Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

14 years, ping pong time

14 years, ping pong time

Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool 14 years, ping pong time

We were on here as steve&clare but I don't have access to the email address I registered with, so here we are...

Moved to Perth in 2005, had our daughter in 2009 and moved back to the UK to allow her to have a relationship with grandparents in 2015.

We've been back in the UK for 3 years now and we simply don't like it here, we don't fit. We are planning on returning to Perth within the next 18 months, which given the cost of 3 moves, will mean we will be poor forever. Life is too short for regrets, you've just got to roll the dice and make the right choice at the time - ours is to go back to Perth and the lifestyle we loved so much.

I am sure Perth has changed a bit in the 3 years we have been away, but I guarantee it hasnt transformed in the way the UK did in the 10 years we were in Perth.

It feels comfortable to be back here, so hiya.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: 14 years, ping pong time

Originally Posted by boom_meringue
We were on here as steve&clare but I don't have access to the email address I registered with, so here we are...

I can help with that if you wish.
Old Jan 17th 2019, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I can help with that if you wish.
If you could, that would be great. I can't PM you until I have 3 posts (this one makes 3....)
Old Nov 30th 2019, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

PittwaterPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure Perth has changed a bit in the 3 years we have been away, but I guarantee it hasnt transformed in the way the UK did in the 10 years we were in Perth.
Hello

Interesting you should say that.

My sister told me that the UK has transformed so much over the past 20 years (and for the worse), that I would find it unrecognisable and would no longer like it.

I have a friend who has just moved to Perth and she loves it

And true, life is too short for regrets.

I tend to view "mistakes" as experiences to learn from

Good luck whatever your final decision

Old Nov 30th 2019, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PittwaterPrincess
My sister told me that the UK has transformed so much over the past 20 years (and for the worse), that I would find it unrecognisable and would no longer like it.
We have been back for 4 years now and I can confirm that the UK has changed dramatically for the worst. 10 years of the tories has destroyed public services, broken the education system, eroded the NHS and left many, many people reliant on food banks to feed their families. What I find most sad is that there is a pervasive lack of caring. Brexit has reduced the level of political debate in this country to one dimensional cat calling.

I truly despair.

We have managed to finally sell our house, hopefully going to be in Perth by the end of January.
Old Nov 30th 2019, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

PittwaterPrincess is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been back for 4 years now and I can confirm that the UK has changed dramatically for the worst.
Well thank goodness I never returned

From what my sister has said over the years.......... it really sounds AWFUL now

And remember if Perth does not work out for you again.............then come to "Gods Own Country".................Avalon NSW