question about adr

Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default question about adr

does anyone know if you can transfer an adr license from england to canada? and if so is there alot of call for it and is the pay good?
any help welcome, thanks.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice
Default Re: question about adr

Originally Posted by grant r
does anyone know if you can transfer an adr license from england to canada? and if so is there alot of call for it and is the pay good?
any help welcome, thanks.
ADR, dont exsist in canada and your haz goods permit is only for the company you work for and that takes about an hour to get.allthough there is some in house training for some goods.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Although the uk ADR isn't reconized here , it looks good on the resume when applying for jobs , especially if the job involves hauling dangerous goods .
Old Mar 10th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Ok thanks for the replys
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 9:06 am
Just Joined

trickythetrucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meritor
ADR, dont exsist in canada and your haz goods permit is only for the company you work for and that takes about an hour to get.allthough there is some in house training for some goods.
I presume this is the case for Petroleum Transport too?
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by trickythetrucker
yes thats correct.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

So what would the difference be considering an ADR is required to haul petroleum
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
So what would the difference be considering an ADR is required to haul petroleum
an awful lot of difference.i dont know all the differences but some are.

ie.packages and parcels,my adr did not cover tankers,road tanks and petregs are more time at school and in house training,i thought a man of your calibur would have known that.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by meritor
an awful lot of difference.i dont know all the differences but some are.

ie.packages and parcels,my adr did not cover tankers,road tanks and petregs are more time at school and in house training,i thought a man of your calibur would have known that.
I do know that all that is required to haul petroleum is an ADR with the correct class and as already stated ADR is not recognised in Canada
Pet regs do not affect the driver only the vehicle, anything else you would like to teach me
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

To haul gas (petrol) in Canada you need :

TDG - WHIMIS - CPPI and ten supervised loads with a trainer . You also need orientation/induction courses plus passed exams at the facility you will be loading at. Plus rack tests , And watch various videos with tests at the end.

These have to be renewed every three years.

HTH
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

I do know that all that is required to haul petroleum is an ADR with the correct class and as already stated ADR is not recognised in Canada
Pet regs do not affect the driver only the vehicle, anything else you would like to teach me
well why ask a dumb question like that if you know all about it then,as i said i do not know all about it,when i 1st went on an ADR type of course it was 1979 things have changed since them days,we were using the kemler codes then and now they are all but done with.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

And this wasn't dumb
Old Apr 4th 2011, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

And this wasn't dumb
Dave,give it a rest with your antagonistic crap,FFS.
WHIMIS and TDG are renewed every 3 years,however,your loading badge obtained after successfully completing 10 supervised loads will be invalid if not used for 6 months.BTW,all tests for CPPI are open book with multiple choice answers. It's not rocket science. Orientation at the loading racks is straight forward,videos followed by a written observation exam which cannot be failed.
There you go Dave,that's why the TDG guys earn the big bucks,LOL,currently $37.50/hr plus monthly bonus,how does that compare to van work? Antagonistic,moi?
Old Apr 4th 2011, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
WHIMIS and TDG are renewed every 3 years,however,your loading badge obtained after successfully completing 10 supervised loads will be invalid if not used for 6 months.BTW,all tests for CPPI are open book with multiple choice answers. It's not rocket science. Orientation at the loading racks is straight forward,videos followed by a written observation exam which cannot be failed.
There you go Dave,that's why the TDG guys earn the big bucks,LOL,currently $37.50/hr plus monthly bonus,how does that compare to van work? Antagonistic,moi?
The original question was still dumb, if ADR is not accepted then why would it be any different for petroleum smart arse Not interested in tanker work, spent 14 years in UK doing it and it is totally crap here in comparison so doesn't interest me in the least, done a spell at Jade in Winnipeg but soon left there.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
What FTTM is saying is that each company is responsible for Haz mat training it takes half a day to complete and noone ever fails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.