Life so far in Canada

Old May 31st 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life so far in Canada

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Yes I agree with you on Westcan and Bison!!!

Well i am sure Bison & WBT are happy to have your seal of approvement

Westcan Bulk are one of the few companies who seem to have changed their ways in regards to oversesa drivers considerably and credit is due to them for that.
BUT there are not a "long haul" company in regards to the PNP criteria and as KB33 has pointed out trouble could be unfortunately brewing for PNP/PR status.

Bison,
yes always one of the higher rated OTR companies and I have never to my knowledge read much negative reports about them apart from the fact that it costs you around £5k via an imigration agency to have the pleasure of working for them.

BFS,
no I don't go with you on that as too many, way too many of you long term ex-pat guys have went out with therm and moved on after a short period or as soon as you where in the "comfort zone" of having gained PR.
I would think the % of overseas drivers who remain with BFS after PR would be 15% or less at a guess?
Where do you get your figures from BT as allways you have no facts just pure speculation, No wonder this forum is dying thanks to ill in formed people like you spreading rumours.
Old May 31st 2010, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Where do you get your figures from BT as allways you have no facts just pure speculation, No wonder this forum is dying thanks to ill in formed people like you spreading rumours.

Well I was hoping against hope that you would "wise up" and try to post something constructive for a change(or stay away from this thread all together) but thats really not in your character is it?!!!!!!!!!

Its time you took off your blinkers and realise its YOU who has ruined this forum with your stupid/toxic posts just like you tried to do at BTA!!!!

FYI,
You will find that YOU have told other posters that it costs approx £5k upfront to go with Bison and the 15% figure for those that stay on at BFS after PR was something I estimated at BTA and BTD/others agreed with it!!!!!
Old May 31st 2010, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I was hoping against hope that you would "wise up" and try to post something constructive for a change(or stay away from this thread all together) but thats really not in your character is it?!!!!!!!!!

Its time you took off your blinkers and realise its YOU who has ruined this forum with your stupid/toxic posts just like you tried to do at BTA!!!!

FYI,
You will find that YOU have told other posters that it costs approx £5k upfront to go with Bison and the 15% figure for those that stay on at BFS after PR was something I estimated at BTA and BTD/others agreed with it!!!!!
BTA, i cant get BTA at work, and havent been on their for months, so yet again more BT BS
this is what i get when i go to the BTA forum ??????

403 - Forbidden Error
You are not allowed to access this address.
If the error persists, please contact the website webmaster.If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.

Common reasons for this error are:

•Incorrect file/directory permissions: Below 644.
In order files to be read by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or above 644. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.

•Restrictive Apache directives inside .htaccess file.
There are two Apache directives which can cause this error - 'Deny from' and 'Options -Indexes'.

Last edited by Gremmie; May 31st 2010 at 3:54 pm.
Old May 31st 2010, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I agree with you on Westcan and Bison!!!

Westcan Bulk are one of the few companies who seem to have changed their ways in regards to oversesa drivers considerably and credit is due to them for that.
BUT there are not a "long haul" company in regards to the PNP criteria and as KB33 has pointed out trouble could be unfortunately brewing for PNP/PR status.

Bison,
yes always one of the higher rated OTR companies and I have never to my knowledge read much negative reports about them apart from the fact that it costs you around £5k via an imigration agency to have the pleasure of working for them.

BFS,
no I don't go with you on that as too many, way too many of you long term ex-pat guys have went out with therm and moved on after a short period or as soon as you where in the "comfort zone" of having gained PR.
I would think the % of overseas drivers who remain with BFS after PR would be 15% or less at a guess?
That is of course a guess on your part.
I on the other hand am spesking from the point of view of someone who worked at BF for nearly a year so i would hope that my opinion would hold some weight at least.
I don't know what percentage of expats still work there because as i have already stated, i left there and have had this job for over two years.
I personally know around ten or more guys who still work there but i know there are many more but i am not going to make a wild guess like you.
The important thing is the fact that that nearly every Brit that i know personally in Canada (which is quite a lot of people) started with BF and would agree thet it was a good route to take regarding getting here for the reasons i have already mentioned.
As a further note, i would also say that if i had to do it all over again and start from scratch i would do it exactly the same as i did.
You may argue with that as is your right but as i keep saying, I am speaking as someone who is here enjoying my life in Canada/N America and not someone who has simply done a lot of internet research
Old May 31st 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

As opposed to you who gives well founded constructive posts based on FIRST HAND knowledge OOooops i forgot you only came here on a holiday job for a summer

This forum has been ruined by the likes of you running every one down thats made a good life here, you claim to know the system here but in fact understand zilch. Drivers dont sit arround as much as you claim for nothing. You can educate us all on Belfast tipper driving but who gives a toss on that subject, but North American trucking you know F*** all.

