Wages for Truckers

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Nah ..... Life wouldn't be the same without BT

Once you learn to ignore him....
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ejbsom
ive been watching this post for a couple of months now as my husband and i are hoping to go to alberta in feb 08 with H and R. Dont need telling how crap they are, i already know but o/h willing to give it a go any way. beats living in this country, and i am speaking from experiance as i used to live there. cant wait to go back.
I was just wondering why you post on this thread, ive only ever heard you say REPEATEDLY bad things about the whole canadian trucking experience. I cant understand, that is if you arent looking to go back, why you would spend all your spare time on here. Is it that since coming back you have nothing better to do. wouldnt your time be best spent doing some volunteer work? Not been funny, just genuinely curious!
1.You don't need telling how crap they are yet your still going to travel half way around the world to give it a try?!!!!!!!
2. I have REPEATEDLY said bad things about OTR trucking (NOT the whole Canadian trucking experience) because I know them to be TRUE!!!!!!!
3.In my spare time? I take it you can't get internet access at work then?!!!!
4.Since "coming back" I went back to my £38k/year full time job and started a trucking business in 2004 which turned over a £24k profit last year with one truck!!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:51 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
1.You don't need telling how crap they are yet your still going to travel half way around the world to give it a try?!!!!!!!
2. I have REPEATEDLY said bad things about OTR trucking (NOT the whole Canadian trucking experience) because I know them to be TRUE!!!!!!!
3.In my spare time? I take it you can't get internet access at work then?!!!!
4.Since "coming back" I went back to my £38k/year full time job and started a trucking business in 2004 which turned over a £24k profit last year with one truck!!!!
Then you are very lucky! My OH did not earn £24k and he used to leave the house on a Sunday to be in NI by Monday morning as well as the other runs he had all over England and Wales throughout the week, his working hours and driving hours we always to the limit.

I don't want to enter into a banter about wages but am just stating from my experience as the wife of a lorry driver that he doesn't earn good money. he earns regular money and gives his all in the job. he was lucky to work for the same company for 14 years which was a safe job, only england and wales, factory was just up the road so didn't need transport. he has been with his current company 2 years, he likes it, its local - but, we have grown up children, no mortgage and a thirst to try pastures new. We own our own house next to rented property that are filled with drug addicts by the landlord. he can sleep at night he doesn't live close....

to be honest I don't want to finish this post as it means it may be consrued as moaning and that's not what its about. The world is a big place, there are places to see and people to meet, we have buried a few friends in the last 3 years all younger than us - this changes your outlook on life......... well in our case anyway. Please please keep the posts constructive.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:13 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=
4.Since "coming back" I went back to my £38k/year full time job and started a trucking business in 2004 which turned over a £24k profit last year with one truck!!!![/quote]

Would you care to break down the figures for us (as i did) so we can try and pick holes in them (as you did with mine) or is it just "internet bs boasting" ?
Just the basics will do, ie. miles covered, cost of fuel, fuel used, maintainance costs, insurance etc etc
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

< Pulls up chair , Opens popcorn and waits for show to begin >

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:22 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
< Pulls up chair , Opens popcorn and waits for show to begin >

room for a little one, I've got my own whiskey
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Would you care to break down the figures for us (as i did) so we can try and pick holes in them (as you did with mine) or is it just "internet bs boasting" ?
Just the basics will do, ie. miles covered, cost of fuel, fuel used, maintainance costs, insurance etc etc
The basic's:
Truck payment £465/month (over 3 years)
All insurances £400/month
Fuel approx £1600/£1800 month (currently 62ppl in Eire)
Servicing/tyres etc £400/month
Truck gross approx £1800/£2200 a week
You do the math!!!

P.S. For that I'm on the weighbridge at 5.30am and "pull the plug" 3.30/4.30pm 5 days/week and maybe the odd Sat morning and you all wonder why I'm so negative about going OTR (long haul) in Canada!!!!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

P.S. For that I'm on the weighbridge at 5.30am and "pull the plug" 3.30/4.30pm 5 days/week and maybe the odd Sat morning and you all wonder why I'm so negative about going OTR (long haul) in Canada

NO... I wonder why you come on here at all !!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kb33
NO... I wonder why you come on here at all !!!!!!!!!
Do me a favour,
Stop following me around like a bad smell!!!!!!!:curse:

I think the score is:
Soothsayers 1
Rose tinted glasses brigade 0
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do me a favour,

Erm ... I come on here to find all about Trucking /Living in Canada , And because I am flying out there Sunday. What your excuse ??

Plus this is by far the best entertainment I've had in months

Sad I know ..
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Do me a favour,

I think the score is:
Soothsayers 1
Rose tinted glasses brigade 0
A fox smells his own hole !!!!!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:15 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

The basic's:
You do the math!!!

P.S. For that I'm on the weighbridge at 5.30am and "pull the plug" 3.30/4.30pm 5 days/week and maybe the odd Sat morning and you all wonder why I'm so negative about going OTR (long haul) in Canada!!!!!!
My 3 yr old daughter could have come up with those figures, they mean nothing without basic details like where you haul to and from, weekly mileage, what truck (must be a toyota pick-up for 465 p/m) etc

p.s. soothsayer means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soothsayer not bullshi##ing, depressive doom merchant, the words i think you mean't to insert there was lieing idiot, even then you got the score wrong.

</IMG></IMG>
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

My 3 yr old daughter could have come up with those figures, they mean nothing without basic details like where you haul to and from, weekly mileage, what truck (must be a toyota pick-up for 465 p/m) etc

p.s. soothsayer means http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soothsayer not bullshi##ing, depressive doom merchant, the words i think you mean't to insert there was lieing idiot, even then you got the score wrong.

</IMG></IMG>

I think the score is:
Soothsayers 1
Rose tinted glasses brigade 10

Game set and match to thee Rose tinted glasses brigade
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

The basic's:
You do the math!!!
Er, I did the math - £465 a month Truck payment, total of £16,740 total payment for 3 years. I'll have a few of those please - my FH's depreciate more than that - unless Big Truck is actually a van????? and fuel average of £1700 a month :

£1700 divided by 62ppl = 2742 ltrs a month
2742 x 12 (months) = 32904 divided by 52 (weeks) as you have quoted monthly against weekly prices = 633 ltrs a week
633 ltrs / 139 gal x 8 (mpg approx?) = 1112 miles a week /1779 kms

So unless your vehicle is REALLY fuel efficient, or you dont cover many miles a week?

Liked this too:
costs 465+400+1700+400 = 2965 a month x 12 divide by 52 = £621 a week
£2000 (average gross income) - £621 = £1379 profit a week x 52 = £71708 profit a year.

£71708 a year profit based on your cost's, but you said £24000 profit - so only about £47,000 out somewhere................
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

</IMG></IMG>
If you really are that interested go to the O/D's forum at www.trucknetuk.com and look for my posts!!!!!!!!
It is a 2003 6x2 truck "chipped" to 475hp and I'm paying £465/month and at the end of the 3 years its mine,not like your $2350/month one where after fives years of paying that you hand it back!!!!!!!!
That Peterbilt 359 of yours that does 7/8mpg and uses $2000 fuel/month hauling tyres,I've a few O/O friends of mine in the lower 48 who need to know your truck spec's as they want to order 10 new ones each!!!!!!!

Score now 2-0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.