British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Loblaw (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/loblaw-749906/)

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 21st 2012 6:55 am

Re: Loblaw

So KB, Do you not think that it was helpful to let these poor misguided people know that the company that is recruiting them is telling them porkie pies?

They've been made aware that the wages quoted by the man himself bear little resemblance to what they've been told. Of course that was unnecessary as by their own admission they will need to work an 88hr week to get their 'promised' $1600.

Upon hearing that things may not be as promised they chose not to ask what that was based on (experience of the same BTW) Instead they went on the attack in a rather childish manner.

So you see, your holier than thou attitude is once again making you look like a tool.

Check out the 'was sk now sk' thread and you'll see that people who ask sensible questions in a polite manner get treated very well and receive the info they require.

Now go and stick that in your oatmeal...bon apetite mon ami...

kb33 Apr 21st 2012 3:01 pm

First off I'm not sure you are in a position to give out any advice , You have never worked for Loblaws , Dont even live in the same Province , Never met the recruiter or any of the drivers .
This thread started of with Loblaws applicants sharing notes , Yes there is some confusion over the pay structure , But I'm pretty sure a company like Loblaws wouldn't recruit UK drivers just to con them. Nobody is saying you're going to get rich working for them , But it is a start and without doing Longhaul and the applicants are big enough and old enough to make there own mind up without you interfering and scarmongering , After all it was your Regina based mate that promoted the job on this very site and I dont recall you telling him to take the thread down because its all a big con. And as for you actually caring wether these applicants succeed or not is the biggest joke of all.

As for you giving out advice on the other thread , Well it was me that reminded you not so long ago that you only came here to promote your blog and you never gave out any useful info , Was it your first or second post you advertised a link to your blog ?

I've said this before and I'll say it again , You and your big daft mate only come on these forums for an argument and when you dont get the respect you think you deserve , you start throwing personal insults about and the racist toilet humour was just about enough for me .;)

flat to the mat Apr 21st 2012 9:55 pm

Don't get all high and mighty KB.
The reason this thread has spiraled downhill is purely because the guys coming over think they know best,despite efforts from those here to straighten out their logic.
They wrongly believe themselves as being the "chosen ones",retorting with comments of jealousy when we attempt to open their eyes.You cannot deny the fact that anyone with a pulse can become a trolley dolly overnight ?
I do know the guys at the depot,and they are good people,they've made an offer of employment to some Brits which has been accepted,but,I doubt they showed any videos at the interview of turnpikes skating around on the ice,and as usual the bullshit has been glossed over.
I still say it's a great opportunity for the right people,just so long as they know what to expect.

cmetty41 Apr 22nd 2012 8:59 am

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 10018231)
First off I'm not sure you are in a position to give out any advice , You have never worked for Loblaws , Dont even live in the same Province , Never met the recruiter or any of the drivers .
This thread started of with Loblaws applicants sharing notes , Yes there is some confusion over the pay structure , But I'm pretty sure a company like Loblaws wouldn't recruit UK drivers just to con them. Nobody is saying you're going to get rich working for them , But it is a start and without doing Longhaul and the applicants are big enough and old enough to make there own mind up without you interfering and scarmongering , After all it was your Regina based mate that promoted the job on this very site and I dont recall you telling him to take the thread down because its all a big con. And as for you actually caring wether these applicants succeed or not is the biggest joke of all.

As for you giving out advice on the other thread , Well it was me that reminded you not so long ago that you only came here to promote your blog and you never gave out any useful info , Was it your first or second post you advertised a link to your blog ?

I've said this before and I'll say it again , You and your big daft mate only come on these forums for an argument and when you dont get the respect you think you deserve , you start throwing personal insults about and the racist toilet humour was just about enough for me .;)

Hello KB
I see you can also see the childish comments Chicken Lights and Dave lol make on here.Yes they are trying to scaremonger drivers looking for a move to Loblaws.I have been in touch with Loblaws frequently since been offered Employment and they constantly assure me working for them will be hard at times(winter),but we will be well loooked after.New trucks will be arriving shortly for the new guys and that is a FACT.there are various shifts available and I have been giving the one I asked for which is 6 0n 2 off.Running from Regina to the Peg.Probably a 12 hour shift each day which is less than I do at the moment.so 12x$23 is $276 X 60 $1656 as we get paid a minimum of $23 an Hour (FACT) I have a signed contract.That's 3 loads a week.So where the 88hrs come from I don't know.Maybe they just can't get a job at Loblaws themselves.Driving jobs in Canada are advertised all over the place,not just Loblaws,there seems to be a big shortfall of drivers there hence Loblaws come to th UK.Chicken and Dave are not much use to anyone on these forums hence we ignore there silly not worth a dime comments.But it's good too see that you can see that as well.

