A quick question!

Old May 10th 2009, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Jon_of_1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A quick question!

i posted a thread on earlier in the canadian immigration part of the forum asking for help about the truck driving thing and etc, I was looking on another british expat forum about how someone could go to Canada to work for a company on City driver work with there Class 2 license ( Rigid trucks) temporary as it isn't something you can get on with the PNP program as City truck drivers aren't in need in Canada. What my question is, If i can go over to Canada as a City driver, would i be able to do my Class 1 driver training and etc, then if i can get a job doing Over the road driving would i be able to go from the temporary work visa straight on to the PNP program?? Two questions in one i know, but just something thats been on my mind for a little while, and just wondering whether it's possible. If so its a great oppertunity for me to take!!

P.S.. I'm only 15, 16 in August i'm just looking at my options and keeping them open, and asking any questions i think i need 2 be answered! Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can help
Old May 10th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: A quick question!

Yes, in theory you could. It would be a long winding road though. Gaining your class 1 in Canada, and getting an employer to take you on with no experience can be done, but they are few and far between.

There are also age restricitions for both gaining your Category C licence in the Uk, and for taking part in getting any sort of work permit and applying for any Pnp in. Like I told you on BTA, you need to be 21 to do your Class2 (C) licence and there would be no point not gaining your CE after that...

Search BUNAC if you wish to know about temp working visa's, which depending on the job you do, could result in you being able to apply for Pr status.

Last edited by CurtNIR; May 10th 2009 at 10:48 pm.
Old May 10th 2009, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Jon_of_1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Yes, in theory you could. It would be a long winding road though. Gaining your class 1 in Canada, and getting an employer to take you on with no experience can be done, but they are few and far between.

There are also age restricitions for both gaining your Category C licence in the Uk, and for taking part in getting any sort of work permit and applying for any Pnp in. Like I told you on BTA, you need to be 21 to do your Class2 (C) licence and there would be no point not gaining your CE after that...

Search BUNAC if you wish to know about temp working visa's, which depending on the job you do, could result in you being able to apply for Pr status.
Does that include with the driver cpc law coming into play this year, i was told the age is coming down to 18 this year, as the young driver scheme is getting scrapped. So i would've thought if the young driver scheme is getting scrapped then the age would be coming down for the class 2, not so sure about the C+E though not sure if thats staying the same or not.
Old May 11th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon_of_1993
Does that include with the driver cpc law coming into play this year, i was told the age is coming down to 18 this year, as the young driver scheme is getting scrapped. So i would've thought if the young driver scheme is getting scrapped then the age would be coming down for the class 2, not so sure about the C+E though not sure if thats staying the same or not.
Right now, the age is 21. You should be asking your DVLA for information if you think the law is changing, noone here will know.

CPC is something that will affect everyone who holds an LGV licence from September on, nomatter what age. PCV drivers from Sep 08 infact.
Old May 12th 2009, 8:18 am
Account Closed

ukkie is an unknown quantity at this point

If you really want to drive then save all your pocket money from now on and when your 18 go over to Holland where you can get your C+E (and the driver CPC is part of your C+E license, has been for years) when you´re 18 years and you can drive anywhere in europe( so have i and been pulled over, checked and send on my way without any problems. Only take care that when you arrive in Holland you don´t spend all your money in Amsterdams red light district or smoking funny smokes in the coffeeshop.
Old May 12th 2009, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

fedupgb is an unknown quantity at this point

Smart thinking batman .
Old May 13th 2009, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm - If your 16 now once you get your C+E (18 in Europe) you still need 2 yrs experience and at 18 there isnt many firms taking you on!
Old May 13th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

We answerd all you questions on the other forum