Trucking with Diabetes

Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

bestie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trucking with Diabetes

Hi,
Does anyone know if you can get a job driving lorries in canada with type 2 diabetes please, spoke to H & R but they said they wouldnt employ me but other companies might, just wondered if anybody else has had this problem

bestie
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future
Default Re: Trucking with Diabetes

Originally Posted by bestie
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can get a job driving lorries in canada with type 2 diabetes please, spoke to H & R but they said they wouldnt employ me but other companies might, just wondered if anybody else has had this problem

bestie
Hi Bestie,

Have you tried asking on the main forum, or immigration? I know Diabetes does not cause any problems for the medical as to regard to moving to Canada - just not sure about Trucking companies? (read it on immigration part of BE)

Is type 2, the type that doesn't need insulin ect.....

Hope you find what you're looking for

Chris
Old Sep 5th 2007, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
Hi Bestie,

Have you tried asking on the main forum, or immigration? I know Diabetes does not cause any problems for the medical as to regard to moving to Canada - just not sure about Trucking companies? (read it on immigration part of BE)

Is type 2, the type that doesn't need insulin ect.....

Hope you find what you're looking for

Chris
Hi Chris

Yes the diabetes is treated with tablets, had it for 4 years has never interferred with my driving in england but looks like a problem in canada, hopefully find someone.

many thanx

bestie
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Mighht be a problem,infact im sure ist a problem regarding USA, Canada will search as ive seen it some where. OK
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris

Yes the diabetes is treated with tablets, had it for 4 years has never interferred with my driving in england but looks like a problem in canada, hopefully find someone.

many thanx

bestie
Found this m8 on www.icbc.ca klick capter 6 page 150

As a B.C. driver, you may
not operate a commercial
vehicle in the U.S. if
you have a history of
epilepsy, if you have
diabetes controlled by
insulin or if you do not
meet the U.S. hearing
standards.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

bestie
So Bestie boy have dug this out the web, regarding diabetis in Alberta and all of canada, read all,i'm no Doctor and don't know your case but i think you qualify

http://www.diabetes.ca/section_advoc...es_driving.asp

Last edited by Gremmie; Sep 6th 2007 at 4:20 am. Reason: forgot something,,,,getting old
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gremmie
So Bestie boy have dug this out the web, regarding diabetis in Alberta and all of canada, read all,i'm no Doctor and don't know your case but i think you qualify

http://www.diabetes.ca/section_advoc...es_driving.asp
Hi Gremmie

Thank you for that, i have read it and as peter is only diet and tablet controlled according to that site there shouldn't be a problem, i have sent his resume to a few firms and have to wait and see. Hopefully we will have some luck, the firm he is with in england have no problems with him.

Fingers crossed.

besties wife