Big Truck Apr 22nd 2012 11:06 am

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 10019176)
Hello KB
I see you can also see the childish comments Chicken Lights and Dave lol make on here.Yes they are trying to scaremonger drivers looking for a move to Loblaws.I have been in touch with Loblaws frequently since been offered Employment and they constantly assure me working for them will be hard at times(winter),but we will be well loooked after.New trucks will be arriving shortly for the new guys and that is a FACT.there are various shifts available and I have been giving the one I asked for which is 6 0n 2 off.Running from Regina to the Peg.Probably a 12 hour shift each day which is less than I do at the moment.so 12x$23 is $276 X 60 $1656 as we get paid a minimum of $23 an Hour (FACT) I have a signed contract.That's 3 loads a week.So where the 88hrs come from I don't know.Maybe they just can't get a job at Loblaws themselves.Driving jobs in Canada are advertised all over the place,not just Loblaws,there seems to be a big shortfall of drivers there hence Loblaws come to th UK.Chicken and Dave are not much use to anyone on these forums hence we ignore there silly not worth a dime comments.But it's good too see that you can see that as well.

You do realise that 12hours driving/working for $276 or 6days for $1656 is prob up there with one of the best paid "short haul" trucking jobs in Canada?:confused:

Why then are the "local" guys not queued round the block for these Loblaw jobs?:unsure:

dave_lol66 Apr 22nd 2012 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 10019357)
You do realise that 12hours driving/working for $276 or 6days for $1656 is prob up there with one of the best paid "short haul" trucking jobs in Canada?:confused:

Why then are the "local" guys not queued round the block for these Loblaw jobs?:unsure:

And it's only 356 miles or6 hrs Regina to Winnipeg so his pocket money still doesn't add up :confused:
Never mind we are only scaremongering :rofl:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 22nd 2012 11:48 am

Err KB I think you will find that all the childishness started with dustyhowerd and your new best mate cmetty. Go back and read the thread it's there in black and white.

It was pointed out that the Loblaw recruiter had posted the wages on another forum and that they were not the same figures that were being put on here. Then they started with the silly remarks. Advice was given but if it never agreed with their views it was shot down in flames.

So kb, to paraphrase your good self, instead of the same shit, why dont you give some advice instead of whinging like a little girl about things. Cant ever remember seeing anything constructive from you, so instead of more of your shit, let these guys know the way it is from a real expert.......

cmetty41 Apr 22nd 2012 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 10019369)
And it's only 356 miles or6 hrs Regina to Winnipeg so his pocket money still doesn't add up :confused:
Never mind we are only scaremongering :rofl:

Winge Wing

One thing for sure dave wee man ur not scaremongering me trying maybe failing miserably.I am actually beginning to realise hotart ASAPw sad you really are.i have a mate over there been there for 6 years now driving a bus which he enjoys as he is home every night.I from now on will take all the good advice from him.And guess what Dave LOL he has told me to get over there and start ASAP as it is a good job with great pay.You make up all theses pay rates mileage and bad mouth other Loblaws Drivers.Can you tell me how long you worked at Loblaws mate.Oh that's right you only listen to rumours and don't have a clue what's going on at Loblaws,that my friend put's you in one of my DRIVER BRACKETS (Moan Moan Winge Winge Life's not fair,He get's more than me why can't I do that Run )go away Dave and enjoy your low paid job and leave your moans and rants to your sad wee cab you sit in all day.

bobthedog Apr 22nd 2012 12:39 pm

If you're doing 12+ hr shifts as a trolley dolly now, every single day, then you're probably 4 and 4. That's good because you are used to the rotating weeks but bad because you think 6 and 2 will be much the same.

