Telling it How it is.

Old Jul 7th 2011, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Telling it How it is.

My daughter ( who still lives in the UK ) as just been refused a one year student visa

On the grounds that we live here and she might stay.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
This applies to any country, its the shitty bit of the immigration game
If you ask for people to come work in your country and promise them a processing time and other certain conditions you should stick to them-if you don't then I believe the technical term for that is to lie!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kb33
My daughter ( who still lives in the UK ) as just been refused a one year student visa

That sucks, but unfortunately people will have abused the system in this way in the past, as usual everyone suffers as a result, that's the way of the world
Old Jul 7th 2011, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Why was she not on your original PR application ?????
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Why was she not on your original PR application ?????

She was all loved up with the boyfriend (who is history ) and just moved into a flat with him , plus she wanted to finish her Uni course . She now as all these fancy qualifications and they still won't give her a student holiday /work visa.

I think that this is just part of the bigger picture of what's happening right now though, a few years ago they would let anyone in and give them PR, nowadays they are making very difficult just to even get a work permit and if you manage to get one don't expect PR will be a foregone conclusion .

So it's not just Truckers feeling the brunt of it all .
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

She was all loved up with the boyfriend (who is history ) and just moved into a flat with him , plus she wanted to finish her Uni course . She now as all these fancy qualifications and they still won't give her a student holiday /work visa.

I think that this is just part of the bigger picture of what's happening right now though, a few years ago they would let anyone in and give them PR, nowadays they are making very difficult just to even get a work permit and if you manage to get one don't expect PR will be a foregone conclusion .

So it's not just Truckers feeling the brunt of it all .
Hmmmmmmmmm, seems a bit harsh, does she intend to stay tho
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hmmmmmmmmm, seems a bit harsh, does she intend to stay tho

Well it was supposed to be a long research trip , she already applied for jobs and got favourable responses , she loves it out here but as a lot of friends she would miss in the UK . If things had gone well out here and she found a company to sponsor her then she would have stayed. But I suppose we will never find out now.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

karen31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nice

Wow this thread has been going forever!!

Me and my family are all british, we went through an immigration company to get started on getting out to Alberta. We applied in Nov 2008 in feb 2009 my OH got his work contract, LMO and we flew in mar 2009 and got his WP at the airport on landing. things were great the first year sailed by life was great (we were told no problems with the paperwork everything was in order to get us through the AINP to PR) we adopted a dog and two cats my son was loving school (6 at the time) life was great for all of us, my OH loved the trucking experiance too, then in march this year (2011) we had a letter to say our application had been refused we found out they reject my OH on the grounds he had no secondary qualifications, never mind the 24 years experiance he had or the fact he ran his own transport business in the UK for over 5 years!!! we were heart broken, the only way we could stay was for him to re-take his exams pass and then start the process all over! they wanted 5 passes and without the guarantee he would pass we cut our losses and left. We made sure our pets went to a good shelter and they email me regularly to let me know how they are, my son is really sad Canada is all he knew and me I feel sick. why were we even let in if they required 5 GCSE passes?? they dont mention this anywhere!! I'm still fighting the federal government they shouldn't put anyone through this especially those with young children, we had to give up everything, our home, pets, jobs, friends and try and raise enough money to start over in England again. Canada still holds all our certificates etc, and we cant seem to get hold of anyone to get them back. Its been 4 months since we have been back here in the uk and we've never been so unhappy, Canada let us down BIG time and have basically ripped our lives out from under our feet!

Canada is a beautiful country but their rules they seem to make up as they go along. Truckers beware make sure you have 5 GCSE's or more or you two could end up like us, my passes didn't count only goes for the main applicant - the truck driver
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

First of all I'm really sorry how things have turned out for you , Especially as you loved the place.
They do seem to have made things a lot harder for people getting nomination lately as this thread as indicated and I'm not sure why either .
Its certainly news to me that you have to have 5 GCSE's to get nomination , I know some who have trouble spelling their own name and got nomination

There are a few that are still waiting for nomination that I know off so I will keep you all updated on developments.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

never heard of the 5 GCE thing either, I think you may have mis under stood some thing or missed some part of the aplication. As far as i can remember it only asks how many years at school ??? And who told you your paperwork was good ?? And if your hubby was refused what was with your application was that also refused ?? So why did you just up and leave. Alot of this doesnt make sense to me.

Last edited by Gremmie; Sep 2nd 2011 at 4:46 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=708656

sorry to hear that.
You really should have stayed and at least tried the GED exam. If you didnt pass then fair enough, you would have gone back to the Uk...But just going back to the uk because you think you wont pass..
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

karen31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nicekaren31 is just really nice

I'm Hoping that my fight will pay off but it's not likely I have kept the letter stating that he needed 5 passes in order to qualify for the AINP which even now is not mentioned anywhere on the CIC website, we spent over $7,000 CAD so hopefully if anything can get some of that back

It was a reason I feel was unfair especially after living happily over there for 2 years!!!!

Apparently those rules came in after jan 2011 but this isn't known publicly and our application was put in well before this.......

Just be warned and be qualified Dont let what happened to us happen to you

.......and let the fight continue
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

The latest I have heard on this is that you need to prove that you attended and finished high school and no mention of any exam passes , School reports would have sufficed to prove this .

Do you have a link that states you need 5 GCSE'S ? I'm not sure if you mean for PR or PNP nomination either.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

never heard of the 5 GCE thing either, I think you may have mis under stood some thing or missed some part of the aplication. As far as i can remember it only asks how many years at school ??? And who told you your paperwork was good ?? And if your hubby was refused what was with your application was that also refused ?? So why did you just up and leave. Alot of this doesnt make sense to me.
Ok first we'd never heard of the GCSE thing until the letter arrived from the Alberta Provincial Government, this was then confirmed by the Federal government who walked me through what happened at length in an email by the Minister. Our paperwork was done by an immigration office who the truck company use to bring foreign drivers over and because I was the spouse on his application (Open WP mirrored his) we couldn't apply in my name unless I had worked previously for the last 6 months for an employer approved by the HRSDC which I didn't.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

The latest I have heard on this is that you need to prove that you attended and finished high school and no mention of any exam passes , School reports would have sufficed to prove this .

Do you have a link that states you need 5 GCSE'S ? I'm not sure if you mean for PR or PNP nomination either.
We were refused the AINP, there is no link to qualification passes, this is my point why it is unfair that they used this against us, our proof of schooling is still in their hands.....I know it's hard to believe if I can scan the letter in here I will this was as much a shock for us as it is for you lot and I have the letter!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.