British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Life so far in Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/life-so-far-canada-669040/)

karla03 May 20th 2010 10:46 am

Life so far in Canada

Its nice to see some old (no pun intended) names on the forum. I've not been on here for a while and I was just wondering how Life is treating everyone. Glad to see Gremmie is still as funny as ever. Let me know where you all are and what your all up to . . . . . .

Take Care x x x:)

Gremmie May 20th 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Life so far in Canada

Originally Posted by karla03 (Post 8578151)
Its nice to see some old (no pun intended) names on the forum. I've not been on here for a while and I was just wondering how Life is treating everyone. Glad to see Gremmie is still as funny as ever. Let me know where you all are and what your all up to . . . . . .

Take Care x x x:)

Well we all came to Canada and are being treated nicely by Canadains, so what happend to you and family ??

Big Truck May 21st 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Karla,

if you are able to go and read some recent posts on the "other" more ACTIVE forum you may be suprised how things have turned out for a great many European truck drivers and their families.:(

IE google: British Truckers Abroad

You will find that you maybe made the best choice in staying in the UK at least for the time being until somebody in CIC does something about Canadian long haul companies RIPPING OFF decent law abiding overseas drivers !!!!;)

Big Truck May 21st 2010 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 8579328)
Well we all came to Canada and are being treated nicely by Canadains, so what happend to you and family ??

Are you mixing up the pink and the blue funny pills again?!!!!!!!:blink:

mickfly May 23rd 2010 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 8581895)
Hi Karla,

if you are able to go and read some recent posts on the "other" more ACTIVE forum you may be suprised how things have turned out for a great many European truck drivers and their families.:(

IE google: British Truckers Abroad

You will find that you maybe made the best choice in staying in the UK at least for the time being until somebody in CIC does something about Canadian long haul companies RIPPING OFF decent law abiding overseas drivers !!!!;)

Same culprits again, as usual.

One driver recently posted on his blog after giving his notice at H&R....

"With all the best will and loyalty in the world, you have to look after number 1. I was going under slowly but surely and drastic times call for drastic measures."

kb33 May 25th 2010 3:32 am

Thing is you only ever hear about the ones that went home , They seem to want to tell the whole world about how badly treated they have been.
I know of dozens of families that have made the move via Trucking companies and are perfectly happy here and wouldn't dream of going back to the UK .. Its just that they cant be bothered posting on sites like this to tell everyone how happy they are living in Canada. ;)

karla03 May 25th 2010 7:09 am

same old - same old then, lol x

I'm glad to see alot of you are settled and happy in Canada. Life isn't so bad for us back here in the UK at the minute, plus the weather is lovely.

I see the relationship between Gremmie and Big Truck is still as warm and fuzzy as ever.

Gremmie May 25th 2010 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by karla03 (Post 8587945)
same old - same old then, lol x

I'm glad to see alot of you are settled and happy in Canada. Life isn't so bad for us back here in the UK at the minute, plus the weather is lovely.

I see the relationship between Gremmie and Big Truck is still as warm and fuzzy as ever.

BT,s info is as all ways second hand, and he only seems to listen to the people that failed here. Those that made a go of it here he gives no credence. And of course those that did fail only blame every one else, no fault what so ever lays at their own feet:ohmy:

alandoug May 27th 2010 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 8588612)
BT,s info is as all ways second hand, and he only seems to listen to the people that failed here. Those that made a go of it here he gives no credence. And of course those that did fail only blame every one else, no fault what so ever lays at their own feet:ohmy:

Well I'm still here.... Course you knew that!! Cheer up Graham, its not easy anywhere now.:thumbsup:

Gremmie May 27th 2010 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by alandoug (Post 8594119)
Well I'm still here.... Course you knew that!! Cheer up Graham, its not easy anywhere now.:thumbsup:

You only need another 2 weeks and you will brake MFlys record stay:rofl::rofl:

16wheeler May 27th 2010 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 8587682)
Thing is you only ever hear about the ones that went home , They seem to want to tell the whole world about how badly treated they have been.
I know of dozens of families that have made the move via Trucking companies and are perfectly happy here and wouldn't dream of going back to the UK .. Its just that they cant be bothered posting on sites like this to tell everyone how happy they are living in Canada. ;)

Sadly the truth is quite the opposite, most of those people that return pass quietly back into work back in the UK without saying anything for fear of being berated by the fortunate few on these forums that were lucky enough to find good employment.
There is good evidence I would suggest that the majority of Canadian employers in the PNP scheme take the piss out of Brit drivers, shall we just leave it at that.

Gremmie May 28th 2010 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by 16wheeler (Post 8594620)
Sadly the truth is quite the opposite, most of those people that return pass quietly back into work back in the UK without saying anything for fear of being berated by the fortunate few on these forums that were lucky enough to find good employment.
There is good evidence I would suggest that the majority of Canadian employers in the PNP scheme take the piss out of Brit drivers, shall we just leave it at that.

Do you have proof of this ??? My experiance has been that a vast number come here expecting to change the North American trucking industry's way of working to that of Europe only to be dissapointed. Things are done differantly here like it or lump it, those that lump it then moan & bitch and blame all the world and his dog for screwing up their own lives.

kb33 May 28th 2010 2:45 pm

Sadly the truth is quite the opposite, most of those people that return pass quietly back into work back in the UK without saying anything for fear of being berated by the fortunate few on these forums that were lucky enough to find good employment
You need to have a read on BTA and the various blogs that are doing the rounds at the moment. ;)

Gremmie May 28th 2010 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by kb33 (Post 8596010)
You need to have a read on BTA and the various blogs that are doing the rounds at the moment. ;)

What blogs Kev,???

kb33 May 28th 2010 5:24 pm

Cant post any links on here , But there's unrest on PEI ;) Have a look on BTA