As Dave said, Regina to Winnipeg is 6 hours. Agreed, with a pike you'll have 2 trailers to tip and probably load so the next 6 hours can probably be accounted for. That will be hard to do in 6 hours, to be honest. Pin to pin wouldn't give 12 hours so you'll probably deliver. 2 trailers to western grocers will A) really test your driving ability, B) have you pissing out straight and C) probably take 12 hours.

You do not really grasp the true nature of winter here either. If the highway is closed then it's game over. I know the sneaky routes around the most common spots that get shut down and rarely get caught out. We lowly single trailer. People can do that. Pikers can't. And winter can be way beyond hard. The job will be hard regardless.

Can you do it? I have no idea. I don't know you and, judging by your attitudes on here, I have no desire to. I suspect you would have been told to find another table were we ever on a ferry together or you'd have taken swimming lessons.

But Kevin is right, too. This kind of thread does a lot of damage to credibility, as we have seen before. Moderation should be used and it seems in short supply these days. Forums cause way too much trouble.

So I wish you all the best with the job. I hope all your dreams come true. I think you are in for a hell of a shock but that's entirely your beeswax.

Just promise this. Promise you won't join all those that say Canada is crap if it all goes wrong. Canada is an awesome place which gets a measure of bad press from some who have never been and others who thought they had a God given right to an easy life.

dave_lol66 Apr 22nd 2012 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 10019465)
Winge Wing

One thing for sure dave wee man ur not scaremongering me trying maybe failing miserably.I am actually beginning to realise hotart ASAPw sad you really are.i have a mate over there been there for 6 years now driving a bus which he enjoys as he is home every night.I from now on will take all the good advice from him.And guess what Dave LOL he has told me to get over there and start ASAP as it is a good job with great pay.You make up all theses pay rates mileage and bad mouth other Loblaws Drivers.Can you tell me how long you worked at Loblaws mate.Oh that's right you only listen to rumours and don't have a clue what's going on at Loblaws,that my friend put's you in one of my DRIVER BRACKETS (Moan Moan Winge Winge Life's not fair,He get's more than me why can't I do that Run )go away Dave and enjoy your low paid job and leave your moans and rants to your sad wee cab you sit in all day.

And all the above rant proved once again is how little research you have actually done :blink: I have been in more loblaws terminals or 3rd party warehouses than you ever will be in your short time in Canada :rofl:

mickfly Apr 22nd 2012 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 10019465)
Winge Wing

"i have a mate over there been there for 6 years now driving a bus which he enjoys as he is home every night.I from now on will take all the good advice from him"

Good idea, his (hourly paid job) must be exactly like driving doubles across the prairies for hours on end.

cmetty41 Apr 22nd 2012 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by bobthedog (Post 10019485)
If you're doing 12+ hr shifts as a trolley dolly now, every single day, then you're probably 4 and 4. That's good because you are used to the rotating weeks but bad because you think 6 and 2 will be much the same.

As Dave said, Regina to Winnipeg is 6 hours. Agreed, with a pike you'll have 2 trailers to tip and probably load so the next 6 hours can probably be accounted for. That will be hard to do in 6 hours, to be honest. Pin to pin wouldn't give 12 hours so you'll probably deliver. 2 trailers to western grocers will A) really test your driving ability, B) have you pissing out straight and C) probably take 12 hours.

You do not really grasp the true nature of winter here either. If the highway is closed then it's game over. I know the sneaky routes around the most common spots that get shut down and rarely get caught out. We lowly single trailer. People can do that. Pikers can't. And winter can be way beyond hard. The job will be hard regardless.

Can you do it? I have no idea. I don't know you and, judging by your attitudes on here, I have no desire to. I suspect you would have been told to find another table were we ever on a ferry together or you'd have taken swimming lessons.

But Kevin is right, too. This kind of thread does a lot of damage to credibility, as we have seen before. Moderation should be used and it seems in short supply these days. Forums cause way too much trouble.

So I wish you all the best with the job. I hope all your dreams come true. I think you are in for a hell of a shock but that's entirely your beeswax.

Just promise this. Promise you won't join all those that say Canada is crap if it all goes wrong. Canada is an awesome place which gets a measure of bad press from some who have never been and others who thought they had a God given right to an easy life.

