Oz trucking again!

Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:58 am
Just Joined

THESPIDER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oz trucking again!

Few questions I hope someone can answer.

I hold hgv class 1 and 2 uk licences, is class 2 UK equivalent to Oz HR or MR?

I dont want to drive anything bigger than (class 2 uk size) over there (queensland) would there be much chance of getting sponsered maybe doing furniture removals/multidrop deliveries etc?

Ive about 5 years experience driving class 2, will i even need to do a lesson? I think i could manage just going in straight for the test

If i need a couple of lessons know anywere cheap can get them and the test?

What do I need with me to do lessons/ book the test? Just my uk licence?

Is it worth me getting an international drivers licence?

Cheers! if anyone would be kind enough to help out, starting to fry my dish looking for answers, and there isnt too much info out there regarding driving in Oz.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice
Default Re: Oz trucking again!

you'll not get sponsored for truck driving.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

You will not get a truck driving sponsorship in OZ, the program for truck drivers was stopped, you will have to try another route.

Originally Posted by THESPIDER
Few questions I hope someone can answer.

I hold hgv class 1 and 2 uk licences, is class 2 UK equivalent to Oz HR or MR?

I dont want to drive anything bigger than (class 2 uk size) over there (queensland) would there be much chance of getting sponsered maybe doing furniture removals/multidrop deliveries etc?

Ive about 5 years experience driving class 2, will i even need to do a lesson? I think i could manage just going in straight for the test

If i need a couple of lessons know anywere cheap can get them and the test?

What do I need with me to do lessons/ book the test? Just my uk licence?

Is it worth me getting an international drivers licence?

Cheers! if anyone would be kind enough to help out, starting to fry my dish looking for answers, and there isnt too much info out there regarding driving in Oz.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

So what am I going to do!? What options have i got?

Theres no point me doing the test then
Old Mar 11th 2010, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by THESPIDER
So what am I going to do!? What options have i got?

Theres no point me doing the test then
well depends what age you are but you could try a working holiday visa i think they last a year then take it from there. but do your research!!!!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Ive already put a post up about this on the australian board but some wise guy moved it somewere!

Im going over on a whv at the end of the year (nov) hopefully will get 2 years if i do my 3 months harvest work.

This is when i intended to get my licence.

Information about it is hard to come by, and so far nobody wants to help me they just move my posts off the main forum, say no youll not get it, do your research etc.

Thats of no help to me whatsoever.

People on this forum ive noticed (mostly people that are already there) love to tell people no it wont happen, seems like there on some crazy message board power trip or something.

I thought the point in having a forum was so you could ask questions instead you just get shot down for it.

Peace
Old Mar 11th 2010, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

No help? Your questions were answered mate. You cant emigrate based on driving a rigid lorry, nomatter where you want to go in the world, and not even a artic in OZ.

Your options are entirely based on your own work experience in life and your qualifications. Nobody on a forum can tell you what to do
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
No help? Your questions were answered mate. You cant emigrate based on driving a rigid lorry, nomatter where you want to go in the world, and not even a artic in OZ.

Your options are entirely based on your own work experience in life and your qualifications. Nobody on a forum can tell you what to do
I know
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:22 am
Just Joined

Oh meant to mention ive family there can they sponser you?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Ive no idea, why dont you find out?

http://www.immi.gov.au/