3 weeks in Adelaide!!!

Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 weeks in Adelaide!!!

Originally Posted by Weasy

Wendy - yes, it was on the Saturday of that weekend, my cousins wedding, so we've almost met then.

Lou
xx

Almost

She looked absolutely beautiful.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
Almost

She looked absolutely beautiful.
Great to hear that Adelaide is living up to all your expectations.Hoping to join you around July.Tell Chaz to get his veggie bbq on for us!
Nick
Old Feb 17th 2007, 1:51 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh Nick, not too long then. Chaz may not be veggie by then - he had a bacon sandwich the other day

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by Nick11
Great to hear that Adelaide is living up to all your expectations.Hoping to join you around July.Tell Chaz to get his veggie bbq on for us!
Nick
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Ooooh Nick, not too long then. Chaz may not be veggie by then - he had a bacon sandwich the other day

Lou
xx
Hi Weasy
Great to hear you are doing sooo well. Lovely post you can feelthe positive vibes!
Its how we feel at the moment long may it continue. The last few weeks in the uk are so stressful you don't realise how stressed you were until you get here. Life here just seems so easy!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Lou
xx

Bloody hell, the heat must be getting to him!!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Great post.

Well done Lou, so glad that you and your family are settling in well to life in Adelaide. We will definitely have to visit there soon.

I have had the odd day recently where I've thought about being back in the Uk but thats mainly because all of my partners family are there and its a big strain for her and me. I've had a couple of job interviews recently though and I think that I should be working this coming week.

Great to hear that its all going well for you anyway. Keep us updated.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Great to hear that you're settling in so quickly, keep enjoying life all of you
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by curly
Hiya

Great to hear that you're settling in so quickly, keep enjoying life all of you
Sounds fantastic - We had a fab day on noarlunga beach with friends last year - can't wait to get there now the ball is rolling.

PS. WELL DONE!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

At last I've found a few minutes to do an initial update!!!! Hope it's not too long and boring.

Our last days in the UK were very weird. Having booked our flights for the 10th of January when our assuror lodged our bond on the 6th December and was told it would only be a few days until we got our visas, we then had a gruelling 4 week wait over Christmas and New Year!!! We were beginning to panic that we'd have to fly without our stickers and get them in New Zealand... Anyway, at about 4am on the 2nd January I woke up to do that early morning email check (you all know what that one is like....) and there it was. The email had arrived at 1.30am – surely the first grant of 2007?

This left us with 8 days to say our goodbyes properly as the reality of it hadn't hit until that email. Not an ideal scenario but good in some ways as I hate long drawn out emotional scenes.

So, we left Nottingham at 6am on a typical dark January morning having said all our goodbyes the day before and had a very relaxing taxi ride to Heathrow.

We had an amazing 2 week holiday on the west coast of the States where Arizona had the coldest temperatures in 17 years!! This meant we had to bring all our winter woollies with us but the trip was well worth it and a lovely break before starting our new lives. We did have to buy an extra suitcase to fit in all the cheap clothes we bought at the outlet malls in LA, and were more than pushing our luggage allowance! Top marks to Air New Zealand, could not fault them overall.

At 10.35am on Australia Day (Friday 26/1/07) we landed in Adelaide and were met by our rellies who drove us up into the hills and straight to the rental we'd managed to organise prior to arrival, thanks to a certain person on another forum to whom we will be ever grateful. Our landlady and her mum were there to greet us and they'd even made us a pavlova for Australia Day – how lovely was that? Our rental is in a place called Piccadilly and we just love it in this area, it's beautiful.

We bought a car the next day, the girls started at school on the following Tuesday (on 6 acres of grounds with their own wood and heaps of facilities), we got medicare, drivers licences, centrelink etc sorted out. We managed to finalise the transfer of our money when the exchange rate hit its peak and we got $2.54. We've caught up with a couple of friends off forums but have a few more to see yet, I've started going to a few coffee things etc with other mums from school and generally finding everyone very welcoming. We've been to a wedding on Port Noarlunga beach, gone to the beach after school on a Friday, the girls have already had a few play dates each, our previously not very sporting 9 year old has signed up for a beach volleyball tournament with school and I've had lunch at Warrawong Wildlife Sanctuary with some new Aussie friends and ate lunch looking out at an amazing array of wildlife. Chaz went to catch up at a couple of agencies that he'd visited when we were here on our reccie last year and generally scoured the career websites.

However, this week Chaz got an interview for a great job that he'd actually applied for just before we left the UK and he got offered the job the next day . Should be starting sometime next week so we've now also bought a second car.

We can't quite believe it's only been 3 weeks so far, we feel so 'at home'. As I said, this area is truly beautiful and as the girls adore their new school and we love whole feel of the area we'll be staying up 'in the hills'. We love listening to the birds and crickets at night and on a very clear night we can see the milky way.

Overall we're loving everything so far. I've only had one night where I suddenly had a moment of panic and thought 'what have we done?' - no idea what brought that on and it went as soon as it appeared. I'll let you all know if I still feel the same in a few months.