Bob I do understand the winter out there all be it for a short period of 8 months in Medicine Hat,during a -25 season.And one thing I will not do is say the place is shit if all goes wrong.Like I said 8 months I spent there during my Army days and Yes you are correct Canada is a great place,and hopefully I will enjoy many years there.but you are also correct about forums,and this one seems to try and put people off,which may I add is not working.I take people at face value and I am going by what I was told at Interview and by Phone calls so hopefully it will be all good.

dave_lol66 Apr 22nd 2012 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 10019540)
Bob I do understand the winter out there all be it for a short period of 8 months in Medicine Hat,during a -25 season.And one thing I will not do is say the place is shit if all goes wrong.Like I said 8 months I spent there during my Army days and Yes you are correct Canada is a great place,and hopefully I will enjoy many years there.but you are also correct about forums,and this one seems to try and put people off,which may I add is not working.I take people at face value and I am going by what I was told at Interview and by Phone calls so hopefully it will be all good.

Well there you have it from the horses mouth. Sum total of research is from the recruiter that posted one set of figures on another forum and then emails something totally different and the advice from a bus driver that it's a good gig :thumbsup:

bobthedog Apr 22nd 2012 1:47 pm

I was never in the military so I may be way off the money here, but guard duty in a hut is way different to laying in a foot of snow wearing your own personal coveralls swinging an 8lb hammer at brakes. You will have no big green machine backing you up. I have no doubt you are capable but you are trying to tell those of us that have had frozen brakes, frozen 5th wheels, doors frozen shut, diesel waxed, sudden storms so fierce they take your breath away, and a thousand other joyous things that we know nothing.

Truth is we mostly do know. If you were to troll back on here then you'd know that I don't actually have any contact with most on here, and that was largely due to these forums. Point is, if we are saying much the same thing then there really does have to be truth to it.

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 22nd 2012 6:42 pm

And there is the main point.......THE TRUTH!!!!!!

There are a few different versions of that going around. That was the first thing you were told. You were told that so maybe you might check things out properly before you came over and found that you couldn't afford to live here.

All recruiters embellish things and even with the embellishments the job doesn't sound all that great. I'm referring to the money here, the type of work you do is your choice.

And yet you hear this, choose to ignore it and start with the childish name calling, then try to ridicule others for it whilst doing the same.......grow up FFS.

I came over here on a program that guaranteed my wages would be a minimum of $3500 a month for the first two years. I also came over when things were a hell of a lot cheaper, I left that job because I could earn more money to live more comfortably. So when I say you will struggle on the wages I actually have first hand real life experience of that.

The mention of the weather is important in what you're going to be doing, if you get on the turnpikes, they shut them down all the time, especially between Regina and Winnipeg, sure you'll get paid, you may even get full whack, but you'll be parked along a service road somewhere and stuck in your cab most likely, facilities are few and far between. There's also the fact that you will have a winter for a very large part of the year, last week I was on HWY1 heading towards Regina, it was blowing a gale and snowing to the point where it was like driving in fog, it's nearly the end of April and I saw the first snow last October and this past winter has been very mild.

Mention of drivers nationality is important, dustyhowerd has said, the poles have ruined the job in the UK, well that's not strictly true, but it has elements of truth in it, the same can be said of the Indian drivers, the overwhelming majority of them are terrible drivers, in some cases they are downright dangerous, anyone who has seen them in action through Northern Ontario or BC will have no argument with that. Their customs, like shitting through holes in cab floors and washing their feet in sinks do nothing to add to their popularity either, but their biggest crime is working for silly money which drags everyone elses wages down too. That is my opinion and not because I'm racist, I'm an immigrant too remember, it's because it is the way it is.

Like I said to KB33, read the thread about was SK now MB and you'll see that if you stop with the attitude you may get a different reception, if you want to carry on with internet jousting, feel free, I'll play along with you and I know Dave will too:rofl:

rsg Apr 23rd 2012 12:06 am

Well I’ve been skimming this thread for a while, found some interesting valid points raised on both sides, and done my own research/ spoke to other truckers and made my own conclusions on Loblaws and hopefully happy/ realistic about it given my personal situation to gamble, although can never be completely sure, but that can be said for all aspects of life.

I see there is a long standing mate system here but I thought CLAC’s last post really took the biscuit when he’s being soo keen to draw any form of negatives all the time, it’s like an anger somehow.

