Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Rumour of driver sponsorship oz...is it true?

Rumour of driver sponsorship oz...is it true?

Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: Rumour of driver sponsorship oz...is it true?

Originally Posted by PossumTracy
Hi - can you confirm about this visa?? and if possible can you give us details of which agent to use....

cheers
Read my latest posting - oh agent - what you offering???? Money that is
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

websters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the roughwebsters is a jewel in the rough

Hi All

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything yet about sponsorship for drivers??

Cheers

The Websters
Old Mar 20th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by websters
Hi All

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything yet about sponsorship for drivers??

Cheers

The Websters
If you was to read this whole post you will see that the Australian Govt has to vote on it.

Govt do not sit every day in Australia there is toooooooo much sunshine
Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
If you was to read this whole post you will see that the Australian Govt has to vote on it.

Govt do not sit every day in Australia there is toooooooo much sunshine

No Bigwheels I'm sure we're all aware of that!

But just a bit of info keeps us all going

somebody must know a rough timescale?????

We're begining to send off c.v's now to various places but untill be know whether it's worthwhile we're feeling a bit defeated!

Fingers crossed we'll know something soon................
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stumpysean
No Bigwheels I'm sure we're all aware of that!

But just a bit of info keeps us all going

somebody must know a rough timescale?????

We're begining to send off c.v's now to various places but untill be know whether it's worthwhile we're feeling a bit defeated!

Fingers crossed we'll know something soon................
All I was refering to is that unlike UK, sitting of Govt in Australia is different.

Then if the (House) passes a Bill, it then has to go to the (Senate) for voting.

They just had a sitting, here is the list - I will give you a link, if you care to spend time to time looking at what is being Voted on you may then get a time-line - however, unlike UK the Aussies do take their time, all depends on how urgent a member wants this to go to the house for voting.....

Hint - Take up a petition with UK driver who want to relocate and email it to any member of the Aust Govt - thats the only way to speed things up....

Parliamentary sittings—2008

1 January – New Year's Day (Public Holiday)
2 to 25 January – Non sitting days
28 January – Australia Day (Public Holiday)
29 January to 11 February – Non sitting days
Autumn session
12 to 14 February – Both Chambers sit, Senate 2/3 Cut Off on Wednesday 13 February
15 February – Non sitting day
18 to 22 February – House of Representatives sits Monday to Friday, Senate Additional Estimates Monday to Thursday
25 February to 7 March – Non sitting days
10 March – Canberra Day (Public Holiday)
11 to 14 March – House of Representatives sits Tuesday to Friday, Senate Tuesday to Thursday
17 to 20 March – Both Chambers sit, Senate 2/3 Cut Off on Tuesday 18 February
21 March – Good Friday (Public Holiday)
24 March – Easter Monday (Public Holiday)
25 March to 24 April – Non sitting days
25 April – ANZAC day (Public Holiday)
28 April to 12 May – Non sitting days
Winter (Budget) session
13 May – Budget, Both Chambers sit
14 to 15 May – Both Chambers sit, Senate 2/3 Cut Off Wednesday 14 May
16 May – Only House of Representatives sits
19 to 23 May – Non sitting days
26 to 30 May – Only House of Representatives sits, Senate Budget Estimates Monday to Thursday
2 to 6 June – Only House of Representatives sits, Senate Budget Estimates Monday to Thursday
9 June – Queen's birthday (Public Holiday)
10 to 13 June – Non sitting days
16 to 20 June – House of Representatives sits Monday to Friday, Senate Monday to Thursday
23 to 26 June – Both Chambers sit Senate 2/3 Cut Off on Tuesday 24 June
27 June to 25 August – Non sitting days
Spring session
26 to 29 August – House of Representatives sits Tuesday to Friday, Senate Tuesday to Thursday
1 to 5 September – House of Representatives sits Monday to Friday, Senate Monday to Thursday
8 to 12 September – Non sitting days
15 to 19 September – House of Representatives sits Monday to Friday, Senate Monday to Thursday
22 to 25 September – Both Chambers sit, Senate 2/3 Cut Off on Tuesday 23 September
26 September – Only House of Representatives sits
29 September to 10 October – Non sitting days
13 to 17 October – House of Representatives sits Monday to Friday, Senate Monday to Thursday
20 to 24 October – Only House of Representatives sits, Supplementary Budget Estimates Monday to Thursday
27 October to 7 November – Non sitting days
10 to 14 November – House of Representatives sits Monday to Friday, Senate Monday to Thursday
17 to 21 November – Non sitting days
24 to 27 November – Both Chambers sit, Senate 2/3 Cut Off Thursday 27 November
28 November – Only House of Representatives sits
1 to 4 December – Both Chambers sit
5 to 24 December – Non sitting days
25 December – Christmas Day
26 December – Boxing Day
27 to 31 December – Non sitting days
http://wopared.parl.net/bills/index.htm
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

