Saskatoon Truck Driver

Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Saskatoon Truck Driver

Originally Posted by Prairie Pete
I remember a guy called Cam at Exel but I can`t put a face to the name..its an age thing..and there were a few Micks there. I heard the old place shut down, did all the guys do well with the payouts and finding other work at other Exel sites? Or were they shafted? I used to work afters with Steve (mad dog) Mcgowan. Did steve ever get to Austrailia? Last I heard he was almost there with paper work and stuff! Not too bad over here .. wish I had the Canadian lifestyle with my old Exel job, then I would be in heaven. I know H&R, the company I work for do a lot of work for them, not sure who Hoffmans are I will have to look out for them, can`t be a big outfit?

Pete
Mc gowan split from his missus then they got back together and he is in oz now,, he was down at argos for 1 1/2 yrs on agency,,

sherburn is back open now as sainsburys, it opened in april 08 and even easier now then when it was exel,,

most of the old lads are back driving now, you remember kev whinn who talks loads of rubbish and never shuts up as he knows everything,,,lol he was on afters aswell,, old office managers like chubby zealand is back but as a driver and turver the dodgy driver trainers,,lol all as drivers

i used to do 0500 starts and finish at 1300hrs and did transport supervisor job in yard years back and an odd time come on afters with you lads if work was easy,,,
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:35 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Prairie Pete
Who did who work for???
sorry folks not been in for a while, R&J Hoffman's is the answer as mick said.but we have been busy trying to get other companies to go on the LMO and the PNP program and I tell ya its not been easy,dam canadians dont want to do the paperwork its far to much work for them BUT we have someone who is helping us on that side. we dont know whats going to happen over the next 2 months and if something dont kick in soon we will have to return back to the uk. we have put our house up for sale and if a job comes through then we can always pull it back off the market or down size as I think we should do. the guy is coming out today to take photographs ect. but Im past caring at this point, if we try to sell we stand to make some money back and return to the uk with atleast some cash if we dont sell we loose the lot. but we are fighters and we will bounce back no matter what. the LMO and PNP might not come through in time for us but, if it means it will help others then atleast they will be able to find work else where and not be in a hell hole. we have spent $150.000 in the last 6 months so for anyone coming here make sure you have loads of cash to live in Lloydminster,its a dirt track city and costs a packet to stay here. as the saying goes we live and learn and no matter how many people warn you about a company LISTEN. I did warn my OH but still he wanted to come and work and so here we are. we dont regret coming to canada its the dam companies that do the bull shitting I hate. ah husky's is calling for saucage bacon and eggs,we go there to pig out sometimes in the mornings, not bad grub as it goes and now Im in the mood for husky's
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:02 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
sorry folks not been in for a while, R&J Hoffman's is the answer as mick said.but we have been busy trying to get other companies to go on the LMO and the PNP program and I tell ya its not been easy,dam canadians dont want to do the paperwork its far to much work for them BUT we have someone who is helping us on that side. we dont know whats going to happen over the next 2 months and if something dont kick in soon we will have to return back to the uk. we have put our house up for sale and if a job comes through then we can always pull it back off the market or down size as I think we should do. the guy is coming out today to take photographs ect. but Im past caring at this point, if we try to sell we stand to make some money back and return to the uk with atleast some cash if we dont sell we loose the lot. but we are fighters and we will bounce back no matter what. the LMO and PNP might not come through in time for us but, if it means it will help others then atleast they will be able to find work else where and not be in a hell hole. we have spent $150.000 in the last 6 months so for anyone coming here make sure you have loads of cash to live in Lloydminster,its a dirt track city and costs a packet to stay here. as the saying goes we live and learn and no matter how many people warn you about a company LISTEN. I did warn my OH but still he wanted to come and work and so here we are. we dont regret coming to canada its the dam companies that do the bull shitting I hate. ah husky's is calling for saucage bacon and eggs,we go there to pig out sometimes in the mornings, not bad grub as it goes and now Im in the mood for husky's
Hi Kate.
Kindersley have a little terminal in Lloydminster. It's almost opposite the greyhound terminal. I used to pull turnpikes from there to Edmonton & back last year. It's only a very small place but they have the LMO/PNP thing and he could probably be based at Edmonton or Stoon terminal and run a Saskatoon or Edmonton trailer into Lloyd when it's time to go home. The terminal is run by a guy called Ron and his wife. Nice people.
Just a thought. Good luck.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 3:46 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi Kate.
Kindersley have a little terminal in Lloydminster. It's almost opposite the greyhound terminal. I used to pull turnpikes from there to Edmonton & back last year. It's only a very small place but they have the LMO/PNP thing and he could probably be based at Edmonton or Stoon terminal and run a Saskatoon or Edmonton trailer into Lloyd when it's time to go home. The terminal is run by a guy called Ron and his wife. Nice people.
Just a thought. Good luck.
thank you koogar I will let OH know,he and another guy have tried just about everything here in Lloyd yip there are more here in the same boat so any help at all is gratfully recived, we are stuck trying to sell as we cant afford to pay a mortgage and rent at the same time.so the closer to Lloyd the better thank you for that
Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future

