British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Looking for truck companies in Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/looking-truck-companies-canada-557370/)

twotrucker Aug 25th 2008 7:58 pm

Looking for truck companies in Canada

Me and my husband are currently work in the UK as HGV1 drivers.We are coming out to Canada late september for interviews and to also have a good look around. We currently have contact with H&R in Lethbridge, Bison in Winnipeg and Yanke in Saskatoon. Seeing as we will be in these areas can anyone recommend any other good companies we can contact? We want to work as a team doing the long haul stuff. Thanks to anyone who can help us! LISA & GLEN.

Grah Aug 26th 2008 4:46 pm

Re: Looking for truck companies in Canada

There is loads in and around Winnipeg,

try here

twotrucker Aug 26th 2008 7:11 pm

Thanks for replying Grah!:)
As our time in Winnipeg is limited is there any of those companies you would recommend that specialize in team driving long haul?
Just looked at your profile....Cannot believe we've just bumped into another Pompey Fan!! Small world eh! Did you get to watch the Man U game?

chris kim Aug 26th 2008 9:38 pm

i watched it .. great result.............

chris....................:thumbsup:

vickysteve Aug 26th 2008 9:42 pm

Try Seimans in Saskatoon they run team and have a few English team drivers at the moment

Originally Posted by twotrucker (Post 6713984)
Me and my husband are currently work in the UK as HGV1 drivers.We are coming out to Canada late september for interviews and to also have a good look around. We currently have contact with H&R in Lethbridge, Bison in Winnipeg and Yanke in Saskatoon. Seeing as we will be in these areas can anyone recommend any other good companies we can contact? We want to work as a team doing the long haul stuff. Thanks to anyone who can help us! LISA & GLEN.

twotrucker Aug 27th 2008 5:05 pm

Vicky and Steve, Many thanks for your reply- will do!!
Cheers. Glen and Lisa.:thumbsup:

Grah Aug 31st 2008 12:34 am

Originally Posted by twotrucker (Post 6717570)
As our time in Winnipeg is limited is there any of those companies you would recommend that specialize in team driving long haul?
Just looked at your profile....Cannot believe we've just bumped into another Pompey Fan!! Small world eh! Did you get to watch the Man U game?

I did get to see the game , wife thinks 5 live games over the weekend and all the other on delay is a bit much to watch - see Setanta -- but its cheaper than going to one game in the UK so why not have a few lazy mornings.

Team driving -- I don't know but do know I once saw a profile on a husband and wife team that drove for Bison. There are lots of adverts on the side of the road I'll try to remember to look out for the team ones.

Grah

Pompey Born in st Marys so who else is there to support.

twotrucker Aug 31st 2008 7:19 pm

Hi there, Wot a result on saturday eh!! Dead Chuffed!!:D

We have interviews with Bison and Big Freight in Winnipeg later this month.

Is it best to get all suited and booted for these interviews and any other tips about certain questions to ask and what are the favorite questions they ask you? any help will be very much appreciated!! Cheers.:thumbup:

Gremmie Sep 2nd 2008 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by twotrucker (Post 6717570)

if u and ya good lady wish o drive as a team,,then the pair of you are gold dust,,this much sort after animal can pretty much pick and choose where they want to work.. check out Reimer for example.
Check all the websites in the WIKI ,teams are needed all over :thumbsup:

dazbobaby Sep 6th 2008 8:57 pm

http://www.siemenstransport.com/

Not a bad company to work for, friend did 2 years for them until he got landed status. Pay is a bit naff as they did'nt keep him busy enough to earn the big bucks. He Worked out of Edmonton.

TruckersWife Sep 7th 2008 8:37 pm

These are the companies my hubby is/has looking at:

http://www.ttktransport.com/employment.html
http://www.transx.com/txemploycdn.html

plus the ones you mention and siemens

hope these help

dinger24 Sep 17th 2008 3:33 pm

Truckers wife
How is your husbad getting on with Trucking companies? I am looking myself, was a bit disappointed yesterday as Yanke said I didnt have enough experience, but that was my fault for not explaining my background correctly! They have since asked me to apply.:cool:

Gremmie Sep 17th 2008 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by dinger24 (Post 6792942)
Truckers wife
How is your husbad getting on with Trucking companies? I am looking myself, was a bit disappointed yesterday as Yanke said I didnt have enough experience, but that was my fault for not explaining my background correctly! They have since asked me to apply.:cool:

:rofl: Aber du weiss das Yankee nehme nur " TEAM" fahre fur die erste 2 jahre:eek::eek:

dinger24 Sep 17th 2008 3:42 pm

Danke!

dinger24 Sep 17th 2008 3:56 pm

Gremmie
Have you work for or do you know of Yankee?