Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Looking for truck companies in Canada

Looking for truck companies in Canada

Old Aug 25th 2008, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

twotrucker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for truck companies in Canada

Me and my husband are currently work in the UK as HGV1 drivers.We are coming out to Canada late september for interviews and to also have a good look around. We currently have contact with H&R in Lethbridge, Bison in Winnipeg and Yanke in Saskatoon. Seeing as we will be in these areas can anyone recommend any other good companies we can contact? We want to work as a team doing the long haul stuff. Thanks to anyone who can help us! LISA & GLEN.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:46 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for truck companies in Canada

There is loads in and around Winnipeg,

try here
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replying Grah!
As our time in Winnipeg is limited is there any of those companies you would recommend that specialize in team driving long haul?
Just looked at your profile....Cannot believe we've just bumped into another Pompey Fan!! Small world eh! Did you get to watch the Man U game?

Last edited by twotrucker; Aug 26th 2008 at 7:20 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

chris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant futurechris kim has a brilliant future

i watched it .. great result.............

chris....................
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Try Seimans in Saskatoon they run team and have a few English team drivers at the moment

Originally Posted by twotrucker
Me and my husband are currently work in the UK as HGV1 drivers.We are coming out to Canada late september for interviews and to also have a good look around. We currently have contact with H&R in Lethbridge, Bison in Winnipeg and Yanke in Saskatoon. Seeing as we will be in these areas can anyone recommend any other good companies we can contact? We want to work as a team doing the long haul stuff. Thanks to anyone who can help us! LISA & GLEN.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Vicky and Steve, Many thanks for your reply- will do!!
Cheers. Glen and Lisa.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:34 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

As our time in Winnipeg is limited is there any of those companies you would recommend that specialize in team driving long haul?
Just looked at your profile....Cannot believe we've just bumped into another Pompey Fan!! Small world eh! Did you get to watch the Man U game?
I did get to see the game , wife thinks 5 live games over the weekend and all the other on delay is a bit much to watch - see Setanta -- but its cheaper than going to one game in the UK so why not have a few lazy mornings.

Team driving -- I don't know but do know I once saw a profile on a husband and wife team that drove for Bison. There are lots of adverts on the side of the road I'll try to remember to look out for the team ones.

Grah

Pompey Born in st Marys so who else is there to support.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, Wot a result on saturday eh!! Dead Chuffed!!

We have interviews with Bison and Big Freight in Winnipeg later this month.

Is it best to get all suited and booted for these interviews and any other tips about certain questions to ask and what are the favorite questions they ask you? any help will be very much appreciated!! Cheers.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

if u and ya good lady wish o drive as a team,,then the pair of you are gold dust,,this much sort after animal can pretty much pick and choose where they want to work.. check out Reimer for example.
Check all the websites in the WIKI ,teams are needed all over
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

dazbobaby is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.siemenstransport.com/

Not a bad company to work for, friend did 2 years for them until he got landed status. Pay is a bit naff as they did'nt keep him busy enough to earn the big bucks. He Worked out of Edmonton.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

TruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the roughTruckersWife is a jewel in the rough

These are the companies my hubby is/has looking at:

http://www.ttktransport.com/employment.html
http://www.transx.com/txemploycdn.html

plus the ones you mention and siemens

hope these help
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Truckers wife
How is your husbad getting on with Trucking companies? I am looking myself, was a bit disappointed yesterday as Yanke said I didnt have enough experience, but that was my fault for not explaining my background correctly! They have since asked me to apply.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinger24
Truckers wife
How is your husbad getting on with Trucking companies? I am looking myself, was a bit disappointed yesterday as Yanke said I didnt have enough experience, but that was my fault for not explaining my background correctly! They have since asked me to apply.
Aber du weiss das Yankee nehme nur " TEAM" fahre fur die erste 2 jahre
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Danke!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie
Have you work for or do you know of Yankee?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.