rose.family is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit of a personal question BigWheels hope you've not been asked before.
I've read loads of your posts and you do seem to know your onions, after owning what you've owned out in Oz why have you chosen to settle back in UK
Just like to hear some of your pros and cons?
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rose.family
Bit of a personal question BigWheels hope you've not been asked before.
I've read loads of your posts and you do seem to know your onions, after owning what you've owned out in Oz why have you chosen to settle back in UK
Just like to hear some of your pros and cons?
Truth....

I have an 18-yrs old son, who decided to join the RAF and not stay in Australia and join the RAAF.

The other 1/2 wanted to be close to him, so as a good dad I said what the heck, lets sell up and move back there, but cant guarantee that we will reside full-time in the UK.

Now into 4th year and still here........

(On a side note- If any UK driver (Class 1 with min 5-yrs exp) wants to gain direct personal contacts to Aussie trucking Co's - If they PM me |I will assist, but only on one condition - Dont PM me if you are not genuine as my time is worth more than just a run-a-round)

Last edited by bigwheels241; Mar 22nd 2008 at 9:45 pm. Reason: added...
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Truth....

I have an 18-yrs old son, who decided to join the RAF and not stay in Australia and join the RAAF.

The other 1/2 wanted to be close to him, so as a good dad I said what the heck, lets sell up and move back there, but cant guarantee that we will reside full-time in the UK.

Now into 4th year and still here........

(On a side note- If any UK driver (Class 1 with min 5-yrs exp) wants to gain direct personal contacts to Aussie trucking Co's - If they PM me |I will assist, but only on one condition - Dont PM me if you are not genuine as my time is worth more than just a run-a-round)
Thanks for that offer, really appreciate it...................

will pm you.

Becky
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Thanks for that offer, really appreciate it...................

will pm you.

Becky
Bec, replied to PM, need more info.......
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

harveyj is an unknown quantity at this point

hi been reading through many of your threads see you know your stuff. i have replyed to anther of your threads regarding joining your profile of hgv drivers unfortunatly i am a new member so can not pm you really really interested in moving to oz could you please email me acheers
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:16 am
Just Joined

amygroom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We are really interested in moving to Oz too. My OH is a HGV driver and I am training to be a teacher. Any contacts around Brisbane/Gold Coast would be great as we have family in Pacific Pines. Any chance of sponsorship would be excellent so we don't have to wait for me to train and then get experience. Don't think I can pm though???
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have those details you both sent to my PM, just arrived back so let me take in all information I managed to gather and will PM all later next week.
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:09 am
Just Joined

tigerboi is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me state 100% from an experienced driver in australia not in the UK... there will not be any sponsorship as the labour government & us drivers wont allow it & dont want,what you are getting from me is the on road opinion,there is no driver shortage only a shortage of companies willing to pay top dollar for us top drivers,the ATA is a political lobby group for the big transport companies who want overseas drivers so they can pay the minimum wage,let me assure you this,the industry will chew you up & spit you out...tb

here is the no 1 transport website in australia,go visit & look around...see what the feeling is about overseas drivers...

