moving back to the uk

Old May 6th 2009, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

chasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant future
Default moving back to the uk

could anyone help mo i am a class 1 uk trucker moving back to the uk very soo hoping to move to the manchester area and will be looking for work does anyone now of any companies that may be looking for drivers
Old May 6th 2009, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road
Default Re: moving back to the uk

Originally Posted by chasandange
could anyone help mo i am a class 1 uk trucker moving back to the uk very soo hoping to move to the manchester area and will be looking for work does anyone now of any companies that may be looking for drivers
hi well i would keep an eye on the job centre web site as it is a good indicator on job vacancies. but dont forget to knock on a few doors when you get back and good luck.
Old May 6th 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

A big city like manchester/liverpool/warrington etc should provide a few leads but it's not like it used to be where you finished with one outfit and went round the corner the next day to the next driving job. Decent driving jobs are becoming very scarce at the moment. Just knock on as many doors as you can.
Good luck
Old May 7th 2009, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Just being nosey,but why are you returning, as last year when you found out you wernt getting PR in NZ, Canada was your next choice. Seems to me you are leaving things to the 11th hour.

Last edited by Gremmie; May 7th 2009 at 1:52 am.
Old May 7th 2009, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

westewoo is an unknown quantity at this point

i moved from wigan 10 days ago. 20 miles from manchester and liverpool, and 12 miles from warrington. i have been driving in the uk and euroland for 16 years, and have a clean class one. i was out of work from feb this year, and could not find a driving job anywhere, and the very few jobs that were advertised were really poor money. there was a job advertised on jobcenter.gov.uk for 1 day for a class 1 adr tanker driver. 50 hour + per week for £19,000 per year, and one for wigan council driving a class 2 bin lorry for £15,000 a year.
i am also a trained hgv trailer fitter,and i used to be a shunter, driving a terberg tug in a rdc. and i could not find anything in these lines of work either. i know so many class 1 lads out of work, it makes me wonder how there is any freight moving at all.
i wish you all the luck in the world, as i think you are going to need it.
Old May 7th 2009, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

fedupgb is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont want to give bad news, but the news today was saying there are 12% less trucks on the road today than a year ago, also about 15000 drivers claiming the dole Bad times to be sure .
Old May 9th 2009, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

westewoo is an unknown quantity at this point

just had another look on jobcenterplus.gov website just out of curiosity, and there are 2 jobs advertised today within 30 miles of wigan in the northwest, and both are agancy. that is not a good sign
Old May 9th 2009, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by westewoo
just had another look on jobcenterplus.gov website just out of curiosity, and there are 2 jobs advertised today within 30 miles of wigan in the northwest, and both are agancy. that is not a good sign
that is not a good sign other options are the other job search web sites or cold calling a few companies and knocking on a few doors. and above all word of mouth is the most powerful speaking to your collegues etc might turn a lead or two.
good luck it is getting harder to find a job