Wages for Truckers

Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

I'M BACK I am so glad you missed me

I have had major problems with my internet:curse: And yes, we paid our bill

I am still off to Canada next Feb and I am sooooo looking forward to it.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karla03

HOLY SHIT
Good to have you back and yeah we did, but not much so dont get to big headed now.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thought you people were already in Canada what are you waiting for
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Thought you people were already in Canada what are you waiting for
Ah just a few things i need to do before i go and sort out thanks to them being so not good at Admin. Be there in September thou.
LOAFY...
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

A free tip... do some training on a crash gear box before you get here. 99% of the trucks have non synchro's. A friend of mine at westcan in Lloydminster had never driven with such a thing ,he felt a right wally the first few days cleaning the teeth in the box
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
A free tip... do some training on a crash gear box before you get here. 99% of the trucks have non synchro's. A friend of mine at westcan in Lloydminster had never driven with such a thing ,he felt a right wally the first few days cleaning the teeth in the box
I know what your saying there, used a few in my time and they are good when you get used to them, most dont have them now they have all moved over to auto boxes, well most of the big companies have, Its all about timing and getting the revs right, some people just dont get it thou but i think they are the ones who dont understand how it works.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

They're the ones....some of the younger guys will heve to cut their teeth on'em.... quiet literaly I guess Loafy we're from the same era (soon 48yrs old) I can tell ya it comes as a bit of a shock starting from new again,taking tests etc. But having seen some of the Canadian truckers standard of driving??? they should be thankful they're getting us. Watched one turn right the other day,plenty of space to turn mark you,and ooops. Lamp post down trailer in the ditch,leading trailer axel off.The police had a field day
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
Have a look here ..plenty of positives comments about trucking in Canada
While its quite true that there are plenty of positive comments about long haul truck driving in Canada on "onlinetruckers" it has to be remembered that 90% of the guy's that post on there drive for "Big Freight".
The other 10% are made up of 2 Westcan drivers, a few who drive in the USA only and little ole grumpy me!!

P.S.
nice to see you back Karla.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Truck
While its quite true that there are plenty of positive comments about long haul truck driving in Canada on "onlinetruckers" it has to be remembered that 90% of the guy's that post on there drive for "Big Freight".
The other 10% are made up of 2 Westcan drivers, a few who drive in the USA only and little ole grumpy me!!

P.S.
nice to see you back Karla.
Thank You very much, Its nice to be back.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Does anyone have any info at all as to where Karla and her OH have dissappeared to....nobody has heard a thing from them in ages.

ANY IDEAS ANYONE

How sweet..........................You missed me

Are you going to the Reunion in Nov??????? It will be nice to meet up and put a face to a name, plus have several drinks.

I bet your looking forward to your recce? We can't wait to move over to PEI. I am also starting to look into a new career - Real Estate!!

Karla x x x x
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

How sweet..........................You missed me

Are you going to the Reunion in Nov??????? It will be nice to meet up and put a face to a name, plus have several drinks.

I bet your looking forward to your recce? We can't wait to move over to PEI. I am also starting to look into a new career - Real Estate!!

Karla x x x x
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Your back.

We thought you'd done a runner somewhere and Binned canada............NOT

Glad to have Ya's back.

Might make the reunion depends on things here. We fly out on recce 14 Sep and will meet up with a couple of prospective employers while there.

Can't wait just sorting admin - Insurance, car rental etc....any info greatly appreciated on any good company's

cheers Dave
Old Aug 13th 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Your back.

We thought you'd done a runner somewhere and Binned canada............NOT

Glad to have Ya's back.

Might make the reunion depends on things here. We fly out on recce 14 Sep and will meet up with a couple of prospective employers while there.

Can't wait just sorting admin - Insurance, car rental etc....any info greatly appreciated on any good company's

cheers Dave
Davie,
have you found any "bulk haulage" companies in PEI?
As I think they grow alot of spuds there I thought there would be a few "bulker" driving jobs floating about that maybe wouldn't entail any "long haul".
Old Aug 13th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Davie,
have you found any "bulk haulage" companies in PEI?
As I think they grow alot of spuds there I thought there would be a few "bulker" driving jobs floating about that maybe wouldn't entail any "long haul".
The 2 main companies seem to be seafoodexpress

They have: Containers, Reefers and a stepdeck section

AND

Bulk Carriers...who say

Our company’s fleet is made up of all reefer trailers, approximately 45 with 40 power units including owner operators. Using a trailer fleet made up of entirely reefer units, provides greater flexibility in meeting the requirements of our customers for carrying their products.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Kind of narrows it down then

You should really get yourself out there and talk to drivers actually doing the job , Instead of relying on gossip and tittle tattle to spread your pessimism
OK there are drivers and families that have come back home very unhappy , But do you know the real reasons ? Because they nearly all blame it on the company and will probably be just as unhappy living back in the UK , Although some say Canada just wasn't for them, But there are families out there now working for the very same companies and very happy ,(I know because I have talked to them ) How can this be ?? - Probably because they dealt with the same problems better than the unsuccessful ones and they wanted it to work more.

I was talking to an ex Yanke driver just the other night , He lasted 18 months and came home , But you know what ? He his flying back out there on Thursday to work for the very same company , Maybe he thought Canada isnt all that bad after all and realised what the UK is becoming .

I've been researching trucking in Canada for nearly a year now and come to the conclusion that it works for some and not for others and the only way to find out is to try it for yourself , otherwise you will go through the rest of your life thinking "what if "

And please tell me of a trucking company in the UK were ALL the drivers are happy ..answer .. NONE - Just like any other country.

Last edited by kb33; Aug 14th 2007 at 1:50 am. Reason: speelimg ;0)
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kb33
Kind of narrows it down then

You should really get yourself out there and talk to drivers actually doing the job , Instead of relying on gossip and tittle tattle to spread your pessimism
OK there are drivers and families that have come back home very unhappy , But do you know the real reasons ? Because they nearly all blame it on the company and will probably be just as unhappy living back in the UK , Although some say Canada just wasn't for them, But there are families out there now working for the very same companies and very happy ,(I know because I have talked to them ) How can this be ?? - Probably because they dealt with the same problems better than the unsuccessful ones and they wanted it to work more.

I was talking to an ex Yanke driver just the other night , He lasted 18 months and came home , But you know what ? He his flying back out there on Thursday to work for the very same company , Maybe he thought Canada isnt all that bad after all and realised what the UK is becoming .

I've been researching trucking in Canada for nearly a year now and come to the conclusion that it works for some and not for others and the only way to find out is to try it for yourself , otherwise you will go through the rest of your life thinking "what if "

And please tell me of a trucking company in the UK were ALL the drivers are happy ..answer .. NONE - Just like any other country.
For the last time its NOT pessimism about imigrating to Canada to live,its pessimism about driving trucks "long haul" in N.America full stop.
I still can't get my head around how you have a better life when you are away from the family for 14 days at a time,driving 13 hours a day for "average" wages only to come home for your 2/3 days and then back out for another 14 days,how that is a better life is beyond me!!!!
I know you are going with Westcan Bulk and the hauls are shorter but you will find that you're standing outside the office at the terminal in the middle
of winter looking for work with all the other imigrants (East Europeans included!!) and there will be suspiciously few Canadians standing there with you,so at the end of the day your just an agency driver!!!

P.S. sure you believe anything you're told anyway as the famous TROLL from this site DAVID SEYMOUR comes to mind!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.