Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

3 months in Brisbane and LOVING LOVING it !!!

3 months in Brisbane and LOVING LOVING it !!!

Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice
Default 3 months in Brisbane and LOVING LOVING it !!!

I have been very bad at posting on this forum sionce we arrived in Aus. And this forum was INVALUABLE to me during the application process (I did not use an agent). So, I wanted to post an update. I have just written one on the SA forum, so I hope no one will mind if I just post a link?

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php...opic=25179&hl=

THANKS AGAIN to everyone for helping us get here.....it has all been worthwhile....

Nix
Old Aug 5th 2009, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future
Default Re: 3 months in Brisbane and LOVING LOVING it !!!

Great post, so true in many ways....

All the best with the biz and all
Old Aug 5th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Roni is an unknown quantity at this point

Really nice post.
We will join you in Brisbane in 7 days.
Old Aug 7th 2009, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Great post - and as you described it, I knew the playpark you were talking about - we found it on our reccie in 2007 - fantastic!!
Old Aug 8th 2009, 12:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That is a brilliant update. Thanks for that
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:34 am
Just Joined

UKSaffa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that update - we are due out in early September and similiarly to yourselves we have been out of South Africa for ten years ( in the UK ) and moving to Brisbane having never been to Aus before. Your insight has calmed some nerves.
Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by UKSaffa
Thank you for that update - we are due out in early September and similiarly to yourselves we have been out of South Africa for ten years ( in the UK ) and moving to Brisbane having never been to Aus before. Your insight has calmed some nerves.
Thanks
Give us a call when you arrive ! It sometimes helps to talk to someone with a similar background and perspective. You will be just fine......but give is a call!

Cheers
Nix
Old Aug 17th 2009, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Awesome post!!
Love your positive attitude! We are moving to Brisbane next march with 2 years old n a new born..3 mths. Would love to meet you guys!
So excited!!!! fell in love with Australia 6 years back )
Wish u a great life in Australia )
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:39 am
Just Joined

UKSaffa is an unknown quantity at this point

Well we have three weeks to go! Really looking forward to this new adventure - nervously but excitedly!
Some advice would be appreciated. Looking for a good school in an good ( read quiet ) area around Zillmere, Aspley, Bracken Ridge. I dont want to move my son in and out of school again as he has already been in School in the UK and Qatar and he is only in year one.
Any advice appreciated!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKSaffa
Well we have three weeks to go! Really looking forward to this new adventure - nervously but excitedly!
Some advice would be appreciated. Looking for a good school in an good ( read quiet ) area around Zillmere, Aspley, Bracken Ridge. I dont want to move my son in and out of school again as he has already been in School in the UK and Qatar and he is only in year one.
Any advice appreciated!
Just PM'ed you.

Nix
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
I have been very bad at posting on this forum sionce we arrived in Aus. And this forum was INVALUABLE to me during the application process (I did not use an agent). So, I wanted to post an update. I have just written one on the SA forum, so I hope no one will mind if I just post a link?

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php...opic=25179&hl=

THANKS AGAIN to everyone for helping us get here.....it has all been worthwhile....

Nix
Hey!! How are you??? Remember me - your fellow 138er Aug 2007??? You made it!!! So very happy for you!!
We will have been here 1 year this Sunday!!! We are settled and happy too!!!

AquaXXXX
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Hey!! How are you??? Remember me - your fellow 138er Aug 2007??? You made it!!! So very happy for you!!
We will have been here 1 year this Sunday!!! We are settled and happy too!!!

AquaXXXX
YEs !!!!! Wonderful to see a familiar name on the forum ! I remember reading this forum EVERY day as it was invaluable in the application process. I could not have done it without it. And the support that you get from people going through the same thing - helps you keep your sanity. That endless wait to get the answer was very difficult for us.....and it seems like a million years ago now. So important to keep things in perspective when you are going through the process.
And it was all so worthwhile.....we are just loving being here......feel very very blessed at being given this opportunity.
So you are a YEAR already ! Wow !!! This time last year we didn't even have our visa yet !

Good to hear from you again.

Nix