Don’t get me wrong it’s always a bit entertaining to throw banter around (were truckers after all!) but I think it has gone a bit too far in parts with you guys , remember, people are motivating themselves for the biggest move of their lives and are bound to be tetchy say heat of the moment stuff. I didn’t agree with what they said mind and instantly could see it would wind everyone up. But equally I always cut some slack to military guys (have few mates in there/ + ex veterans and we owe them a lot in my book regardless)

When you guys started to get too silly, I though what motivates you to behave like that and why? Are you guys really such good Samaritans to “care” about other drivers moving over, maybe, but if so you must have no spare time from all the other good charity work you must do when you are off…end of the day you should be offering to give advice if asked not deciding to suddenly run their lives!

Or, could it be you like to feel just a bit more important over someone else, that could be deduced from all the blogs/ magazine interviews/ radio shows/ magazines columns…then who knows what’s next.

Or, which I sadly actually think (and seen it before) that Some guys think they can take Long distance in their stride but it’s more than just driving, some guys heads start to go through loneliness/ mulling things over like a washing machine too much/ blowing things out of context….then maybe sadly feel a need to troll incessantly as a release for example. If so, you should consider cutting loose from the computer for a bit I think.

Token evidence of this is that your points are sometimes flawed, - you have said not one positive as yet about Regina/ the job/ the company/ the weather/ the people/ in fact Canada itself to even pretend to balance things out. On your information, I’d be safer or happier in Afghan!! But more like it, staying in the UK (briefly seen your other threads talking about immigration and it not bettering your situation) I agree I guess, coming from the North West of UK, I’m well aware of the detriments excessive immigration brings ironically.

You also slagged off V8 drivers (I’ve been one + heard it all before mind, in most cases an underlying issue brings that on) yet unusually you drive a nice old truck (I admire) that’s more blinged up than tart’s boudoir (I still like it) and also have a contradictory avatar !?!.

The weather thing well, safety’s a serious issue and a fool does not heed danger, but I’d never have done alpine driving if I ‘d let fear rule me, I’d have never driven an hanging garments trailer or wagon and drag cause they wiggle or a 16ft decker cause they blow over, or a twin splitter cause of the false neutrals etc etc…the good guys I ‘ve known give tips on HOW to do it not to prevent me (I’d did the same in return too) and let’s be honest kids practically fresh from school on telly drive the dangerous ICE roads in all it’s TV drama, (equally, I’m not saying that I'm stupid to think that doesnt require hard work either) All these new Loblaw’s guys should know themselves if they are capable/ experienced/ confident to decide when to continue or stop in bad weather/ look at the demographics of the place etc In regards to the job, if the stakes are way too high to gamble, don’t step to the table I guess.

To finish my soap box moment and then doing more important things with my life before getting hit with a hail of verbal bullets no doubt, I still respect/ admire your Canadian experience but let’s keep it credible/ worthwhile, maybe offering one potential positive about moving to Canada in general for a start.

kb33 Apr 23rd 2012 12:40 am

Yes there are some real drama queens around here , It ain't rocket science to move to Canada to drive a truck , Some people seem to think so , If i can do it, anyone can , And I was pulling Super B's loaded with fuel over the Mountains within 2 weeks of passing my test , Plus I had the CPPI TDG WHIMIS Rack Tests to do on top of the other stuff , Not hard , But it was extra .

Its a shame about the clicky mates thing on here as well , I've said it for a few years and it does cloud peoples judgement and you never get the true story because they all want to agree with each other . And god forbid if you actually disagree with them , That's when the name calling starts.

Im not sure why the Loblaws job is such a big deal either , You'll get the same problems in that job as any other , I wont say it will easy , it wont , But it will be a challenge and you will defiantly be out of your comfort zone now and again.

And I'm pretty sure no one on this thread ever drove a Truck in Canada until they actually moved out here , So we have all started at the beginning with no experience.

But I mustn't forget CLAC as helped someone out on another thread out of his 100 posts on here , So it can't be all that bad :rofl:

And I did put a stop to the childish racist pathetic name calling a few pages ago which I thought was bringing the names of us all down into the gutter.

