PNP Advice

Old Jul 2nd 2009, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough
Default PNP Advice

Altough i've not been on for a while,we would still love to come over and give it a whirl, very soon hopefully.
I am looking at the PNP route and it appears that I qualify on 2 fronts as I could go for trucking pnp and also family pnp as I already have family with PR in sask. It appears that if I go down the family pnp route that I can pretty much go for any job I can get, including a driving job, which is what I would be looking at, meaning I could approach any transport firm instead of the 'nominated' companies using trucking PNP. Am i right in thinking this?
I know its a pretty unique situation! What would you do?
Thanks for the advice.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: PNP Advice

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
if I go down the family pnp route that I can pretty much go for any job I can get, including a driving job, which is what I would be looking at, meaning I could approach any transport firm instead of the 'nominated' companies using trucking PNP. Am i right in thinking this?
Yeah, from quickly reading through you'd be right, as it wont rely on an employer sponsor it would be family. From the info there you dont even need a job offer if you apply via family sponsor - just the willingness to get a job and enough supporting funds to live off.

I would ask though how long it takes to go this route compared to the other though..may be exact same, just something to find out.

If it was me, with family willing to sponsor, i'd take that opportunity anyday.
It means if things go belly up with work, you're not tied into any employer for the duration of you applying for PR (cant help but look at many unhappy dirver blogs about the place)
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply bud. Yeah, after looking into, seems a no-brainer not to go down the family pnp route. We're in a fortunate position compared to alot of other families that take the plunge. I take my hat off to all of them for having the balls to give it a go. Hope to be over there sooner rather than later.
Good luck.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply bud. Yeah, after looking into, seems a no-brainer not to go down the family pnp route. We're in a fortunate position compared to alot of other families that take the plunge. I take my hat off to all of them for having the balls to give it a go. Hope to be over there sooner rather than later.
Good luck.
At the same time as you apply via family route apply for the work permit as this takes time to come and should be an open permit The aplication for PR is separate to a WP
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Gremmie, Will bear that in mind. Its great to get that sort of advice from those already out there!
Still loving it? Or are you missing the M6 car park? lol
Cheers
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:25 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Gremmie, Will bear that in mind. Its great to get that sort of advice from those already out there!
Still loving it? Or are you missing the M6 car park? lol
Cheers
Well, if you're looking for out there, Gremmie is certainly your man.
The M6 car park eh? So that toll road didn't fix the problem?
I don't think you'll find anyone over here who misses the British traffic.
Good luck with your visa.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 10:08 pm
Not So New Member

Jon Kemper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koogar
Well, if you're looking for out there, Gremmie is certainly your man.
The M6 car park eh? So that toll road didn't fix the problem?
I don't think you'll find anyone over here who misses the British traffic.
Good luck with your visa.
The toll road is a joke in all fairness. They need to drastically drop the prices to get people to use it more. Costs about £5 for a car now.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Kemper
The toll road is a joke in all fairness. They need to drastically drop the prices to get people to use it more. Costs about £5 for a car now.
I agree. Great though with a Stobarts TAG, until you hit J12 then the time you've saved evaporates!! The whole motorway network is a joke.