Visas

Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Andy and Jude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visas

I have an LMO and contract from a company in Ontario do I haveto apply for a temporary visa from Uk of do I do it in Ontario? Any useful information would be very helpful,( its not H&R lol)
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visas

Sorry but I can't help you,no idea of the requirements in Ontario.How are you coming over? Maybe worth a trip to the High Commission in London ?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I you have an LMO just ask the nice immigration officer () at the airport for a Work Permit
Old Jun 14th 2011, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Andy and Jude is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Visas

Thanks for the info lads. We will be there in time for Canada Day!!!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Not sure it works like that and you need to find out. The way it used to work is that you got the job offer, the LMO (signed by yourself and the company), the completed application for a temporary work permit, the criminal record search for all countries you have resided in since 18 years of age, the required pictures (4 I think) and then you sent or took it all to the High Commission in London along with the $150.

They then send you a letter stating you are entitled to work for one or two years and THAT is what you present to the Immigration upon arrival. I think, should you turn up in Toronto with an LMO, they would say "So what."

Kev, I thought you knew how the system worked...
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

I know things have changed since we came over,but I'm with BTD on this issue,don't take any chances.
We had sent our furniture previous to our arrival,had two children ,sold house and left our jobs,we didn't leave anything to chance,which involved two trips to the High Commission in London just to make sure.
We weren't turned back at the airport,and lived happily ever after,until today when the basement flooded and my youngest son crashed our 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee into a wall,my wife says "you've gotta laugh",I'm not convinced.

Best of luck.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

They certainly haven't changed that much.. Until you get a letter stating you are entitled to work here you are not entitled- end of. Until CIC have actually looked into your past and know you are safe- not an axe murderer at least- then you are not admissable as a worker.

Sorry to hear of your woes. Not going to say that you should laugh but you have got to take it in your stride.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Striding forward with Kokanee in hand,what else can you do ?
Jeep is in the bodyshop,new water heater installed,and wallet is 752 bucks lighter, not !!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

I partly flooded mine twice this year already... make that 3 times...

Luckily, I am local now so can keep drying it up every day till it is sorted.. Word to the wise. If you have to replace the 12psi water pressure vessel on your furnace, make sure you either completely drain the system or make sure there is a valve in there to turn it off.. You have no idea how far 3 gallons of water through a 1/2" hole at a mere 12 psi can fly...
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sod that,I'll call our local plumber and heating guy. If it involves an engine,wood or paint I'm fine and dandy,everything else is a friend or 1-800
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Oh I did consult them..

"You may get a little bit of water" he said.. I bet he was laughing his ass off all day about that...

Still, the mess did make me move all the stuff from where it was and that gave me a clear bench.. Now I have all my reloading stuff and gun repair stuff on there...
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kb33
I you have an LMO just ask the nice immigration officer () at the airport for a Work Permit
Sorry forgot to say this is how it works at Calgary Airport not sure about Toronto, Dont have to deal with High Commision either and got LMO emailed to us , Just hand to I.O and $150 then they give you a work permit , Still works likes this now as far as I know.

Happy now
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Delirious.

So you are saying that you do not need to have the police checks or anything like that, or the pictures? There is a form that HAS to be filled out. If you are already a migrant worker it is different, but for someone newly arrived, there are other things required..

You do realise I am beginning to think you are another one of my friends incognito. You have gone at all of us when we were the ones wanted to help out.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Delirious.

So you are saying that you do not need to have the police checks or anything like that, or the pictures? There is a form that HAS to be filled out. If you are already a migrant worker it is different, but for someone newly arrived, there are other things required..

You do realise I am beginning to think you are another one of my friends incognito. You have gone at all of us when we were the ones wanted to help out.
Was advised to have CRB with us but wasn't asked for , just telling it how it is ps your new best buddy as replied on the other thread and let me tell you it's a classic
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Don't try to stir, Kev. It won't work. This is probably the first contact Dave and I have had in 4 months and it isn't contact, just our points of view happen to be similar.

So you are saying that you are able to ask for a work permit at POE without having been through all the various screens that weed out potential abductors, criminals et al? You are saying that they will just issue anyone with a work permit as long as they have a job?

Tell you what, I will ask at the border when I get chance, or maybe Dave can as he crosses more often than me. See, I think that is not the case and I would never say to someone to just turn up with a quarter of the paperwork.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.