Trucking Jobs

Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

loobilu will become famous soon enoughloobilu will become famous soon enough
Default PNP scheme help please

Hi.

Looking to move over to canada, thought about it for long time, starting process now hopefully. hubby in armed forces as driver for years, now out and has continued to drive hgvs on civvy street for past five years. we are both under 30. I have been looking at the pnp scheme, i would really appreciate any advice as to where we start.

Are we best to use an agent for this purpose or is it something we can do ourselves? I have looked for truck companies etc and came across midland and few others and have sent a few emails and have a cv prepared, but i dont want to ruin our chances by not applying in the correct way, its clear as mud to me at the moment. I am really sorry this is a really boring and tedious question, im just really confused! thank you

Last edited by loobilu; Jan 11th 2010 at 8:14 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 5:51 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP scheme help please

Originally Posted by loobilu
Hi.

Looking to move over to canada, thought about it for long time, starting process now hopefully. hubby in armed forces as driver for years, now out and has continued to drive hgvs on civvy street for past five years. we are both under 30. I have been looking at the pnp scheme, i would really appreciate any advice as to where we start.

Are we best to use an agent for this purpose or is it something we can do ourselves? I have looked for truck companies etc and came across midland and few others and have sent a few emails and have a cv prepared, but i dont want to ruin our chances by not applying in the correct way, its clear as mud to me at the moment. I am really sorry this is a really boring and tedious question, im just really confused! thank you
Nothing boring about it, everyone's gotta find out somehow.
It's nearly 4 years since I did it, so some things are bound to have changed, but all I did was:-
1. applied to a company for a job (I went to Kindersley in Saskatoon)
2. went over for an interview
3. they applied for an LMO for me
4. I sent the LMO to the embassy in London who sent me a work authorisation
5. moved to Canada and got my work permit/visa at the POE (Calgary airport in my case).
I'm sure someone who's done it more recently will correct anything that's changed since I did it.
Good luck
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

Hi.

if you are under 30 you can try looking at BUNAC i got a 1 year work visa and looking at getting an extension. the forms were easy enough to fill in ( even i managed) and they tell you some of the answers to put in different boxes.
im currently half way through my visa just now and loved every minute.
i came out with a job lined up to start with but i paid for all my license and training my self so i wasnt tied to any company. but alas that job didnt pan out quite so i mooved and working for a fantastic company.
any questions dont hesitate to ask
Old Mar 13th 2010, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

Hi.

My company is taking on all the time. click on my name and go to my homepage. all the details are there.