2 years on ....nearly

Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:31 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 years on ....nearly

Thought i would do my 2 year update now as when the time comes i will be heavily pregnant and wont be bothered so here goes.........

Left aberdeen on the 12th of july 2005 spent 5 days in Singapore then we caught the plane from Singapore to Melbourne.............

Arrived in melbourne on the 19th of july was staying in a hotel in the city came out the airport and managed to get a taxi straight away it took us too the hotel, once we got there we dropped our bags then explored Melbourne city it was only 12 degrees that day remember thinking as it was Australia it should be hotter, was amazed by melbourne,thought we had made the right decision.

We stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks we bought a car so we spent our days looking at different rentals suburbs etc finally found a place we liked it was a brand new build signed the contract moved in. We were in the western suburbs 40 min drive to melbourne city.

Once we got settled in the time had come for hubby to find work on doing this he was told he would have to go to collage to obtain a plumbing registration before starting work our saving were dwindling already and this really worried us, scott did the courses and finally started work at a local plumbing company the wages were very poor i decided that i needed to start work but childcare was quite expensive then a job in a pharmacy came up and i got it. 3 nights a week plus a sunday the money really helped.

We plodded on for the months to follow went on a couple of camping trips to NSW had a good time much to my surprisement never camped in my life, As time went on the less we saw of each other scott worked mon-fri through the day I started working mon-fri in the evening he worked saturday I worked sunday.We spoke about going home then we decided we would try Perth knew some people here so the decision was made, been in melbourne 1 year, we knew melbourne wasnt for us.

Before we came to Perth we decided we would book a week to the Goldcoast was getting a good deal, we arrived in the gold coast had an good 5 days there went to the theme parks hired a car drove to Brisbane, Byron bay and Australia zoo seen Steve Irwin highlight of the week!!

When we got back to Melbourne we started our road trip from Melbourne to Perth stopped off in Adelaide for 2 days then carried on driving we stopped off in various places little towns etc didnt want to be driving through the night, we stopped off in Kalgoolrie for 3 days then headed to Perth stayed in a fully furnished apartment for 3 weeks before finding a rental.

Settled into our house then my hubby got a job the wage was better than he got in melbourne but just,he decided he needed to get his plumbing licence ASAP, he phoned the plumbing board here in Perth and was told he would have to start off from scratch even though he had a Victorian registration as WA didnt have such a thing it was a license of nothing he phoned the plumbing board in Victoria and was told he could do a license course there it would take a week then it could be changed to a WA we decided to do this so off he went to Melbourne for a week i felt really low here i was in Perth alone the people we knew had since went home.

My hubby started sub contracting and the money was better we put an add in the yellow pages, Its been a slow start but things might get better the sub contract work keeps us going,am I happy here in Oz?? Not happy not sad we have booked a trip back to the uk at xmas this year by that time that comes we would have been Australia 2 years and 5 months im using the trip as a bit of a recce too see were i really want to be,just now my heart is longing for home but a trip back might change that or make it stronger only time will tell thats why we are taking it step by step.

So far my nearly 2 years in OZ have had highs and lows if i do return in the future i will do with some found memories of the places ive seen and the people ive met, hope you have enjoyed hearing our journey so far.

kezx

Last edited by kez81; Jun 1st 2007 at 2:45 am.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 years on ....nearly

Great post Kez,

Very honest and from the heart. I hope you manage to find out where you'd rather be (its tough isn't it trying to figure that out?!) and all the best for the future.

Stu
Old Jun 1st 2007, 3:44 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wafc View Post
Great post Kez,

Very honest and from the heart. I hope you manage to find out where you'd rather be (its tough isn't it trying to figure that out?!) and all the best for the future.

Stu
thanks same to you

kezx
Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:27 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearly 2 years on!!!

Interesting reading Kez........sounds like you have had some real interesting times.....good luck with the new baby and good luck with the reccie.........hope whatever decision you come to is the right one for you. Ems x
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:15 am
Alone again, naturally

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearly 2 years on!!!

