Saskatoon Truck Driver

Old Jan 24th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Saskatoon Truck Driver

Originally Posted by koogar
Hey Dinger.
I didn't have any problems with Kindersley.
It's over 2 years since I went to Canada so some things will probably have changed. When I was there, the main problem British drivers were complaining about was not making enough money. But these same drivers often refused to run domestic if there were no USA loads available. On one occasion, I was in dispatch with another British driver and we were both told there were no USA loads for the next 4 days, but they did have some loads for Vancouver. I took one but the other driver refused saying he had come to Canada to run into the states. So I ran to Vancouver and back in 3 days and he sat in Saskatoon. I made nearly $800, he made nothing. And we still both left for Salt Lake City at the same time. And all the way down there he was complaining about not making any money. I wonder why.
I know the driver supervisor there has changed since I left. The guy who does it now is called Darren and he's a really top bloke. He was the dispatch supervisor when I was there and he helped me out a lot while I was trying to work things out in a new country. Can't say enough good things about him.
My dispatcher, along with most British drivers, was Jason. We had our little niggles at first but once we got used to each other, we got on fine. I still call them both now and then for a chat.
The guy who was in charge of the turnpikes when I was doing that, Troy, is no longer there and I don't know who does it now. You have to be there a while before they let you take the course to pull them anyway.
Connie-jo was good. Never had any problems with her and she helped me sort out my work visa extension when I messed it all up. . Laurie, her deputy, was really nice and helpful too. (I don't know if they're both still there but I haven't heard anything about them leaving).
Anyway, I've PM'd you my phone number. Anything you wanna know, give me a call and I'll try to help. Just remember the time difference

Connie-jo, Laurie and Allison are still at Siemens, If you have any questions about any of the divisions, and there are 10 of them, just give them a call. If they dont know they will find out the correct answer.

PS they def will not promise you a pot og gold or anything like it, just hard work and a fair reward for your effort