Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

could you use a class 3 in the uk ?

could you use a class 3 in the uk ?

Old May 6th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default could you use a class 3 in the uk ?

Hi i was just wondering i know if i had taken a class 3(hgv) course in the uk it would not be valid in canada but what if i take a class 3 in canada would it be valid in the uk ?,in theory i think it should as it seems that canada have bigger trucks here than the uk.
Old May 6th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: could you use a class 3 in the uk ?

Whats a class 3?
Old May 6th 2009, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Whats a class 3?

Class C ??
Old May 6th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeps
Hi i was just wondering i know if i had taken a class 3(hgv) course in the uk it would not be valid in canada but what if i take a class 3 in canada would it be valid in the uk ?,in theory i think it should as it seems that canada have bigger trucks here than the uk.
Its not all about size
Old May 6th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Class C ??
Class C is the new 'Class 2'.

Maybe class 3 is C1, ie 7.5 tonne?
Old May 6th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Class C is 7.5 ton - no trailer - Old class 2
Class C + E is trailer and truck - Old Class 1
Class 3 - Upto but not exceeding 7.5 ton
Not sure but I believe I am right - Canada Licence does not mean you drive that class in the UK - You need to sit a UK test!

Last edited by dinger24; May 6th 2009 at 4:35 pm.
Old May 6th 2009, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

kingswaydriver is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but you will have to tale a UK test.I was in a similar situation when i checked with DVLA i was told i will have to re take the test in UK
Old May 6th 2009, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dinger24
Class C is 7.5 ton - no trailer - Old class 2

You mean, any rigid over 3.5 tonne, and a trailer not exceeding 750 kgs.
Old May 7th 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah something along those lines, but the point really is that the OP will need to re sit any driving exam in the UK if it was at outside of the EU.
Old May 10th 2009, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Never mind i thought i could of saved some money by taking the class 3 here then used it in the uk to,