1yr today

Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light
Default 1yr today

Hi

Its our 1st anniversary today OMG what a roller coaster its been.

Arrived in Brisbane and stayed with friends for 2 nites(thanx guys) then upto Bundaberg (wasnt for us) upto Mackay (again no) onto Townsville. I fell in love straight away. We stayed in an apartment just off The Strand for 10 nites while looking for a rental what a nitemare, stayed with another friend for a couple of nites and found a 2 bed apartment not idylic but a must, OH was goin back to Uk to finish up all the packing (DONT LET YOUR HUSBAND SORT THIS OUT GIRLZ OR U MAY FIND U DONT GET HALF U STUFF LOL)and loose ends. OH was gone for 8 weeks so it was down to me to get the kids settled into schools and into general living downunder. Once OH came back and found work I was determined we wouldnt be staying in the 2 bedroom for long and soon found us a 3 bed house opposite a park which is absolutely fantastic.

In this time I still hadnt found a job for myself, OH arrived back with us at the beginning of June and I had arranged 2 interviews for him that 1st week(lol) he was offered both and decided to take the 1 that he didnt have to work too hard (lazy git lol). I was still applying for jobs and didnt get a sniff until Aug, but it wasnt the job I wanted but coz we needed the money I took as they say beggers cant be chooses, while employed I was offered another job which I took, started in December and was fired in March reason they couldnt understand me grrrrrrrr back to job hunting again.

In between OH parents came out for xmas which was really nice especially for the kids, xmas was lovely we both had 2 weeks off from work so made the most of it.

Since xmas everything has gone downhill at an alarming speed. My dads been in hospital 3 times and is still suffering. and OHs Dad has been given months to live as he has cancer. My bestmate from UK is having the worst pregnancy possible. So at the mo im feeling like I want to go back I know this is not an option as we cant afford it especially as im still struggling to find a job, I think I just need to hear that things will get better again

Suexx
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice
Default Re: 1yr today

i remember you posting when waiting for the visa... chin up! needless to say it would be a hard time even if you were at 'home' let alone you're miles away! but you've arrived this far! don't give up now. there are two ways how you can look at what you're going through... either it will make you stronger, or it will destroy you.

don't try to hide your feelings, and when you feel like a good cry do so. but that will help you get to know yourself better because you wouldn't be lying to yourself.

that's the best advice i can give you... take care, and i hope you'll feel in a better mood soon
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Bluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by suesk
Hi

Arrived in Brisbane and stayed with friends for 2 nites(thanx guys) then upto Bundaberg (wasnt for us) upto Mackay (again no) onto Townsville. I fell in love straight away. We stayed in an apartment just off The Strand for 10 nites while looking for a rental what a nitemare, stayed with another friend for a couple of nites and found a 2 bed apartment not idylic but a must, OH was goin back to Uk to finish up all the packing (DONT LET YOUR HUSBAND SORT THIS OUT GIRLZ OR U MAY FIND U DONT GET HALF U STUFF LOL)and loose ends. OH was gone for 8 weeks so it was down to me to get the kids settled into schools and into general living downunder. Once OH came back and found work I was determined we wouldnt be staying in the 2 bedroom for long and soon found us a 3 bed house opposite a park which is absolutely fantastic.

In this time I still hadnt found a job for myself, OH arrived back with us at the beginning of June and I had arranged 2 interviews for him that 1st week(lol) he was offered both and decided to take the 1 that he didnt have to work too hard (lazy git lol). I was still applying for jobs and didnt get a sniff until Aug, but it wasnt the job I wanted but coz we needed the money I took as they say beggers cant be chooses, while employed I was offered another job which I took, started in December and was fired in March reason they couldnt understand me grrrrrrrr back to job hunting again.

In between OH parents came out for xmas which was really nice especially for the kids, xmas was lovely we both had 2 weeks off from work so made the most of it.

Since xmas everything has gone downhill at an alarming speed. My dads been in hospital 3 times and is still suffering. and OHs Dad has been given months to live as he has cancer. My bestmate from UK is having the worst pregnancy possible. So at the mo im feeling like I want to go back I know this is not an option as we cant afford it especially as im still struggling to find a job, I think I just need to hear that things will get better again

Suexx
Hi there suesk,
I wish that there was something I could say to make you feel better. We are in the process of moving to Townsville in August hopefully if the visa is cleared. We've 3 children both me and my OH are from large families so have so many people to leave behind but what you have to try and remember is that you are a unit, you have your OH and your children. Life in the UK could be just as crap. My dad is dying with lung cancer. My OH's parents are both very unwell. My stepdad has been on his last legs for over 10 years now. We can't put our lives on hold, our time here is very short so we must try our up most to enjoy the life we have. Sorry I'm not giving out advise this is just the way I have started to look at life.
I'm sure that things will start to look up for you very shortly.
We are very excited about our big move over to Oz and know that our parents aren't in the best of health but we can't wait around for them we have got to get on with living.
Hope to meet you once we make the move to Townsville, I've heard some great things about it and utube has some great snippets.
Picnic on the strand at the end of August you and me with our families, you'll be able to fill me in with all the gossip of the town!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Hi

