Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

4 weeks in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 weeks in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 4 weeks in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeepers you have been busy, Glad to hear you are enjoying and great to hear kids have settled well, tiled stairs ouch ,you must learn to slow down Hears to ya new life in Oz and keep us posted on the house build and well done to hubby on getting his job
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:25 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe you've been there 4 weeks!!!!!

woohoo great to hear from you and chuffed things are going well. Ooh you just have to be injured don't you spose you were trying to shimmy down the stairs weren't you

See you soon
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:49 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

am missing you

glad you are doing so well it sounds fabulous

take care babe and have fun
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:57 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

glad to hear you're settling in well
ttfn Cx
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:36 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Wondered how you were getting on, so pleased that it is all going well for you.

We are 6 weeks in now and loving it too! I must get around to doing my update...............

Good luck with everything!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:57 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Got internet at last, so here goes.

Flew from Heathrow with Singapore, couldn't fault them.
Had an overnight stay at Singapore's transit hotel, would defo recommend this, as when we flew last year we flew straight through, and OMG did I suffer with jet-lag, cheap and cheerful, and arrived in Brisbane feeling fine.
Friends met us at the airport, with our new car!!! which they kindly sorted out for us, (thanks Keith and Sam)

We were booked into an apartment in Burleigh Heads, which Shiels sorted for us, thanks C.

Bought a car for me.

Went to the BE meet at Broadbeach, great to meet some new faces.

Went to the Gold Coast Show with Shiels and family.

Then we spent days just driving around looking at all the suburbs, as you do. Ended up back where we liked last year, Pacific Pines.

Heard of rental going, brand new house, not even finished, through Gill'n'Bri, what would we do without BE? So we're now their neighbours!!!! and turns out we were only about 5 miles away from them in the UK!

Spent a lovely day at Seaworld with our new neighbours.

Sorted kids at school's, eldest is having to go back a year, he'd finished in the UK. But to enable him to get a good OP score, (as he wants to study Multimedia), he needs 2 full years. Youngest though is in year 5, then after their Christmas hol into year 6! so kind of skipping a year!

Kids both think school is great they have both made loads of friends, they reckon the kids couldn't be nicer. So relief all round! I was worried how a 16 year old would feel about, not only going back to school, but going back a year too.

OH went for his first interview, and luckily got the job
Decided as we feel so 'at home' already here, to buy some land sooner rather than later, so last weekend bought a 'house and land package'

Got internet connected yesterday, so it's all good

Still can't get over the friendliness of everyone here ? I find I'm having in-depth conversations wherever I go, as people are genuinely interested to hear about where you're from and why etc. certainly puts a smile on your face.

No negatives about the place at all, and I don't have rose-tinted specs on Oh just one wish there wasn't bloody tiles on our rental stairs, cos this morning fell down 'em am nursing swollen bruised ankle and same with me right 'buttock' am at this moment sitting on my left one luckily OH caught me near the bottom, and spose I'm lucky not to break anything!

Hope I haven't waffled too much

great post ......you sound really settled, well done you
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi great to hear things are going well for you and yours. It is a busy time when you intially arrive, but it does all settle down in time. All the best with what comes next. Enjoy

Donna & Neil
Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Great post! Thanks for sharing and making us feel optimistic that we can do it too!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 12:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

really pleased to hear the kids have settled and hubby has a job. you guys are more than half way there

good luck with the house.....................you will need it
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
really pleased to hear the kids have settled and hubby has a job. you guys are more than half way there

good luck with the house.....................you will need it
thanks everyone

if the kids were happy knew we would be
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:43 am
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

hi curly,
great to hear you've all settled well, can't believe you've done all that in 4wks well done you. all the best babe, keep the updates coming.

kate
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Hi Curly I can not beleive you have been soooo busy, really pleased you have found a niche for you and family keep us all updated, waffling is good
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

oooppps missed this.....Its good to hear you have settled in, and kids are happy..good going N
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

cassy will become famous soon enoughcassy will become famous soon enough

Hi N been dying to read your post, so glad you are all loving it (shame about the ankle and butt tho) Good luck with everything and keep posting.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:20 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe I've only just seen this

Glad you've settled in Curly - long may it continue!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.