Saskatoon Truck Driver

Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future
Default Saskatoon Truck Driver

Hi

New to this truck driving forum! Just thought I would chuck myself in if I can help/advise anybody out there thinking of making the move.

Living in Saskatoon with wife and two kids (boy aged 11, girl almost 5). Been here over 3 years now no regrets but yes do miss certain things like fish & chips, English pubs, the crack that goes with being around your mates and of course family.

Worked for Yanke until I got my PR then got work with local company which is owned by Yanke so technically I have not left the group. Yanke were a very good company to work for but the job was not for me 10/11 nights away from family not for me. Was great though going to the States and seeing all the sites many happy memories. Now I work local Monday/tuesday/wednesday and do 1 overnight run to Winnipeg getting back late Friday evening early Saturday morning. Company I work for are really good to me and I am earning not much less than when I was doing Long Haul with Yanke down to the States.

Canada/ Saskatoon is not for everyone and I can understand people who don`t settle here, but to anyone out there who says it can`t work my message is YES IT CAN,,sure you will hic ups!!! along the way and doubts..etc. But when we look at the future our kids will have over here and compare it to future they would have back in the UK we are in no doubt they are in a better place over here.:

D Sod it I`m off to bed, I was`ent tired until I started to type this rant.

Goodnight everbody out there.//////

Prairie Pete.... Leeds forever..
Old Jul 17th 2008, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future
Default Re: Saskatoon Truck Driver

Wow 2 views already.. this site must be popular (with insomniacs)... Forgot to say I was reading something on aprevious thread about using agents!!!! Don`t waste of money you can do it all yourself. I`m as thick as two short planks and I/we (the wife did her bit) got through it.

Now I am going to bed ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Prairie Pete...................
Old Jul 17th 2008, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Good post Pete and at last somebody talking some sense on here
Glad its all worked out for you and as you say when times are tough you just have to look at the bigger picture (a better future for your family )
Nice to have another Leeds fan on here as well
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Default Marching on together......

Leeds fans are everywhere......we get knocked down we get up again....Championship next season for sure.........Come on Leeds...
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Did you live in Leeds in the UK ? We lived in Garforth before we moved out and I was at the last game of the season when they got relegated to the 1st Div :curse:
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

Hi Pete,

Great to hear some positive stories , My hubby currently looking for HGV work in Canada we are more than prepared for long times away , used to it now in the UK .

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by debbieeasby
Hi Pete,

Great to hear some positive stories , My hubby currently looking for HGV work in Canada we are more than prepared for long times away , used to it now in the UK .

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie
Yes get ready for long trips away anywhere from 10 to 15 and maybe sometimes 20 days away. it all depends on how are south you go and what time of year it is and so on. It can be quit hard on families sometimes
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Did you live in Leeds in the UK ? We lived in Garforth before we moved out and I was at the last game of the season when they got relegated to the 1st Div :curse:
OMG their are now 3 leeds fans on this planet.....
Just wait till Andy in NS reads this, he'll go potty
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:17 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I was potty trained many moons ago. it is great to see how the general standard of the expats has risen so dramaticaly recently.
KB33, i delivered pizza's in and around Garforth, although a Devonian, i lived in Leeds for the last 12 yrs before moving here. I moved from Devon to Leeds for the footie, hows that for a true fan?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ever deliver to Cedar Ridge ? Cos my bloody Pizza was cold

So you moved to Leeds for the football then you moved to Nova Scotia because ??
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie

Shut it you
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:20 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
I was potty trained many moons ago. it is great to see how the general standard of the expats has risen so dramaticaly recently.
KB33, i delivered pizza's in and around Garforth, although a Devonian, i lived in Leeds for the last 12 yrs before moving here. I moved from Devon to Leeds for the footie, hows that for a true fan?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:21 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Ever deliver to Cedar Ridge ? Cos my bloody Pizza was cold

So you moved to Leeds for the football then you moved to Nova Scotia because ??
After that last statement, I'd have to presume he moved to Nova Scotia for the Palm trees
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:59 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
After that last statement, I'd have to presume he moved to Nova Scotia for the Palm trees
I could have stayed in Devon for them (Torquay) Your'e only jealous because i support a proper team
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:43 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
I could have stayed in Devon for them (Torquay) Your'e only jealous because i support a proper team
Yea, you're right mate.
And I moved to Wyoming for the cosmopolitan lifestyle.

For the record, I was hoping you'd get promotion last season after that 15 point deduction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.