Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Well - Iam ok for a job, but some replied looking for drivers !!

Well - Iam ok for a job, but some replied looking for drivers !!

Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Well - Iam ok for a job, but some replied looking for drivers !!

As you all know, I am off here soon, ready for the A&W coffee

But for those who have sent massive emails for a driving JOB in Canada, well this arrived back today.

Hi Colin

Can you please provide a copy of your resume with references that we can
contact along with your drivers abstract.

Thanks for your application.

Sheila Baker
Excel Transportation Inc.

"Sheila Baker" <[email protected]>
So there is one looking, and NOT via a £7k + ripp-off canadian immigration/employment agency either.......

and

This is a KIS (Keep it simple) email I sent.....so take notice that short is SWEET

Subject: Driver Position

Morning, Interested in Driving position, I am in the UK but moving to Canada
with the right driving job.

22-yrs past exp with all aspects in LGV trucking.

Regards

Colin

Last edited by bigwheels241; Jan 19th 2009 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Well - Iam ok for a job, but some replied looking for drivers !!

Well done BW!
I thought when you mentioned AW and coffee you were on about her indoors
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

The preferred pnumonic is KISS
Keep It Simple Stupid

Which is on par with KIT
Keep In Touch

So let us know how you get on!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241

But for those who have sent massive emails for a driving JOB in Canada, well this arrived back today.

So there is one looking, and NOT via a £7k + ripp-off canadian immigration/employment agency either.......

and

This is a KIS (Keep it simple) email I sent.....so take notice that short is SWEET

The times I have told guys not to use the companies that charge huge imigration fees ! .... If they really want you they will really help you by just putting you intouch with the canadian imigration authority's. You will save a few grand and not line the pockets of greedy agencies that you don't really need. .... ALL THOSE AGENCY"S ARE RIPPING YOU OFF.
It will only cost a grand or less if you find a good company.
When I first came to the states Covenant wanted about $7k to help me, I eventually found a company who put me through the test for $20
I paid my own imigration fees and they came to a lot less. I know it's not Canada but I have lots of friends in Canada who have been through the process for a fraction of what the agency's ask .... Don't use them and don't let them use you to get rich.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:56 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
The times I have told guys not to use the companies that charge huge imigration fees ! .... If they really want you they will really help you by just putting you intouch with the canadian imigration authority's. You will save a few grand and not line the pockets of greedy agencies that you don't really need. .... ALL THOSE AGENCY"S ARE RIPPING YOU OFF.
When I first came to the states Covenant wanted about $7k to help me, I eventually found a company who put me through the test for $20
I paid my own imigration fees and they came to a lot less. I know it's not Canada but I have lots of friends in Canada who have been through the process for a fraction of what the agency's ask .... Don't use them and don't let them use you to get rich.
well said sir
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Exactly, like you Iam one of the 1st to assist anyone if they want to migrate, and the best thing is NOT to sign-up for their services, as 99.9% of all Q? are within this website and a simple search in google will fill in the balance.

Thats why I posted this post, its easy to get job offers, just keep it simple and short and to the point....
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have no intention of spending MY money (would be willing to part with the wifes) for something that I can do myself.
The problem is there are the main/well known trucking companies who wont entertain you unless you go through the firm they employ to empty you wallet.
Exactly as BW states there ar companies out there willing to take you on if you do the research right!
I still have time and I am just soaking up the info for the mo, but its all good stuff
Everyday is a school day!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:58 am
Just Joined

tiggy67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigwheels241

and

im looking for work in edmonton im still in engalnd and just starting the process can anyone give advice
Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:59 am
Just Joined

tiggy67 is an unknown quantity at this point

you sound like you know the score im in england just starting the process anychance of a few tips
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiggy67
you sound like you know the score im in england just starting the process anychance of a few tips
I will PM you
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiggy67
Read as many of the threads on here as poss, tons of good info between the silly chit chat... do plenty of research then come back and ask your Qs
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

nick61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Well - Iam ok for a job, but some replied looking for drivers !!

hi newbie here whats a dvrs abstract sorry but new to this game, trying to go to canada this year reading lots of threads, I drive for camdens at moment but anything will do thanks
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nick61
hi newbie here whats a dvrs abstract sorry but new to this game, trying to go to canada this year reading lots of threads, I drive for camdens at moment but anything will do thanks
read this regarding drivers abstract..
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578155
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

nick61 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that, and congrats on the wedding
Old Feb 17th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nick61
thanks for that, and congrats on the wedding
thankyou...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.