Now I suppose I will get another lecture for telling a few home truths , But at least I can get my point across without name calling . But they just deny that as well ;)

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 23rd 2012 7:09 am

RSG, you make some interesting points, but your post also shows that you're guilty of some of the things you accuse people, specifically me of, namely you jump to a conclusion of my opinion of V8 drivers, well you clearly don't get me, I love a V8, both my cars have one and I've owned two IVECO and one Scania V8 and as much as I like my Peterbilt, I would swap for a 143 450 with a decent sized bunk tomorrow.....and take a couple of cent a mile pay cut too:rofl:

Yes we are a bit cliquey, but then Dave and I are very good friends, as is usually the case, as friends we think the same way, that's why we are friends in the first place:eek:

This whole thing disintegrated into what it has become because we mentioned that the wages on offer were quoted as being much lower by the recruiter himself, I cut and pasted his post on another forum onto here. This was done to make the guys interested in the job hopefully do a little more research, but instead we got abuse, which we of course returned, like you say we are drivers and banter is all part of that. I've been called turkey and whatever else, it makes me smile and I don't hold any bad feeling towards the offenders, it's just a bit of internet shenanigans at the end of the day.

Even KB33, who although he won't admit it, is just as bad, as soon as a post by Dave comes up, he's like a rat up a drainpipe, straight on here and never with a good word to say.

The slagging off of Regina is an ongoing thing between FTTM and the Manitoba Mafia as KB likes to call us, it's all good fun really, although easily misinterpreted, so don't read too much into that.

With regard to the job itself, I can only assume that it will be like most of the others that cannot get staff locally, in that it ain't a very good job and that's the point of this, letting the guys know that things may not live up to their expectations, this moving to Canada to drive a truck isn't hard as KB says, I mean let's face it, you don't need a lot of brains to be a lorry driver anywhere in the world, KB being living proof of that (see what I did there, can't help myself:rofl:)

We all love it in Canada, that's why we are still here, the move over here is a lot harder than it would be to go back, but we did have to go through some tough times to reach this point and it doesn't hurt to let people know that it is a hard slog at times.

So even if you disagree with every word I write, at least you get to see another point of view, this way you can have a balanced view of things:thumbup:

rsg Apr 23rd 2012 12:52 pm

Well CLAC,

I can now hear you loud and clear Driver;)

I admire your open, straight honesty, big thing that in my book. I reckon you guys are alright after all :lol:

As to KB, I have a lot of respect for the guy, especially considering he hauls Super B tankers and also manages to act as the referee to keep you guys in check, it is very impressive to say the least:D

I guess my mind set with the Loblaws job is this;

- to be prepared for a plan B should it severely fail, but not dwell too much on that happening.

- visualise and focus on it being very successful, a good result and meeting realistic, achievable expectations

- work damned hard and hope that somewhere in the middle of the two is what will be achieved. :fingerscrossed:

I further respect anyone who's been a lucky member of the exclusive Scania V8 collective (the growler... I can hear it now, those were the days!):thumbup:

Just a small word of advice from the street though, I'd seriously consider deleting the Ivecos from your trophy cabinet (even if they had jet engines fitted) It's a bit like stating you once knocked off Vanessa Phelps or something, not a proud moment when you actually think about it :rofl:

Although, we have all had shaky moments (I had her sister) an old Renault Turboliner, I had to keep a box for the bits that fell off from time to time but although she was a bit rough to look at, she was a real goer/ flyer on the flat,... now there’s a thought...how would I get hold of Phelps is number I wonder :lol:

Anyhow thanks again for the honest heads up, and keep on the straight and narrows:thumbup:

kb33 Apr 24th 2012 12:03 am

Well to put the record straight , As of last winter i dont drive Super B's anymore , Funnily enough the last one I drove was Black 379 Peterbilt , Good looking beast (in some people eyes , not mine ) with twin 8 inch stacks , I never liked it , It had the ergonomics of a WW2 Lancaster bomber , A bunk like the black hole of Calcutta , The suspension straight from a John Deer tractor and even with a C15 I would come off the scales in Edmonton at 63T and it wouldn't pull top gear on the flat . (gearing problem )

I once sat there and decided to count all the dials on the dash , Well I think I got to 28 , It was noisy ,uncomfortable and very tiring to drive , So yeah you can have the fancy American trucks and I really hope I never have to pull a set of Super B's again , Especially in winter. But thanks for the kind words :thumbsup:

And I would get very worried about two friends who never argued or disagreed , It just aint natural In fact there could be some Brokeback Mountain stuff going there . ;)

