Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

2 years in, and I do not like it at all.

2 years in, and I do not like it at all.

Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:38 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice
Default 2 years in, and I do not like it at all.

And I do not like it…cannot move till next year and will be out of Perth like a shot
I rent in Northbridge which is cheap and close to where I work but find the level of anti-social behaviour and levels of crime far more than I experienced in London, the amount of graffiti is unbelievable and the hoons who burn rubber most nights is a right pain when you are trying to sleep.
Everything closes down so early and everyone seems to be in bed my about 9 at night.
Used the joke of a health service here 3 times in accident and emergency for a total wait of 16 hours, yes you heard me right 16 hours in a dirty smelly public waiting room on a Saturday night that was full of drunks and pissed up battered teenagers who had drunk to much and joined in the gang fights that are so popular in Northbridge.
2 years of my life wasted in a boring backward city.
Sorry if it is a negative post but that is how I have honestly found this City.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: 2 years in, and I do not like it at all.

Originally Posted by earlswoody
And I do not like it…cannot move till next year and will be out of Perth like a shot
I rent in Northbridge which is cheap and close to where I work but find the level of anti-social behaviour and levels of crime far more than I experienced in London, the amount of graffiti is unbelievable and the hoons who burn rubber most nights is a right pain when you are trying to sleep.
Everything closes down so early and everyone seems to be in bed my about 9 at night.
Used the joke of a health service here 3 times in accident and emergency for a total wait of 16 hours, yes you heard me right 16 hours in a dirty smelly public waiting room on a Saturday night that was full of drunks and pissed up battered teenagers who had drunk to much and joined in the gang fights that are so popular in Northbridge.
I agree. I have found my last 2 years in Perth to be mind numbing boring. Even though the weather and beaches are nice, it's just not enough.
I don't like Northbridge at all, i find it a mucky hole.

Anyway, we are leaving 11th Jan, sold up and off we go. I know the UK is not perfect, far from it, but at least i wasn't brain dead there.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

A
Sounds like your average Saturday night in Kent where we used to live.....

Sorry to hear you dont like it, are you going back to the UK or elsewhere in Aus?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

To be honest me and hubbie love a night out in Northbridge, The Shed pub is fab, although i wouldnt live in Northbridge............

And as for the rest of Perth we love it, not saying its perfect and not saying its for everyone but it ticks all our boxes.

Good luck to the OP and Nu Shooz.

Sam. xx
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:36 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Brooks
To be honest me and hubbie love a night out in Northbridge, The Shed pub is fab, although i wouldnt live in Northbridge............

And as for the rest of Perth we love it, not saying its perfect and not saying its for everyone but it ticks all our boxes.

Good luck to the OP and Nu Shooz.

Sam. xx
Hey, always nice to read a success story. I really wish it was for us, but it just isn't.
One day we may return, not to Perth, but over East. But for now UK is where we need to be.
I will def miss the nice days like today, but you can keep the flies
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you were already back in the UK earlswoody?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Sorry to hear it was`nt for you,, atleast you went and gave it a shot

Good Luck bk in the UK

Bluekipper
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear it didn't work out, good luck back in the UK.

Donna.
x
Old Nov 15th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

there is much here that doesnt make any real sense. 3 times in A&E in 2 years with a total wait of 16 hours - that sounds not too bad for 2 years and i dont think your average A&E in the UK on a saturday night would be much better. do you have some strange disease that only occurs on a sat night?

otherwise why would you need A&E 3 times in 2 years. i am nearly 40 and have never once been to an A&E dept.

you complain about it being too quiet and everyone going to bed a 9 but then also complain that hoons are tearing up the roads keeping you awake and there are multiple gang fights going on.

dont get me wrong there are many things about perth that i really dont like and i find austalia a bit tiresome, and i may return to the uk in the near future.
how anyone can compare northbridge to london and say it is worse for anti social behavour is beyond me (having lived in london 2002 - 2006).
your post just sounds a bit bitter rather than based on anything really bad that has happened to you.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

granma2b will become famous soon enough

For the life of me, why is it that so many people when they come here choose perth. First of all its so far away from the rest of australia and therefore can be isolating. There is so much too see in australia exciting places where you and your family will not be bored. Dont use perth as the template for australia. Look at qld and not just the gold coast, melbourne is a very exciting city. Dont look for the stereotype areas. It sounds as if you have picked a not so nice area, but i can assure you there are places in oz that are crime free and you need to give it a chance, before you go back to uk. That i am sure you will regret.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

For a young family I don't think that there's anywhere better than Perth.

Not sure I'd want to be here as a twentysomething single chap though....
Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the well-meant advice everyone, but I'm closing the thread as the multi-usernamed OP is no longer able to respond.