1yr today

Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1yr today

Sending you huge hugs Sue. Life is a real crock of sh1t sometimes.

As others have said, you would be having a bad time in the UK too and the economy is in a worse shape over there, so jobs might be a problem there too. Having said that, being away from your OH for so long in these circumstances is very, very hard. I just wish he was back with you already.

I know you can get through this, but it doesn't make it any easier... things MUST get better, because they can't get any worse eh??

Sally Claire is right - don't cut yourself off. Everyone understands you are having a tough time and the internet is open 24/7.

Take care

N
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by suesk
Hi

Its our 1st anniversary today OMG what a roller coaster its been.

Arrived in Brisbane and stayed with friends for 2 nites(thanx guys) then upto Bundaberg (wasnt for us) upto Mackay (again no) onto Townsville. I fell in love straight away. We stayed in an apartment just off The Strand for 10 nites while looking for a rental what a nitemare, stayed with another friend for a couple of nites and found a 2 bed apartment not idylic but a must, OH was goin back to Uk to finish up all the packing (DONT LET YOUR HUSBAND SORT THIS OUT GIRLZ OR U MAY FIND U DONT GET HALF U STUFF LOL)and loose ends. OH was gone for 8 weeks so it was down to me to get the kids settled into schools and into general living downunder. Once OH came back and found work I was determined we wouldnt be staying in the 2 bedroom for long and soon found us a 3 bed house opposite a park which is absolutely fantastic.

In this time I still hadnt found a job for myself, OH arrived back with us at the beginning of June and I had arranged 2 interviews for him that 1st week(lol) he was offered both and decided to take the 1 that he didnt have to work too hard (lazy git lol). I was still applying for jobs and didnt get a sniff until Aug, but it wasnt the job I wanted but coz we needed the money I took as they say beggers cant be chooses, while employed I was offered another job which I took, started in December and was fired in March reason they couldnt understand me grrrrrrrr back to job hunting again.

In between OH parents came out for xmas which was really nice especially for the kids, xmas was lovely we both had 2 weeks off from work so made the most of it.

Since xmas everything has gone downhill at an alarming speed. My dads been in hospital 3 times and is still suffering. and OHs Dad has been given months to live as he has cancer. My bestmate from UK is having the worst pregnancy possible. So at the mo im feeling like I want to go back I know this is not an option as we cant afford it especially as im still struggling to find a job, I think I just need to hear that things will get better again

Suexx
Hi Sue

Can't believe it was over a year ago that we had that brief meeting with you and your family in the irish bar at Heathrow airport. Both on our way to our new lives. How time flies eh!! (no pun intended)

Sorry to hear about Deans dad, and do pass on our condolences. It's not nice being so far away when something like that happens. It was only 8 weeks after i arrived that my nan passed away (someone i was very close to) unfortunately i didn't have the money to get home for the funeral and i was starting a new job the same week. But i know my nan would have wanted me to start my job, even so i still regret not being able to get home now.

Had some spells myself thinking of being back in blighty and close to the family, but i know where i am is where i am meant to be.

Anyway hope you got the job and things start to get better for you and the family, you only get one go at this !! Make the most of it and ride the storms. I'm sure it'll work out for the better.

All the best.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suesk
Thanks guys

As Teryna knows things are worse at the mo and strange as this may seem i havent in 9mths felt homesick its only been since xmas with the parents being ill and me losing my job.

Unfortunately OHs Dad passed away late thurs nite UK time so OH is on a plane as we speak heading for home to tackle all the shit. Cant believe the cost of the flight in times like this im sure they rip u off more $3500 for a flight for 1 adult i just wish we couldve all gone 1 to pay our last respects 2 so i can give me Dad & Mum a cwtch 3 my bestmate is gonna av her baby on monday.

Thanks again for the support guys im sure over the coming month there will b a lot of tears shed in my house so ill b back looking for some comfort and im sure there will be a few oldies and newbies who will be there for me & the girlz.

Suexx
Hi Sue, can't believe its been 12 months since we were all waiting for the visa etc.So sorry to hear about how things are at the moment. It must be doubly hard with being so far away and there's nothing like not having money to make it harder (I'm thinking of you being able to fly back to UK to see all people who you need to see).
You will probably find that one small thing will sort out and then the rest will slowly change round but it all takes time and its hard.My OH still has no job and we've been here six months now but thats nothing compared to what you are going through.
Hang in there girl, we're all with you !!Fingers crossed for the job, it doesn't matter what it is, we're all starting off like this to get back to where we were and it will happen. hope all goes well for the baby and with your parents.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

OMG u people will never believe the rest of the story. OH got back 29th april and 6th may another dreaded call my dad passed. little uns passport had expired so we had to go to brisbane for a temp passport to get us home (wot a bloody rip off) we all flew bk for my dad. Arrived bk here 10th june and had to look for a job again as cartridge world didnt keep my job open which is fair enough as i was only there 3 weeks but OH bosses have been amazing he had 8 weeks off work and still has his job. well 4 weeks ago mum was rushed into hospital with suspected appendicitus had all the tests and we have had the dreaded news she has secondary cancer things just cant get much worse. We cant go bk coz oldest starts last yr of skool feb and i already took her from her final part of education in UK. Im hoping someone will tell me if theres any chance of me being able to get her out here as they have given her mths, but then i also know mum has to make the choice 2.

suexx
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

i'm really sorry sue to hear this dreadful news

words fail me at this point, but you're such an amazing person! all i can tell you is hang in there, meanwhile, i'll keep you & your relatives in my prayers.

even though i don't know you, i really feel for you, believe me!

hang in there!

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Old Aug 24th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

don't know what to say, Sue,just cannot believe what you are going through or how you must be feeling? I guess this is the worst nightmare of all of us- being so far away when so much bad news is coming from UK.Hope things improve soon, sorry it seems such a crass thing to say but don't really know what else to say, other than thinking of you and your family....
take care,