Saskatoon Truck Driver

Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future
Default Re: Saskatoon Truck Driver

Originally Posted by kb33
Did you live in Leeds in the UK ? We lived in Garforth before we moved out and I was at the last game of the season when they got relegated to the 1st Div :curse:
If my memory serves me well I was sitting in the Yanke drivers lounge in Saskatoon following the match on the web the day the mighty whites fell out of the prem into the championship.. .. can`t remember which team it was that put the final nail in the coffin "so to speak"...was it Middlesbrough??

Came out here January 2005. It was so cold they would not let me off the plane for my own safety coz I was not dressed apropriatley... it was -40. No I was not wearing shorts and tee shirt. I thought it was going to be cold but boy did I get a shock....

Lived in Rothwell before I came out here. Worked for exel at the somerfield Sherburn site.... Boy was that easy money .... happy days.

Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Prairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant futurePrairie Pete has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by debbieeasby
Hi Pete,

Great to hear some positive stories , My hubby currently looking for HGV work in Canada we are more than prepared for long times away , used to it now in the UK .

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Debbie
My advice to you would be don`t come blind.. By that I mean come out and visit the place first. Check out the area B4 coming this place is not for everyone!! I/we love it here but it just does not click with some folk!! Very expensive if you relocate over here and don`t like it then have to move back as many have found out.

Prairie Pete...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:49 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

can`t remember which team it was that put the final nail in the coffin "so to speak"...was it Middlesbrough??

Definately Bolton, we lost 3-1 or 4-1 after taking the lead........iirc

ftr, i moved around a lot while i was in the Leeds area but spent 8 yrs in Yeadon

Last edited by andy_sheila; Jul 20th 2008 at 5:51 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:35 pm
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Prairie Pete
My advice to you would be don`t come blind.. By that I mean come out and visit the place first. Check out the area B4 coming this place is not for everyone!! I/we love it here but it just does not click with some folk!! Very expensive if you relocate over here and don`t like it then have to move back as many have found out.

Prairie Pete...
yeah as we have found out,we love canada,but always been on the Ontario side when we came.here in Lloydminster boy is it expensiveand it dont help when the company your OH worked for is not paying the wages he was told,well not unless you work 24/7.now we are putting up our house for sale to down size,we are not giving up on staying here in canada just yet as there are jobs out there and its just finding ones on this dam LMO crap.Oh has had 10 job offers but none are on this bloody LMO so he cant take the jobs:curse:my OH has 2 companies to go to today so Im praying something comes out of one of them,if not then its further a field we have to go looking.we stand to loose just about every penny we have if work dont come soon and that means starting all over again in the UK.things would not be as bad if the stupid goverment stopped this LMO crap and allowed people to work without this LMO.companies are screaming for drivers here and yet my OH cant work for any of these companies.we would not have to sell up and we could have a good life here if it was not for this dam LMO bull
Old Jul 27th 2008, 9:59 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
yeah as we have found out,we love canada,but always been on the Ontario side when we came.here in Lloydminster boy is it expensiveand it dont help when the company your OH worked for is not paying the wages he was told,well not unless you work 24/7.now we are putting up our house for sale to down size,we are not giving up on staying here in canada just yet as there are jobs out there and its just finding ones on this dam LMO crap.Oh has had 10 job offers but none are on this bloody LMO so he cant take the jobs:curse:my OH has 2 companies to go to today so Im praying something comes out of one of them,if not then its further a field we have to go looking.we stand to loose just about every penny we have if work dont come soon and that means starting all over again in the UK.things would not be as bad if the stupid goverment stopped this LMO crap and allowed people to work without this LMO.companies are screaming for drivers here and yet my OH cant work for any of these companies.we would not have to sell up and we could have a good life here if it was not for this dam LMO bull

Kate I'm sorry things are not working out well for you but hang in there it has to get better.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate white
And who did he work for ???
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

Who did who work for???

Originally Posted by Gremmie
And who did he work for ???
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Sorry been a long day...just put my brain into gear.....you r refering to previous thread....

Who did who work for???
Old Jul 28th 2008, 4:32 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry been a long day...just put my brain into gear.....you r refering to previous thread....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

OMG you are in a bad way.. was refering to the previous POST not THREAD
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Your hand is to go on the gear stick not full-time on ya head
Old Aug 13th 2008, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Who did who work for???

RJHOFFMANS the company that made admin remove all posts on how bad they treat their drivers,,,,

I walked out just before xmas from hoffmans due to them not paying the wage ,,

prarie pete i know you i was down at kwikies/somerfeild aswell for 8 yrs,, me and cam went to hoffmans and h&r,,,

mick
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future

hi prairie pete, we are moving to edmonton in oct on petrol job, any info/ advice would be welcome me an wifey an boys 17 / 12, kim is fitness instructer, i will be on 4 on 4 off so not to many nights out

thanks everyone for past & future advice

chris an kim
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Your wife is a fitness instructor!!!! Lucky you. Who are you going to be working with??? Your kids will love West Edmonton Mall esp the indoor water Park ..go down the big red slide but hold on to your shorts at the bottom, I almost lost mine. Big City Edmonton!! were abouts are you going to live? in the City or on the outskirts? My wife likes Edmonton cos it has an Ikea store. We have only been there for visits so don`t really know too much about the place except its big compared to Saskatoon. Closer to the Rockies than what we are and you have the advantage of having a proper airport.

Pete.....

Originally Posted by chris kim
hi prairie pete, we are moving to edmonton in oct on petrol job, any info/ advice would be welcome me an wifey an boys 17 / 12, kim is fitness instructer, i will be on 4 on 4 off so not to many nights out

thanks everyone for past & future advice

chris an kim
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

I remember a guy called Cam at Exel but I can`t put a face to the name..its an age thing..and there were a few Micks there. I heard the old place shut down, did all the guys do well with the payouts and finding other work at other Exel sites? Or were they shafted? I used to work afters with Steve (mad dog) Mcgowan. Did steve ever get to Austrailia? Last I heard he was almost there with paper work and stuff! Not too bad over here .. wish I had the Canadian lifestyle with my old Exel job, then I would be in heaven. I know H&R, the company I work for do a lot of work for them, not sure who Hoffmans are I will have to look out for them, can`t be a big outfit?

Pete

Originally Posted by citicat
RJHOFFMANS the company that made admin remove all posts on how bad they treat their drivers,,,,

I walked out just before xmas from hoffmans due to them not paying the wage ,,

prarie pete i know you i was down at kwikies/somerfeild aswell for 8 yrs,, me and cam went to hoffmans and h&r,,,

mick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.