http://www.ozprodrivers.com.au/home.php
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tigerboi
Let me state 100% from an experienced driver in australia not in the UK... there will not be any sponsorship as the labour government & us drivers wont allow it & dont want,what you are getting from me is the on road opinion,there is no driver shortage only a shortage of companies willing to pay top dollar for us top drivers,the ATA is a political lobby group for the big transport companies who want overseas drivers so they can pay the minimum wage,let me assure you this,the industry will chew you up & spit you out...tb

here is the no 1 transport website in australia,go visit & look around...see what the feeling is about overseas drivers...

This is from the forums of your site you poseted under the overseas drivers thread. Seems like the major problem in OZ is that the lazy Ba*****S don't even turn up for the interviews and the company owner would be only too willing to help out regarding offer of employment so unless I am looking in the wrong place whats the problem...I think I might even apply:

Dedicated1 Mon Jul 23 2007, 01:49am
Registered Member #344

trucky217 said: "I don't know about sponsorship I can't even get a job as a Heavy Rigid driver and I have had my HR License for too many years than I care to think about." It made me sad to read this, as our company ( a Bayswater based company in Victoria) has had a hard time finding anyone who wants a job! Whenever I have popped an advert in the paper , we get heaps of replies but half the time the applicants don't turn up for an interview. We need at least 2 ( possibly 3 ) full time drivers to do local work and pay a pretty reasonable wage with benefits (uniforms etc) and all we ask for is blokes who like the driving , are healthy ( lifting involved), safe, reliable and have good customer skills. While I think of it , we also need a jockey for one of our trucks, this job would really suit a young bloke who would like to learn the truck driving trade as I am sure the boss would be happy to help out with the costs of getting a license ( we've done this in the past). We are only a small company , but we pride ourselves on having a great relationship with all our drivers....I would like to think we have a pretty good team spirit with loads of communication and support for our blokes. Sorry if this post hi-jacked the OP as we can't help with the sponsorship side of things but I wrote this to offer the other side of the coin , so to speak, and if any one out there is really interested in a full time job , they can contact me on "[email protected]. au" regards to all, Dedicated1

Way to go little guy.........
Old Apr 13th 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerboi

Well you know a lot, (Blowing in the wind)

Read this quote: From Australian Government
Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Thank you for your e-mail of 12 July 2007 to the Hon Kevin Andrews MP, Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, regarding the Trucking Industry Working Group and Temporary Business (Long Stay) Subclass 457 visas. The Minister has asked me to respond on his behalf.

You state in your e-mail that you have been informed by several agencies that the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the Department), has suspended the processing of Subclass 457 visas for truck drivers. I can advise you that there has been no decision by the Department to stop processing nominations or sponsorships for the trucking industry.

The Minister has established a working group to investigate the needs of the industry in relation to the use of the Subclass 457 visa. This working group will assess the needs of the industry across a broad range of occupations - both skilled and unskilled. The group will report its finding to the Minister later this year.

Nominations lodged for positions within the industry during the period that the working group is established will be given closer scrutiny and some of these may be referred to Canberra for further assessment, however sponsors can continue to lodge sponsorships and nominations.
Drivers like you are typical, you know only of your own type, you know little of the vast exp drivers here in UK / Canada and USA have, sure there are differences, but like the past post, a lot of Aussies are full-time bludgers.

Drivers here put up with more crap that any Aussie truckie will ever endure. Who can blame any UK driver looking for greener pastures, not only for themselfs as a driver but overall conditions for their family.

The thought of a mass of UK drivers flooding the market is your bitch, well this isnt the case at all, they will still apply and move there and live and learn the local laws / rules.

It is comments like this you place 100% against all other then your own kind, just make others ill in thinking that you own the right to decide whats best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.