Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future
Default Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by Gremmie
It's just like that board game Cluedo..... it was ????????????

Seeing this reminded me of a murder mystery weekend we went on. They are great fun, do they do this sort of thing in Canada?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
Seeing this reminded me of a murder mystery weekend we went on. They are great fun, do they do this sort of thing in Canada?
Try this place,its not too far from, plus you could use it to butter up Bob: Re. D O G

The Ship's Lantern Inn and Dining Rooms
17 Pleasant Street
Hillsborough, New Brunswick
E4H 3A6
Canada
[email protected]
Phone- (506) 734-3221

Or just google Murder mystery weekends in Canada
Old Nov 1st 2007, 6:07 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh you are a dipstick BT marcus asked politely to keep it secret,and you tell everyone its on one of my posts. Poor Pete d is now ploughing through all 780 posts ive written to find the name

cheers buddie
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

paulburt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
The contract of employment we have (and had before we came out to see) states all of the above very clearly.
hmm, thats very interesting because i to have a contract of employment from the same company which states none of the above
when i rang this fella to question whats paid for and whats not, i got what i thought was an odd answer, i.e we have a look at it and see if we can get you something extra on the load, like i've not heard that before in the four years as an o/d!
ok, it's all a bit vague to say the least but i'm the sort who reckons he can make anything pay as well as the next bloke, so the conversation turns to me and the other half making a trip out to see the company etc, first week of jan is agreed and we leave it at that, now i learn from the wife of an employee on a public forum that sfe arn't looking for anymore drivers at the mo! strange, no email, no phone call, just wondering at what point this fella was going to let me know? before i bought the plane tickets? no because as far as he was concerned i'd bought them by now, when we got to halifax? now that would've been a very interesting conversation! or maybe when i walked into their office having spent a grand of my hard earned? surely nobodies that brave or stupid!
for those already there i wish you all the luck in the world i really do but personally i've seen nothing whatsoever that would entice me to this particular firm.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Without attaching the contract I cant see any way of proving it to you,

Do you not think we asked the same questions as you?

We had answers to our questions otherwise we would not have come. I have also said a couple of times they are not looking for any drivers at the moment (so you did know that)

How do you know you are not included in his numbers. Did you not want to phone SF and find out?
Maybe if you had the curtosy of telling him you "would not work for this firm" he would have another space for somebody else.

You still havent answered the question of Robins other alias...........
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

as does the fact that he's chosen to post on here for the last two or three months under a different name as if he were a prospective driver, now that IS weird!
Sussed It.
Attached Thumbnails SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.-i_am_robin.jpg  
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:26 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
http://www.empiretrans.com/img60.gif http://www.empiretrans.com/img61.gif

Here's another to have a look at and argue the toss...........However EVERYTHING IS RELEVANT.

In the area regarding the above you could not buy a decent 4 bed house that we want for less than $380.000
I can appreciate what you're saying but it doesn't always hold true. The area (of the company I spoke with) has a selection of property's similar to this one; 5 beds, 2 baths, pool, etc = $230k. Those were not extreme in price but the company was paying a good rate.

Also, the figures/example that was previously quoted, made sense;

Originally Posted by Big Truck
A few figures for you:
Drive for SFE@33c/mile @ 3000miles/weekx52 weeks =$47520
Drive for H+R@42c/mile @ 3000milesx52 weeks =$60480 PLUS EXTRA'S!!!!!!!!!
Rent@PEI $750 monthx12= $9000
Rent@Lethbridge $1200 month (that much?)x12 =$14400

Now how am I working it that you would be AT LEAST $7560 better off with H+R and we still haven't counted in the total yearly extra's with H+R?!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

You still havent answered the question of Robins other alias...........
This is quite serious and needs addressing.

first week of jan is agreed and we leave it at that, now i learn from the wife of an employee on a public forum that sfe arn't looking for anymore drivers at the mo! strange, no email, no phone call, just wondering at what point this fella was going to let me know? before i bought the plane tickets?
However I CAN see your point on this matter.

I never asked again if there was any employment still available prior to leaving to visit PEI & SE last month I felt I did not need to as ALL the corrospondance and answers I recieved from Robin have been 100% honest and he is a man of his word therefore I had no reason at all not to belive him when he sent me an employment agreement and told me there was a job for me. Both parties got on well when we visited Robin got the Boss to sign my contract now waiting for my LMO which according to Robin should be through very soon.

Jobs a good un everyones happy can't wait to move....Robin never has never lied or skirted around the truth or defaulted on ANYTHING AT ALL.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

[quote=marcustandy;5498581]I can appreciate what you're saying but it doesn't always hold true. The area (of the company I spoke with) has a selection of property's similar to this one; 5 beds, 2 baths, pool, etc = $230k. Those were not extreme in price but the company was paying a good rate.quote]

Post the MLS number on here then please so can have a look,

Cheers
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:24 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Post the MLS number on here then please so can have a look,

Cheers
I'm not sure if I detect an air of 'mistrust' here . . . . . . .

However I will PM you the info.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=DAVIE_MAC

I can not honestly see why BT would want to move from NI at present to be honest with you with the amount of massive construction and regenaration going on in the Province there is a fortune to be made in the construction industry, therefore if money is so important then there is a killing to be made buy more tippers get in on more contracts earn the money then retire to Canada and the wages will not be an issue.[/QUOTE]

There maybe is a fortune to made here at this time from the building boom but its NOT running tippers I can assure you, a decent living can be made if you land it lucky that's all.
However I will admit that I'm in negotiations with "Whitemountain Quarries" at this time about putting a second artic and trailer on with them via the "contract Haulier" route but thats exactly what it is, negotiations.

I reserve the right to still consider Canada "without fear or favour" simply because there is no way I could afford the size of house in NI (detached/4or5 bedroom with a decent size garden) that I could purchase for cash in most parts of Canada !!!
Believe it or not I'm not really that worried about the actual wages paid,just that I don't want to be away for weeks at a time or working 15/16 hour days or most importantly giving my time for free.
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot for the life of me believe that a company employee would be so underhand as to pose as some one else on BE. For what possible reason???
Its beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:07 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot for the life of me believe that a company employee would be so underhand as to pose as some one else on BE. For what possible reason???
Its beyond me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know of 2 who've done it mate, neither from the company I worked for, I might add, and they now both owe me a favour, so NO!!, I'm not tellin
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by koogar
I know of 2 who've done it mate, neither from the company I worked for, I might add, and they now both owe me a favour, so NO!!, I'm not tellin
I just cant see the point/profit in it... and if it is as wide spread as you indicate i cant see me continuing to write on this forum.
has anyone mentioned this practise to the Mods?????
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:29 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

I just cant see the point/profit in it... and if it is as wide spread as you indicate i cant see me continuing to write on this forum.
has anyone mentioned this practise to the Mods?????
I'm not saying it's widespread gremmie, just that I know it's happened in the past.
Said people were saying bad things about competitors to make themselves look good.
Don't leave the forum. Work out who they are (if, indeed, there is anyone in this case) and blackmail them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.