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 24th 2012 2:02 am

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 10021942)

And I would get very worried about two friends who never argued or disagreed , It just aint natural In fact there could be some Brokeback Mountain stuff going there . ;)

The trouble with that is Dave and I are both givers, we need a taker, seeing as how you don't like Peterbilts you must be a bit girly, so maybe we don't need to look any further:rofl::rofl::rofl:

kb33 Apr 24th 2012 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10022034)
The trouble with that is Dave and I are both givers, we need a taker, seeing as how you don't like Peterbilts you must be a bit girly, so maybe we don't need to look any further:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe you need to look in the Regina area , I hear theres some new blood arriving shortly :D

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 24th 2012 4:04 am

I think they're going to get enough rammed into them without me adding to their woes!

BTW I am kidding.....a bit lol

flat to the mat Apr 26th 2012 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10020537)
RSG, you make some interesting points, but your post also shows that you're guilty of some of the things you accuse people, specifically me of, namely you jump to a conclusion of my opinion of V8 drivers, well you clearly don't get me, I love a V8, both my cars have one and I've owned two IVECO and one Scania V8 and as much as I like my Peterbilt, I would swap for a 143 450 with a decent sized bunk tomorrow.....and take a couple of cent a mile pay cut too:rofl:

Yes we are a bit cliquey, but then Dave and I are very good friends, as is usually the case, as friends we think the same way, that's why we are friends in the first place:eek:

This whole thing disintegrated into what it has become because we mentioned that the wages on offer were quoted as being much lower by the recruiter himself, I cut and pasted his post on another forum onto here. This was done to make the guys interested in the job hopefully do a little more research, but instead we got abuse, which we of course returned, like you say we are drivers and banter is all part of that. I've been called turkey and whatever else, it makes me smile and I don't hold any bad feeling towards the offenders, it's just a bit of internet shenanigans at the end of the day.

Even KB33, who although he won't admit it, is just as bad, as soon as a post by Dave comes up, he's like a rat up a drainpipe, straight on here and never with a good word to say.

The slagging off of Regina(and all Saskatchewan) is an ongoing thing between FTTM and the Manitoba Mafia as KB likes to call us, it's all good fun really, although easily misinterpreted, so don't read too much into that.

With regard to the job itself, I can only assume that it will be like most of the others that cannot get staff locally, in that it ain't a very good job and that's the point of this, letting the guys know that things may not live up to their expectations, this moving to Canada to drive a truck isn't hard as KB says, I mean let's face it, you don't need a lot of brains to be a lorry driver anywhere in the world, KB being living proof of that (see what I did there, can't help myself:rofl:)

We all love it in Canada, that's why we are still here, the move over here is a lot harder than it would be to go back, but we did have to go through some tough times to reach this point and it doesn't hurt to let people know that it is a hard slog at times.

So even if you disagree with every word I write, at least you get to see another point of view, this way you can have a balanced view of things:thumbup:

Saskatchewan is THE booming Province,Rider Nation,Grey Cup 2013,less Rednecks then MB,oh and Peterbilts suck..................... Discuss :rofl:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 26th 2012 1:08 am

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10025909)
Saskatchewan is THE booming Province,Rider Nation,Grey Cup 2013,less Rednecks then MB,oh and Peterbilts suck..................... Discuss :rofl:

Peterbilts, usually I would say that they're a fantastic truck.......today however seeing as how I'm in a hotel in Salt Lake City because mine has shit itself, today I would prefer a Scammell :thumbdown:

Perfect timing too, had a weekend on the piss in Vegas with four mates, couldn't have gone wrong then, oh no, it waits until I'm on the way home, the piece of junk waits until my Sister flies into Winnipeg in three days, waits until four days before a party at my place, which will have 40-50 friends attending to wish me a happy birthday, that's the time when it decides to have an intake actuator go bad, which broke the rocker shaft, which wiped out the cam, deep joy............:frown:

When it gets fixed I will be running the new top end in properly, I aim to break all records when it comes to mpg, I will be travelling at a very high rate of fuel consumption between here and Lethbridge where I will be dropping my trailer and screaming down to Medicine Hat to load for home, so if you're on the Trans Can Friday, keep outa my way, I'm on a mission :eek:

dave_lol66 Apr 26th 2012 1:27 am

Told you not to worry about your party, your beer and food will be well looked after. I may even start on it a couple of days early since I am now home till Tuesday :rofl::rofl:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 26th 2012 1:59 am

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 10025955)
Told you not to worry about your party, your beer and food will be well looked after. I may even start on it a couple of days early since I am now home till Tuesday :rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: NOT!!!!!!!

