income tax?

Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

paulburt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default income tax?

anyone know the ins n outs?
whats the basic rate stopped at source i.e what do actually get out of a weeks money earnt?
read posts on other forums where lads have got a refund at the end of the year (some as much as 10,000), some have said they'd got it automatically, some say you need to get an accountant to claim the money as you would do here, is this because some are on an hourly rate and some are on mileage?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: income tax?

Havent got all that stuff figured out yet,try asking on the main Canada forum. But i know that we get meal allowence back.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:32 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulburt
anyone know the ins n outs?
whats the basic rate stopped at source i.e what do actually get out of a weeks money earnt?
read posts on other forums where lads have got a refund at the end of the year (some as much as 10,000), some have said they'd got it automatically, some say you need to get an accountant to claim the money as you would do here, is this because some are on an hourly rate and some are on mileage?
As an O/O i file a tax return every 3 months (doesn't have to be 3 months, can be 12) I expect to get app $2,500 - $3,000 per quarter. As a company driver you will pay tax at source but you will have to claim your meal allowance seperately unless it's factored into your wage.
the only people that can give you a definitive answer are the tax office and your employer.

HTH

Andy
Old Sep 9th 2007, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

paulburt is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that, how do find the owner driving over there?
you'll know yourself in the uk you can earn a fair bit more than a company driver but all the grief makes you continually wonder if it's all worth it?
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:18 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulburt
thanks for that, how do find the owner driving over there?
you'll know yourself in the uk you can earn a fair bit more than a company driver but all the grief makes you continually wonder if it's all worth it?
I only drove straight trucks in the UK so i don't know how it is there but here there are no more hassles than being a company driver really and the money is much better.