Moving to Lloydminster

Old Nov 5th 2013, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Smiley face is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Lloydminster

My LMO came through yesterday. Plan to travel next week to drive for a company called RJ Hoffman in Lloydminster. Wife and four smallies to follow after Christmas.
I see this forum is mostly just a dragnet of asks and requests. Sorry to add to the pile. But I'd apreciate any advice from people who know.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:53 pm
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Lloydminster

Good luck Pal!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Smiley face
My LMO came through yesterday. Plan to travel next week to drive for a company called RJ Hoffman in Lloydminster. Wife and four smallies to follow after Christmas.
I see this forum is mostly just a dragnet of asks and requests. Sorry to add to the pile. But I'd apreciate any advice from people who know.
Good luck, have you done a reckie to Lloydminster???
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:59 am
Just Joined

No. Went to Toronto last year but.
Anyway at $20 an hour rising to $24, I calculate it might not be worth my while going. Is that all the money can be made out there?
It kills me not to go after making such plans but I have to do what's best...
Old Nov 6th 2013, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Might be worth asking in the main Canada forums about whether that salary's enough for a family of 6 in Lloydminster? Start a thread and people will be happy to help I'm sure.

Good luck.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

spanners is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway at $20 an hour rising to $24, I calculate it might not be worth my while going. Is that all the money can be made out there?
lloydminster is quite expensive for rental properties and theres also a shortage, you would just get by on 24 bucks if you get plenty hours in, itll be tight depending how you live, we nearly didnt make it but we are over the hump now wage has gone up a bit now with red seal passed so its a bit easier now, its all about working towards the future for us but theres no fortunes to be made at 24 bucks in this town, if they feed you with plenty of hours youll be fine, we live 50 clicks south of town rents are a fair bit cheaper even with the extra gas money travelling an its a quiet drive i personally dont mind it though its not for everyone
Old Nov 7th 2013, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Troll alert , or you are seriously off your rocker !
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much for the advice Spanners. That's valuable. Yeah, don't mind a bit of a drive/commute myself either.
So I'm staying putt here for now, I've decided.
Flat to the Mat - are you calling me a troll?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:33 am
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely it would have been better to 'calculate' BEFORE you accepted their offer, right?

I'm assuming you did check the rate with them before accepting, right?

Another company becoming disillusioned with hiring foreign workers!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Haven't been on here in quite awhile as am just happy to read posts now.

Thought some of the regular guys would have posted on here by now to warn you about RJ Hoffman!!!!!!!

Ask the guys on here well BEFORE you book your tickets to Lloydminster!!!!:

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/view...36f7facd9133f1
Old Nov 7th 2013, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks very much for the advice Spanners. That's valuable. Yeah, don't mind a bit of a drive/commute myself either.
So I'm staying putt here for now, I've decided.
Flat to the Mat - are you calling me a troll?
2 days ago you were off to Lloyd to work for Hoffmans on a pathetic wage , and mentioned dragging the family over after Xmas .I could not believe what I was reading , how could anyone be so bloody stupid ? Troll was the only explanation .
Now you're staying put even though the flight was booked ? Working in the patch needs a minimum of $35/40 per hour , living costs are expensive , and certainly no place to raise little ones . Do some research next time because it sounds like you're a disaster waiting to happen .
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

As advertised in my local paper today , Hufnagel are looking for new drivers , $26 starting with OT after 8 hours , paid scheduled holidays , full health benefits paid , 14 on 7 off , new house accommodation , RRSP, company vehicle , $4000 bonus after 12 months and on going.
Still no place for a family , but do your homework or ffs stay put .
Old Nov 8th 2013, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
2 days ago you were off to Lloyd to work for Hoffmans on a pathetic wage , and mentioned dragging the family over after Xmas .I could not believe what I was reading , how could anyone be so bloody stupid ? Troll was the only explanation .
Now you're staying put even though the flight was booked ? Working in the patch needs a minimum of $35/40 per hour , living costs are expensive , and certainly no place to raise little ones . Do some research next time because it sounds like you're a disaster waiting to happen .
where do you call no place to raise little ones? lloyd?
Old Nov 8th 2013, 3:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Keep up with the game ,of course I meant Lloyd how many other places are mentioned in this thread DOH ? Who wants to raise kids in an oil town full of rig pigs ? Seen it too many times with my own eyes and it's not pretty .

Last edited by flat to the mat; Nov 8th 2013 at 3:35 am. Reason: saw dimwits post
Old Nov 9th 2013, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Keep up with the game ,of course I meant Lloyd how many other places are mentioned in this thread DOH ? Who wants to raise kids in an oil town full of rig pigs ? Seen it too many times with my own eyes and it's not pretty .
the "patch" covers quite a lot of places, just asking exactly where you meant, you live in lloyd?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.