Q&a-Trucking

Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Q&a-Trucking

Originally Posted by jimbloby7
so your saying that you have permanent residence, but you started and completed residence and pnp in BC and then moved to MB. I thought you had to sign a contract to say you would stay in that province, for pnp?
You can live anywhere in Canada once you have your PR
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by vickysteve
You can live anywhere in Canada once you have your PR
You might want to check with the Province that Sponsored you as with some you have an obligation (and quite rightly )to stay in the Province for 2 years after PR.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

How long you been in canada?
Did you find the canadian class 1driving test, and air brake difficult?
If you have family ie children, did they have any difficulties?
PNP, i know you have stay with the company for two years, i cant find it, but i am sure you have to stay in the province of chose all your life, do you know if that is true?:

1.. 13 months

2.. no not really

3.. yes one 14 year old daughter and yes she did struggle at first but shes loves it now although you wouldn t think so sometimes

4.. No you don't have to stay with the same company you could leave even before you got PR But you would have to start the process all over again .

5.. You don't have to stay in the same province, But you have an obligation to stay there for 2 years with some provinces
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:26 pm
50 and wanting to go back

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Post Re: Q&a-Trucking

Originally Posted by kb33
1.. 13 months

2.. no not really

3.. yes one 14 year old daughter and yes she did struggle at first but shes loves it now although you wouldn t think so sometimes

4.. No you don't have to stay with the same company you could leave even before you got PR But you would have to start the process all over again .

5.. You don't have to stay in the same province, But you have an obligation to stay there for 2 years with some provinces
Can you book a driving test before you enter Canada or do you have to have a Canadain driving licence? It appears to me that you have to wait about a month before you can get an appointment to do the test.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Can you book a driving test before you enter Canada or do you have to have a Canadain driving licence? It appears to me that you have to wait about a month before you can get an appointment to do the test.
Jim do you have a job offer in Canada ??? if so with which company
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:06 pm
50 and wanting to go back

jimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant futurejimbloby7 has a brilliant future
Post Re: Q&a-Trucking

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Jim do you have a job offer in Canada ??? if so with which company
No, ive got limited experience with class 1 hgv, and the wife wants to settle in Ontario because she has freinds across the border, however it is sinking in, slowly, that if we are going to Canada we need a job.My main job for the past 12 years was a Batcher/driver/schedular, (depot supervisor), for ready mix concrete, and i have an application as a skilled worker, (Aug 2006). But i am also a qualified joiner.I have just been given redundancy so i would like to set something up for beginning of next year. The thing is i really want to be a truck driver, i cant think of anywhere better than Canada to do it, but, i have to stop being selfish and relise i have a familly, so i am trying to find a job which will accomodate all. So far, subject to me even getting some one interested in myself, the main contenders are; Westcan, seafood express and erb (dont like the 7000 quid for willis brazolot with erb). So, now you have the jist of it, and hopefully understand why so many question. Thanks jim.

The spell checks not working. i know that not how u spell selfish but it was that or shell fish.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

No, ive got limited experience with class 1 hgv, and the wife wants to settle in Ontario because she has freinds across the border, however it is sinking in, slowly, that if we are going to Canada we need a job.My main job for the past 12 years was a Batcher/driver/schedular, (depot supervisor), for ready mix concrete, and i have an application as a skilled worker, (Aug 2006). But i am also a qualified joiner.I have just been given redundancy so i would like to set something up for beginning of next year. The thing is i really want to be a truck driver, i cant think of anywhere better than Canada to do it, but, i have to stop being selfish and relise i have a familly, so i am trying to find a job which will accomodate all. So far, subject to me even getting some one interested in myself, the main contenders are; Westcan, seafood express and erb (dont like the 7000 quid for willis brazolot with erb). So, now you have the jist of it, and hopefully understand why so many question. Thanks jim.

The spell checks not working. i know that not how u spell selfish but it was that or shell fish.
Not sure if Ontario has a PNP running yet for truckers...my advice for you would be to concentrate on ya chosen area of canada and use the web sites we,ve put up here and bombarde companies with Emails
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

the wife wants to settle in Ontario - But i am also a qualified joiner
See the following link:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/Eng...ccupations.asp

No truck Drivers on PNP qualification list at the moment but carpenters are so why not go for that.

You know you can do it
Your home every night
It's in Ontario
Prob same if not better money.

No brainer for me....

Go on you joiner qual then when you get PR try something different then if you still feel like driving.

dont like the 7000 quid for willis brazolot with erb
Absolutly not dont even think about it £7000 is a disgrace.

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Sep 23rd 2008 at 10:04 pm.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Davie Mac
I am on leave - what about you?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinger24
Davie Mac
I am on leave - what about you?
Good for you...I'm on F*****G earlies all week up at sparrows fart 0500. I had forgort there were two 5o'clocks in a day.

Do you mean on termination leave or normal PRIV.

We are supposed (believe it when I see it) to have a house viewing morrow so fingers crossed it goes well so we can start to make plans to bloody move.

I am going ahead with resettlement courses etc so when we get the green light it's all systems go.

Emmigrating seems to be like going to war 90% boredom 10% frantic action in spurts.....
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

No this is part of POTL.
I am actually going in this afternoon to see about resettlement etc and get the ball rolling again. I am struggling to catch up after they deployed me over the summer.
Today is PEI day - Just going to search through and have a look and see what its all about!
Are you still heading out there? I was actually under the impression you were moving as soon as your house was sold? or as near as?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

No this is part of POTL.
I am actually going in this afternoon to see about resettlement etc and get the ball rolling again. I am struggling to catch up after they deployed me over the summer.
Today is PEI day - Just going to search through and have a look and see what its all about!
Are you still heading out there? I was actually under the impression you were moving as soon as your house was sold? or as near as?
Yep that is the plan except there is one problem.....No F****R want to buy it.

So were gonna go down the rental route again, get a tenant in there then bugger orf.

As nothing is 100% certain regards to PR that way if things do go tits on the PR front we will have a bolt hole and rent in PEI therefore not having any house to sell if we need to move quickly THEN if we do gain PR (not tempting feight) we will look at the market then for selling as it may have picked up by then.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah its not the right time for you to sell at the moment. But it may be a blessing, I know you will have your lump sum which is a start, the pension and then the rent soyou will have a steady income of sorts allowing you to work away and rent you could even sustain that situation and use the rent in the UK as a payment for a morgage in Canada?
If you dont mind what rank are you? What are you currently employed as?
Surely you are taking a step down becoming a driver again?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah its not the right time for you to sell at the moment. But it may be a blessing, I know you will have your lump sum which is a start, the pension and then the rent soyou will have a steady income of sorts allowing you to work away and rent you could even sustain that situation and use the rent in the UK as a payment for a morgage in Canada?
If you dont mind what rank are you? What are you currently employed as?
Surely you are taking a step down becoming a driver again?
Lt Col at the moment so get your eels together....

Sent ya a PM

Below is my CEQ

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Oct 20th 2008 at 10:38 am.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

LOL
I love it when those upitty Lt Col think they're one p on the General!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.