Just hope they get it done tomorrow or I'll be a bit behind the eight ball to say the least, could be making a late and dramatic entrance with the, soon to be mighty again, Pete on the driveway, my posh neighbours will love that:p

flat to the mat Apr 26th 2012 5:07 pm

Sorry to hear about the ducknosaurs maladies mate.If you're concerned with lardy boy eating all the food may I suggest a return flight,should get change out of a grand :eek:

dave_lol66 Apr 26th 2012 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10027188)
Sorry to hear about the ducknosaurs maladies mate.If you're concerned with lardy boy eating all the food may I suggest a return flight,should get change out of a grand :eek:

Still wouldn't get him back quick enough to stop me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

flat to the mat Apr 26th 2012 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 10027264)
Still wouldn't get him back quick enough to stop me :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl:

On second thoughts,am off until Monday myself,we could both pop round and wipe out his beer supply before he limps home :thumbsup:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 26th 2012 6:58 pm

You're SOL boys, the mighty Pete is being put back together as we speak, I should be heading north again in a couple of hours, destination party time :thumbup:

dave_lol66 Apr 26th 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10027351)
You're SOL boys, the mighty Pete is being put back together as we speak, I should be heading north again in a couple of hours, destination party time :thumbup:

It may be put back together but it's a Pete with a CAT under the hood, will it get you home:confused::confused::rofl::rofl:

flat to the mat Apr 26th 2012 11:58 pm

So,does she rise like a phoenix from the ashes or does United Airlines beckon ? :rofl:

Chicken lights and chrome Apr 29th 2012 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by flat to the mat (Post 10027767)
So,does she rise like a phoenix from the ashes or does United Airlines beckon ? :rofl:

Made it home with half an hour to spare, got a good video of Dave dancing, yes you read that right, he was dancing, John Travolta has nothing to worry about though believe me:rofl:

Pete back in the shop now to sort out the cracked head, so a few days off for moi :thumbup:

flat to the mat Apr 29th 2012 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome (Post 10031867)
Made it home with half an hour to spare, got a good video of Dave dancing, yes you read that right, he was dancing, John Travolta has nothing to worry about though believe me:rofl:

Pete back in the shop now to sort out the cracked head, so a few days off for moi :thumbup:

Good on ya and Happy Birthday,hope it wasn't Dirty Dancing :eek:

weeelegs May 7th 2012 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9962651)
I had an Interview with them in March in Dublin.Got a job offer just waiting to hear back from them,they sound a good company to work for.

Her cmetty41,

Belfast boy, drove for Grafton for tesco for 9yrs 2000-2009, used to be 12ph nites and weekends. Got sick of the same old stores and banter, left around april 2010. Thinking about going back in, whats it like now?? Any news of full time jobs going? Sainsburys/DFDS are advertising, I've applied just to see what the craic is! Keep up the info on Loblaws and Canada once you are out there, I have family in Sarnia, Southern Ontario (place is full or Ulster Scots!) and have seen the opportunites and quality of life improvements compared to here.
Keep er lit!
Graeme

dave_lol66 May 25th 2012 4:51 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cmetty41 (Post 9964296)
Hey Big Truck I know I work in Tesco's been there 4 years now.Spent 12 yrs in the Army 2 of those in Batus Canada in the warm summers and the freezing -40 winters Drove al makes and models of Canadian Vehicles,apart from that I would still like to give Loblaws a try and Regina and yes the min wage they offer is $23 per hr and the rate is 53c per mile why would they lie????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

CurtNIR May 25th 2012 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by dustyhoward (Post 9969135)
Nothing yet I've just scanned and emailed my crb check nothing yet i found out about the training it's $18 an hour during the training which is 4 weeks
I was told that yesterday
Have you heard anything

''Start at $18 / Hr''

dave_lol66 May 25th 2012 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by CurtNIR (Post 10082121)
''Start at $18 / Hr''

and?

CurtNIR May 25th 2012 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by dave_lol66 (Post 10081951)
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

and?