FYI,
BT get a life,
Old May 31st 2010, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

What your basically saying with your quote above is that in order for you do get the miles and make money, you willingly RUN BENT or use "creative logging" constantly?!!!!!

I'm glad your doing well (so far) at Bulk Carriers but you've got to admit a fair few who post on the forums have quit Bulk after a short while and moved on or came back to the UK.
Surely with PEI being such a small province its very hard to change your TWP/LMO to another trucking company if things are not working with your orginal one?
Creative logging? So you leave your tacho on other work, not rest when unloading? You have to maximise your working hours, that is a fact out here. I do not consider it running bent as you put it. When I was in Europe I never used other work, & had to be creative on occasions. If I chose to do it that way, its upto me. But as many out here will tell you 5800 miles in 12 working days is not particularly high mileage, you run along at 65mph it soon winds em up.

As for LMOs, both Clarkes (NS) & Ayr (NB) have offered to get me an LMO should I decide to change. Note both are in different provinces. But I like it here right now, the island is a nice place & I'm generally enjoying the work (Loblaws excepted). If given the choice of working here or UK on £50pw more I'd much rather be here. Open roads... TRUCKSTOPS worthy of the name. You get traffic in the major cities of course, but out in the wide open spaces....

You can keep your pathetic Health & Stupidity, the snarled up M25, operation "stack" & anal VOSA busy bodies. As I think "wire" has said if you like trucks & driving, you'll like it here. If you are a high-viz nose picker, stay home.
Old May 31st 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

htrucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I`m new to this forum ( sorry to post here, but I`m not allowed to send any private message yet ).
I have been reading the trucking forum for a while...I`m a long-haul truck driver in Europe.

But now I`m in a dilemma .
(well, nothing sure yet, but I really need some pros and cons )
What would you do if you got a job offer from H&R and BC on PEI.
Which one would you take ?
H&R has a bad reputation on this forum , but...sorry to say this, but mainly from drivers who had no idea about doing long-haul at all, left the company after 3 weeks or months etc.
(maybe I should not have started to read any forum , I am more confused than ever )
I know I need to make up my own mind, but I will appreciate for any advice.
Also , Alberta or PEI ?

Thanks

(after reading Alan , I think i will go for PEI )
Old May 31st 2010, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by htrucker
Hello,

I`m new to this forum ( sorry to post here, but I`m not allowed to send any private message yet ).
I have been reading the trucking forum for a while...I`m a long-haul truck driver in Europe.

But now I`m in a dilemma .
(well, nothing sure yet, but I really need some pros and cons )
What would you do if you got a job offer from H&R and BC on PEI.
Which one would you take ?
H&R has a bad reputation on this forum , but...sorry to say this, but mainly from drivers who had no idea about doing long-haul at all, left the company after 3 weeks or months etc.
(maybe I should not have started to read any forum , I am more confused than ever )
I know I need to make up my own mind, but I will appreciate for any advice.
Also , Alberta or PEI ?

Thanks

(after reading Alan , I think i will go for PEI )
Why go where you have job offers, where else did you /are you looking ??
Old May 31st 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

I`m looking for everywhere.
I have sent hundreds of emails, job applications.
I`m not British, so I think my applications went to the bins...
These 2 companies what I have left.
Nothing sure yet..H&R invited me for an interview, what is not a job offer.
I`m just thinking what if ...
Old May 31st 2010, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

I`m looking for everywhere.
I have sent hundreds of emails, job applications.
I`m not British, so I think my applications went to the bins...
These 2 companies what I have left.
Nothing sure yet..H&R invited me for an interview, what is not a job offer.
I`m just thinking what if ...
Where are you from then.??
Old May 31st 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Have sent you a PM.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have sent you a PM.
No PM as of yet. But why send a PM ? the idea of this forum is to share info, not to be secretive.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

No secret at all.
From Eastern Europe.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

No secret at all.
From Eastern Europe.
Ah Ha so an Eastern Spy

You have the dilema that 2 companies MAY ???? offer you a job, both companies have received plenty of press on the forums good and bad. If i were you i would look for many more companies, Alan mentioned a couple of companies that have LMO's. Clarkes & Ayr Motors, some Manitoba & Sk companies are still hunting,, So dont dismiss the two you have but look for others aswell.

Oh i almost forgot, dont listen to BT as he knows nothing
Old May 31st 2010, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
BT get a life,

Blinkers are still on there Gremmie,look at this forum over the last few months all ruined by you as I have very rarely posted on it.

Just for the record I KNOW I have a life and its ALOT better than yours IE hows the social scene in Niverville these days?!!!!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; May 31st 2010 at 9:58 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.