Surprised Roy is still alive,,always looked to me like he was on the verge of a heart attack, he used to get so stressed and worked up about the job when he moved into the office. His face used to match the colour of his red managers fleece at the end of his shift. Good old topsy Turvey I would have thought he would be a pipe and slippers man by now with the pay off he would have got from Exel. I remember Kev whinn, was`ent he the one with the Blue tooth, always yaking to himself on it?

Pete..

Originally Posted by citicat
Mc gowan split from his missus then they got back together and he is in oz now,, he was down at argos for 1 1/2 yrs on agency,,

sherburn is back open now as sainsburys, it opened in april 08 and even easier now then when it was exel,,

most of the old lads are back driving now, you remember kev whinn who talks loads of rubbish and never shuts up as he knows everything,,,lol he was on afters aswell,, old office managers like chubby zealand is back but as a driver and turver the dodgy driver trainers,,lol all as drivers

i used to do 0500 starts and finish at 1300hrs and did transport supervisor job in yard years back and an odd time come on afters with you lads if work was easy,,,
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Prairie Pete
Thanks for the info at the start here. How did you like the Company at first? I have been looking at the same kinda job think my wife will be ok with the separation shes as tough as old boots! I have been to Alberta, Edmonton, Calgary, Lethbridge and Med Hat a few times but never ventured over to the East. I am keen to hear any tips good and bad points you or the family have!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future

anything specific you want to know about???

PP..
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Whats it like in Saskatoon, winter is putting my wife off slightly, but it is warm in the summer? Also what is the place itself like
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinger24
Whats it like in Saskatoon, winter is putting my wife off slightly, but it is warm in the summer? Also what is the place itself like
Winter is cold there is no way you can deny that. You don`t get has much snow as you do in the East or West but yes it does get cold. Having said that life goes on, you just have to dress accordingly. You can still go out for walks,ski, or ice skate outside if your into that. You will get a couple of weeks when it does get really cold and then you have to stay indoors. Overall the winters are not a problem. I much prefer the winters here to back in the UK.

Saskatoon for me is just the right size. Not too big not too small. It has everything you would expect of a big city, but yet it is not too big to not be able to get around without too much hassle. Problem is with saskatoon is that it is in the middle of nowhere. I call it the city that fell out of the sky. Makes it harder to get back to UK as the so called international airport we have does not fly there. Apart from that and the way people drive around here we like it.

PP
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks
I am strongly leaning towards this area, I am curious to what the housing market is like? I have a mortgage already in the UK but will have some cash when we move (if all goes according to plan) What areas should we avoid etc
Dinger
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I am strongly leaning towards this area, I am curious to what the housing market is like? I have a mortgage already in the UK but will have some cash when we move (if all goes according to plan) What areas should we avoid etc
Dinger
All of Saskatchewan
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:31 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Dinger
A lot of british drivers seem to like Warman.
Or at least they did when I was up there.
Avoid Manitoba at all costs. Especially anywhere between Winnipeg & the US border.
GREMMIE LIVES THERE
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Right so if he moves it will be alright or is it crap their and he is making it crapper

Last edited by dinger24; Sep 23rd 2008 at 11:51 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Hey Koogs I see from your blog that you're nearly a fuel tanker driver .. Welcome to the club I myself have been doing the same job for 16 years now , And I know a few lads who work for Flying J in Calgary, Sounds like a good outfit. Gets a bit cold though waiting for 54000 liters to disappear down a hole in -25

Oh and when joining two 4 inch hoses together when it comes to get them apart again, be very careful as when they finally do separate one end can smack you in the gob and knock 2 front teeth out

Don't ask me how I know this

Last edited by kb33; Sep 23rd 2008 at 11:58 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 12:40 am
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by kb33
Hey Koogs I see from your blog that you're nearly a fuel tanker driver .. Welcome to the club I myself have been doing the same job for 16 years now , And I know a few lads who work for Flying J in Calgary, Sounds like a good outfit. Gets a bit cold though waiting for 54000 liters to disappear down a hole in -25

Oh and when joining two 4 inch hoses together when it comes to get them apart again, be very careful as when they finally do separate one end can smack you in the gob and knock 2 front teeth out

Don't ask me how I know this
Hey KB.
Yea, got one of my loading rack cards today. Only 4 more to go. Hopefully should have them all by the end of the week.
We only carry 7500 gallons of diesel or 8800 gallons of gas. 54000 liters sound a lot. You pulling a train for that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.