Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

whats the best way to contact prospective employers

whats the best way to contact prospective employers

Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: whats the best way to contact prospective employers

Originally Posted by kb33
Yup that is correct,

Nice to see one pupil as been doing his homework
YUP for about a year and a half......
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spockil
as id quite like to end up in possibly Ontario but they dont have the pnp for getting residentsy. so looking at another province then working and gaining pr and moving to ontario.
A lot of people do that.

Can't remember your circumstances but if I was single I would find a company that pays well and work my ass off till PR came through saving as much as possible.

A lot of single guys don't evenb have a home as such but live in the truck and on days off use hotel / Motel accomodation thus saving money as you have no real overheads.

Thats what I would do....well we did in the Gulf with 3 in a cab for 9 months so wouldn't be much of a hassle....
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

but dont you need a address for the license?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Think they just use the truck companies. Someone might know for deffo.
Or if your goining over on a TWP the company have an obligation to find you digs. Some have flats & digs they use all the time for overseas drivers. If they do use that one then sack it when your fully trained to go on the road.

I believe a lot of the single guys at H&R have done this they seem to use the Sandman Hotel till they go on the road then use it as a base for days of if needed on return to leighbridge.

Ask Koogs what he did as I seem to remember reading his blog and i think he didn't have a perm home when he worked for Kindersley...but I might be confused in my old age.

Ask him anyway he'll have more of an idea about this.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Yes you do and it as to be a permanent address, So I'm not sure how the lads that live in the truck get by it, They also take your UK licence off you
Old Oct 26th 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

They must use the trucking company for a permanent address? I cant think of any other way around it.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Il just need to try it when i get out and ask questions.
If need be rent a room somewhere.
so hows everyone else getting on with their move?
Old Oct 26th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Il just need to try it when i get out and ask questions.
If need be rent a room somewhere.
so hows everyone else getting on with their move?
girl friend is pissed at me just broke 5 wine glasses i meen its her fault giving me a 1 armed guy the wine glasses to pack sorry dear
Old Oct 26th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

well she should know better than let you pack fragile objects.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gremmie
girl friend is pissed at me just broke 5 wine glasses i meen its her fault giving me a 1 armed guy the wine glasses to pack sorry dear
Doesnt matter you can drink from the bottle with one arm
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ERE YA's All Go found the info that Koogar replied to...not lost me marbles:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=sirus&page=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete d
Alright mate, just reading your thread, it started me thinking, how do you get on with back accounts, insurance etc.. with no fixed abode?
how does your company feel about you squatting in there truck all the time?
have you got any plans for getting a place or is this the long term plan?

He stays in a hotel when at 'home base' so he isn't in the truck any more than he would be if he had a house.
I did it for 13-14 months. Not much point paying hundreds of dollars a month in rent for a place you only spend 3 or 4 days a month in. Cheaper to pay for a hotel on the few day's you're off. No bills and free internet.
Everything I had (bank accounts/SSN/licence) was at the company address.
Obviously, it's different if you go over with a family.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

sounds like a plan. I am a single man so wont have a problem with excess baggage. well thats always a question i can ask at interview to see if i can use their address for all that stuff.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

or i could always shack up with a nice canadian
Old Oct 26th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

sounds like a plan. I am a single man so wont have a problem with excess baggage. well thats always a question i can ask at interview to see if i can use their address for all that stuff.
Where you planning on going ??
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

still undecided where but thinking along lines of sk, ns or anywhere else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.