4 weeks in Gold Coast

Old Nov 15th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4 weeks in Gold Coast

Originally Posted by w99tts
Hi

Congrats on getting through your first few weeks it must be hard, I just wanted to ask what your hubby does, is he a brickie, just with him having a blue card, if so what is the work situation out there. We are hoping to move to Jimboomba before Chrsitmas as long as we get our visa and we are getting concerned about the work situation thanks
Hi, No he is a joiner, he was really lucky, had 2 inverviews and got both jobs. He decided to go for the one which was round the corner from us which was handy as we only had one car to begin with. He is now working on site about an hour away and doing 12 hour days! But the money is good.
Good luck with it all.
x

Originally Posted by wednesfield wolf
hi there, we live in Ormeau, bought 2 acres of "park like acreage" Just off Peachy road and think it's great. Are you renting on Jacob's Ridge? 20-25 minutes to the coast, 30 minutes to Brissie, 15 minutes to the theme parks, 25 minutes to Mt Tambourine and the hinterland. You couldn't have picked a better spot. We've been here for almost 3 years now (citizenship ceromony on the 26th of this month) I'm about to start my dream job at Triumph Springwood and the kids love it here. My eldest is due to start at the brand new Ormeau Woods High School in January and life's good.

Stick with it, try to remember why you came, enjoy the weather (2 degrees in the UK today Ha ha)
Hi there, nice to hear from you. I love Ormeau! and yes we are in the Jacobs Ridge estate.
My youngest starts at the new school in Jan also. We should get them together before they start. What school does he go to now? Scott is at Ormeau state school. He is struggling to make friends here, its ok at school but he needs them for when he gets home after school.
Keep in touch
Sharon
x