Originally Posted by kez81 View Post
posted this on the wrong forum suppose to be the update forum.
Its Ok, I'll move it there and combine the two threads together

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 1st 2007 at 9:23 am.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:37 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing your journey. All the best for your future wherever it may be. Good luck with baby too

joex
Old Jun 1st 2007, 11:06 am
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

Good Luck with your decission, hope you make the right one
Good Luck with the baby too
Old Jun 1st 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Awwwwwwww - a new baby Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Lynn xx
Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Thought i would do my 2 year update now as when the time comes i will be heavily pregnant and wont be bothered so here goes.........

Left aberdeen on the 12th of july 2005 spent 5 days in Singapore then we caught the plane from Singapore to Melbourne.............

Arrived in melbourne on the 19th of july was staying in a hotel in the city came out the airport and managed to get a taxi straight away it took us too the hotel, once we got there we dropped our bags then explored Melbourne city it was only 12 degrees that day remember thinking as it was Australia it should be hotter, was amazed by melbourne,thought we had made the right decision.

We stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks we bought a car so we spent our days looking at different rentals suburbs etc finally found a place we liked it was a brand new build signed the contract moved in. We were in the western suburbs 40 min drive to melbourne city.

Once we got settled in the time had come for hubby to find work on doing this he was told he would have to go to collage to obtain a plumbing registration before starting work our saving were dwindling already and this really worried us, scott did the courses and finally started work at a local plumbing company the wages were very poor i decided that i needed to start work but childcare was quite expensive then a job in a pharmacy came up and i got it. 3 nights a week plus a sunday the money really helped.

We plodded on for the months to follow went on a couple of camping trips to NSW had a good time much to my surprisement never camped in my life, As time went on the less we saw of each other scott worked mon-fri through the day I started working mon-fri in the evening he worked saturday I worked sunday.We spoke about going home then we decided we would try Perth knew some people here so the decision was made, been in melbourne 1 year, we knew melbourne wasnt for us.

Before we came to Perth we decided we would book a week to the Goldcoast was getting a good deal, we arrived in the gold coast had an good 5 days there went to the theme parks hired a car drove to Brisbane, Byron bay and Australia zoo seen Steve Irwin highlight of the week!!

When we got back to Melbourne we started our road trip from Melbourne to Perth stopped off in Adelaide for 2 days then carried on driving we stopped off in various places little towns etc didnt want to be driving through the night, we stopped off in Kalgoolrie for 3 days then headed to Perth stayed in a fully furnished apartment for 3 weeks before finding a rental.

Settled into our house then my hubby got a job the wage was better than he got in melbourne but just,he decided he needed to get his plumbing licence ASAP, he phoned the plumbing board here in Perth and was told he would have to start off from scratch even though he had a Victorian registration as WA didnt have such a thing it was a license of nothing he phoned the plumbing board in Victoria and was told he could do a license course there it would take a week then it could be changed to a WA we decided to do this so off he went to Melbourne for a week i felt really low here i was in Perth alone the people we knew had since went home.

My hubby started sub contracting and the money was better we put an add in the yellow pages, Its been a slow start but things might get better the sub contract work keeps us going,am I happy here in Oz?? Not happy not sad we have booked a trip back to the uk at xmas this year by that time that comes we would have been Australia 2 years and 5 months im using the trip as a bit of a recce too see were i really want to be,just now my heart is longing for home but a trip back might change that or make it stronger only time will tell thats why we are taking it step by step.

So far my nearly 2 years in OZ have had highs and lows if i do return in the future i will do with some found memories of the places ive seen and the people ive met, hope you have enjoyed hearing our journey so far.

kezx
Cool post, glad its going good for you now. Good luck with the baby. Keep us posted in a few months time re baby and what you think of Perth etc.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 1:21 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody could accuse you of not trying to make it work - that's for sure. Best of luck for the future, whether that's here in Oz, or back in the UK.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:52 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like you have had a real rollercoaster time.

I really hope that Perth works for you.

take care

thanks for taking the time to write