happy birthday to your stepson

Glad things are working out despite some ups and downs
Old Jan 31st 2014, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for posting, I enjoyed reading about your journey. Congratulations on becoming citizens!