Suexx
Hey Sue
Fancy seein you on here poorin your heart out, this immigration stuff really is a bugger. I wish i could tell you it will get better but once your at the bottom the only way is up my friend. The rollarcoaster ride of an immigrant is not over yet a??
I suspect that if you had a job and OH was happy in his work life wouldnt feel so depressing and the pull from wales would nt be quite so strong !!!!
Chin up girl im sure you can battle through this just remember this shit would be happening wherever you lived. Only you can decide what you wanna do but just remember the reason you left UK and try and ride these bad times out a.
Ive only felt homesick once when i wondered what i had done [which was when OH and Son didnt have work]but believe we have all settled well here in Bundy. Ive no Uk friends here only made friends with Bundy people purposely to stop the talk of what happens in Uk etc and i believe it has helped. We dont even attend BE meets anymore for the same reason really.
I hope things brighten up a little for you soon although things will have to get worse before they get better. I hate to sound all doom and gloom but ??? Hang on in there girl lifes a bitch sometimes a??
Teryna
PS You didnt tell of the floods, humidity, rain and more bloody rain youve suffered in Townsville either !!!!! No worries that way in Bundy just wish youd settled here we could have been there to support you through this very tuff time
Teryna xxxxxxx

Last edited by bundybell; Mar 25th 2009 at 11:31 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Hi

Suexx

Hi Suesk,

It doesn't seem that long ago we were all posting on here...all preparing to move to Australia! (almost 1 year for us too) and like you we have also had had our fair share of ups and downs.

Be positive things WILL get better you needing to go back to the UK is only natural at times when things are tough I do hope things improve soon for you.

take care Shari
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you are feeling so low at the moment. It is very hard to be so far away from family & old friends when things are not going well for them or you.
Stay strong & you will get through this difficult time. Life has its ups & downs wherever in the world you are.
Some people say that the one year mark can be a very hard time but it will pass & get better
Old Mar 28th 2009, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys

As Teryna knows things are worse at the mo and strange as this may seem i havent in 9mths felt homesick its only been since xmas with the parents being ill and me losing my job.

Unfortunately OHs Dad passed away late thurs nite UK time so OH is on a plane as we speak heading for home to tackle all the shit. Cant believe the cost of the flight in times like this im sure they rip u off more $3500 for a flight for 1 adult i just wish we couldve all gone 1 to pay our last respects 2 so i can give me Dad & Mum a cwtch 3 my bestmate is gonna av her baby on monday.

Thanks again for the support guys im sure over the coming month there will b a lot of tears shed in my house so ill b back looking for some comfort and im sure there will be a few oldies and newbies who will be there for me & the girlz.

Suexx
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Bluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant future

Just want to say that I'm very sorry that your OH father has passed away.
Things will get better, keep your chin up and we are hear for you if you need us. xxx
Thanks guys

As Teryna knows things are worse at the mo and strange as this may seem i havent in 9mths felt homesick its only been since xmas with the parents being ill and me losing my job.

Unfortunately OHs Dad passed away late thurs nite UK time so OH is on a plane as we speak heading for home to tackle all the shit. Cant believe the cost of the flight in times like this im sure they rip u off more $3500 for a flight for 1 adult i just wish we couldve all gone 1 to pay our last respects 2 so i can give me Dad & Mum a cwtch 3 my bestmate is gonna av her baby on monday.

Thanks again for the support guys im sure over the coming month there will b a lot of tears shed in my house so ill b back looking for some comfort and im sure there will be a few oldies and newbies who will be there for me & the girlz.

Suexx
Old Mar 29th 2009, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys

Suexx
Sincere condolences Sue.
I can fully empathise with how you must be feeling right now. My fil died shortly after we arrived & OH had to go back on his own. It was a very difficult time for all of us.
Thinking of you.
Oh & don't do what I did, I stayed off BE because I was feeling so negative but it really can provide some great support when you need it.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks guys at times like these when you think your on your own but coming on here u realise theres a big community who will help each other out. Ill still come on here especially if im having a bad day as im sure someone will cheer me up.

Thanks again everyone who took the time to reply.

Suexx
Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Shari68 will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys

Suexx
Sorry to hear your sad news Sue, hope things get easier for you and yours soon take care Shari
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice

Thanks guys at times like these when you think your on your own but coming on here u realise theres a big community who will help each other out. Ill still come on here especially if im having a bad day as im sure someone will cheer me up.

Thanks again everyone who took the time to reply.

Suexx
Soooo sory to hear this news didnt realise wheni last spoke to you FIL had actually passed A blessing in disguise really Sue but you know me for ever with the nurses head on!! Chin up gal you can do it i tell my kids
'lifes a bitch and then you die'
aint that just true ???
You know where i am if you need a chat
Teryna
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bundybell
Soooo sory to hear this news didnt realise wheni last spoke to you FIL had actually passed A blessing in disguise really Sue but you know me for ever with the nurses head on!! Chin up gal you can do it i tell my kids
'lifes a bitch and then you die'
aint that just true ???
You know where i am if you need a chat
Teryna

He passed 5 mins after i finished talking to you last week. At the moment im really missing OH.

But hopefully some good news keep your fingers crossed I got an interview.

Suexx
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

He passed 5 mins after i finished talking to you last week. At the moment im really missing OH.

But hopefully some good news keep your fingers crossed I got an interview.

Suexx
I really feel for you girl i only went on education days in Brissie for 2 days and missed Colin soooo much hated it !!! Just said goodbye to Lucys boyfriend and i turned into a blubberibg wreck god help me when i have to say by to my mum and dad. O did i tell you theyve booked to visit they arrive 21st april for 3 wks !!
Teryna
Good luck with interview !!! where and what is it doin ??
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Lucky u my mum & dad aint coming now drs av said dad to ill to fly so they av cancelled thier flight.

Hows Lucy feeling?

Cartridge world lol not wot i planned on doin but its a job (if i get it prob about 70 applications)

Suexx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.