3 years in oz

Old Jul 16th 2008, 3:05 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 years in oz

this is a follow up from my 2 year update link below

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=61282

As i closed my last update we had planned our trip back to uk for xmas new year...

We arrived back in aberdeen on the 13th of december 2007 it was cold but not nearly as bad as we had expected it felt strange to be "home" after 2 years away, we had a ball though in our 5 weeks getting out with friends as we had babysitters catching up with family etc... but our holiday came to a sad end when my hubby best mate took his own life a day before we left. On the plane back we were still in shock over what had happened it was hard to leave but we knew we had to.

We arrived back in perth on the 17th of january 2008 too a heap of bills god is this what a five week holiday does to you?? hubby is self employed so there was no wage while we were gone so straight back to work for him, we also couldnt afford the flight back for his mates funeral one of the hard things about living so far away.

This year has went pretty fast for us we got our citizenship in january this year hubby is doing well with his business we are at last not struggling with cash everything is going well BUT i still want to go home after 3 years here i still dont feel settled and i doubt i ever will i can see what perth has to offer its a lovely place but for me home is where the heart is, my hubby has agreed to come home in 2 years but i know he's only doing this for me and it scares me that if we do go back everything will fall apart. Emigrating has been the hardest thing ive ever done i hope this coming year i will know for sure what the our future holds, i still cant believe ive been here 3 years.

Good luck to all those starting the journey you never know till you try
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all
Default Re: 3 years in oz

So sorry your still unsettled, you do feel a million miles away when your grieving. I woudl love to know how so many make it feel like home and some of us never get that feeling. I wish I had the answer for you, alls you can do is take it one day at a time, much is life anyways for most even living in the UK!

Hope everything turns out better soon

Bluekipper
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:52 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluekipper
So sorry your still unsettled, you do feel a million miles away when your grieving. I woudl love to know how so many make it feel like home and some of us never get that feeling. I wish I had the answer for you, alls you can do is take it one day at a time, much is life anyways for most even living in the UK!

Hope everything turns out better soon

Bluekipper
thanks for the kind words
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kez81
thanks for the kind words
Hiya,

Know what you going through..we are heading back to Aberdeen in Oct for a holiday and must admit i cant wait..I love the lifestyle over here but miss the life i had back home, i sometimes question what i gave up because i had it good back home,Don't know what the holdiay will bring but i am hoping it will bring a decision as to where i stay..Aberdeen will always be my home and i think i will return there one day but i need the holiday!!
Hope it all works out

Suzanne