Lovely post, got to admit since "Wanted Downunder" we had only thought of Brisbane to move to cos the OH has family there, but to be honest Adelaide looks amazing. I think we will check it out when we move downunder. Hope everything works out for you, take care!!!

Debbie
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Lovely post, got to admit since "Wanted Downunder" we had only thought of Brisbane to move to cos the OH has family there, but to be honest Adelaide looks amazing. I think we will check it out when we move downunder. Hope everything works out for you, take care!!!

Debbie
Wicked post. Congrats on doing the "move" bit, I at the mo am pooing myself to say the least. OH would have come out straight away once we got our visas in July 06 just me being a worry bum, dont know why as only got 2 brothers and an aunt left here now. I agree with brissydeb we were originally going to Perth as this was the place "for us" until our recent trip when we saw the massive price hikes for properties, after watching "Wanted Down Under" we also think Adelaide looks amazing (and also Tas) never been to either place but I have decided today to take the plunge and go for it (will regret it if dont give it a try) (better call OH and give him the good news!!!) just cant decide now on Adelaide or Tas so will come to Adelaide and have a look (what is best area to look at with young kids aged 5, 4 and 1) hubby in IT so will need to work in CBD. Would appreciate any replies with advice. My God I can't believe I have finally made the decission!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!! It definately helps reading positive posts as all I kept finding were more negative ones!!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Nizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud ofNizcac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Wicked post. Congrats on doing the "move" bit, I at the mo am pooing myself to say the least. OH would have come out straight away once we got our visas in July 06 just me being a worry bum, dont know why as only got 2 brothers and an aunt left here now. I agree with brissydeb we were originally going to Perth as this was the place "for us" until our recent trip when we saw the massive price hikes for properties, after watching "Wanted Down Under" we also think Adelaide looks amazing (and also Tas) never been to either place but I have decided today to take the plunge and go for it (will regret it if dont give it a try) (better call OH and give him the good news!!!) just cant decide now on Adelaide or Tas so will come to Adelaide and have a look (what is best area to look at with young kids aged 5, 4 and 1) hubby in IT so will need to work in CBD. Would appreciate any replies with advice. My God I can't believe I have finally made the decission!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!! It definately helps reading positive posts as all I kept finding were more negative ones!!!!!
1st - I am sooooooooooo jealous - we did 4 weeks in Adelaide last year and absolutely loved the place - did a treck to Melbourne and on way back into Adelaide had a really overwhelming feeling of being home!!!!!!

2nd - Bishop - Adelaide is known as the 20minute city and you can virtually get anywhere from the centre of town within 20 mins - we are looking at south side around Aberfoyle Park - brill for young families, however my OH is more than prepared to work North side because of how good the roads are and how you just don't get the major Rush hour issues over there like you do over here.
Niz.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:47 pm
Tracey Ambler

Tracey Amler is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: 3 weeks in Adelaide!!!

Hi
My Name is Tracey my Husband is Ricky we have applied for a Visa and booked flights to come out Christmas Perth ,Adelaide and then Sydney.Adelaide seems the favorite so far to live.Ricky is a Joiner we are hoping he will start to slow down work wise as he travels to London every day we are wanting to slow down and get away from the rat race.We have Twins Angela & Jamie they are now 21 they wont be coming out with us straight away. I am really pleased you are loving it out there if you have any tips to give us please share then with us because at the moment i am getting very missed feelings on what we are planning .
Take care Tracey
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:53 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I've 'sold' Adelaide to a few people. We think it's a lovely city with so many nice areas to live and beautiful beaches. We've chosen the Adelaide Hills but we'd have been happy in quite a few other places. The schooling seems generally very good and the pace of life is definitely more laid back here.

Tracey, if you want to investigate Adelaide further a good place to start is here http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx or ask me as many questions as you want

Lou
xx
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:48 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I've 'sold' Adelaide to a few people. We think it's a lovely city with so many nice areas to live and beautiful beaches. We've chosen the Adelaide Hills but we'd have been happy in quite a few other places. The schooling seems generally very good and the pace of life is definitely more laid back here.

Tracey, if you want to investigate Adelaide further a good place to start is here http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx or ask me as many questions as you want

Lou
xx
we have been sold to adelaide ages ago weasy its just nice to hear really vibes from the place........my mate says he loves it there and couldnt think of living anywhere else.

great to hear you are finding it so nice.......cnt wait to egt out there in Sept VISA pending we can hook up and have a few beers.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:09 pm
Look at moi!!!

Definitely!!! Look forward to it.

Any luck on the job front yet Stu? If not you could always move here......

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
we have been sold to adelaide ages ago weasy its just nice to hear really vibes from the place........my mate says he loves it there and couldnt think of living anywhere else.

great to hear you are finding it so nice.......cnt wait to egt out there in Sept VISA pending we can hook up and have a few beers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.