Life so far in Canada

Old Jun 17th 2010, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice
Default Re: Life so far in Canada

Originally Posted by Big Truck
My God you really are slow!!!!
Are you saying £40k/year makes someone wealthy?!!!!!!!!
I live a quite comfortable life here but its far from WEALTHY!!!!

My reasons for looking to live in Canada are well documented on here and over on BTA and I wont repeat myself.

I have in my wallet a USA CDL truck licence and thats experience enough for me,your mate Gremmie hasn't too much NA truck driving experience either as he's now an "office bod" since his unfortunate accident.

Have you ever heard of a place called South Armagh and would you tell a tourist from say, CANADA to go visit there and book into the lovely hotel in the middle of Crossmaglen square?!!!!!!!!!!
£40k a year in ireland is a high wage,if not wealthy then lets just call it well off, and as this is a "life so far in canada thread" what does a usa cdl have to do with it as regards experience in canada? whoever the other person is what cant be disputed is that he can offer first hand advice of things in canada and you cant.maybe you should just head over to the american forums where your experience might actually count for something
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by karron
£40k a year in ireland is a high wage,if not wealthy then lets just call it well off, and as this is a "life so far in canada thread" what does a usa cdl have to do with it as regards experience in canada? whoever the other person is what cant be disputed is that he can offer first hand advice of things in canada and you cant.maybe you should just head over to the american forums where your experience might actually count for something
Just to let you in on a little secret:

95% of the ex-UK guys who drive truck for a living in Canada,
SPEND MOST OF THEIR TIME DRIVING IN THE USA!!!!!!
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Experience ???? just because you have a US/CD licence in your wallet 6 months of combining is not trucking. You had 1 truck 1 trailer and moved the same piece of equipment from feld to field. That is not trucking. I did as you mentioned before my accident, Super B tankers ( all be it only 2 months ) reefers, vans and decks for 17 months in which time i visited every US State except Alaska and Maine. Since then i have become as you so poeticly call it an " Office bod" that runs the whole company.
Gremmie,

you are talking BS AGAIN!!!!!

Altendorf Harvesting and Trucking run approx 30 JD STS combines and 100 semi trucks.
The combines had to get from Minto in ND to Munday in North TX,they must have have got there by boat then!!!!

If you drive on the North/South Interstate(forgot the IS number) that passes Fargo and Grand Forks you will see PLENTY of their semi's.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

and thats your contribution to "life so far in canada" why dont you just leave it to the people who want information/can give information about the thread title ? what was it ? 6 months or so in an american harvest? ffs i bet you came back with an american accent.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Gremmie,

you are talking BS AGAIN!!!!!

Altendorf Harvesting and Trucking run approx 30 JD STS combines and 100 semi trucks.
The combines had to get from Minto in ND to Munday in North TX,they must have have got there by boat then!!!!

If you drive on the North/South Interstate(forgot the IS number) that passes Fargo and Grand Forks you will see PLENTY of their semi's.
We are talking about your very limited trucking experience not that of the company you drover for.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

We are talking about your very limited trucking experience not that of the company you drover for.
DROVER FOR!!!!!!!

More BS from the "chargehand" of BE trucking forum!!!!!

I have experience in ( not alot BUT enough to know most are JUNKERS):
KW T600/T800/T2000
Pete 379
Freightliner 120FLD (plenty)
Volvo/GMC/White
International end-dump straight trucks.

Gremmie I think piloted an International for his two weeks@ Westcan and a KW T600 or T800 for his 6 months @Spirit Road before "retiring" to the office!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karron
and thats your contribution to "life so far in canada" why dont you just leave it to the people who want information/can give information about the thread title ? what was it ? 6 months or so in an american harvest? ffs i bet you came back with an american accent.
No,
but I came back with two Americans and two Kiwi's who loved living/working/DRINKING here in NI so much that we couldn't get bloody rid of them!!!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so that every body knows BT has unparalled knowledge of not only living in Canada but also of the trucking industry in North America. He can draw on years of experience and is an absolute must PM person for people wishing to emigrate to Canada to gain info on trucking companies,housing,schools etc. Remember BT knows more than every one else on all subjects not only Canada, his opinions are sought after by world leaders & company CEO's so please PM with any questions on any subject.
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Ok so that every body knows BT has unparalled knowledge of not only living in Canada but also of the trucking industry in North America. He can draw on years of experience and is an absolute must PM person for people wishing to emigrate to Canada to gain info on trucking companies,housing,schools etc. Remember BT knows more than every one else on all subjects not only Canada, his opinions are sought after by world leaders & company CEO's so please PM with any questions on any subject.

Now do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm there...?
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aye right!!!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Aye right!!!!!!
I honestly don't think anybody can say or do anything to stop BT posting on here , he has very broad shoulders...

I am quite impressed in a strange way I would love to be so carefree and nonplussed
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:27 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hello ladies
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Hello Koogs .. Bet it feels like you have never been away
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 12:34 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Haha..... not a lot changes on BE KB.
We're heading back up to Wyoming for a while later this week.
On the move again.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:15 pm
Banned

arrrobbbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kb33
Thing is you only ever hear about the ones that went home , They seem to want to tell the whole world about how badly treated they have been.
I know of dozens of families that have made the move via Trucking companies and are perfectly happy here and wouldn't dream of going back to the UK .. Its just that they cant be bothered posting on sites like this to tell everyone how happy they are living in Canada.
Oh please!I could not wait to get out of Canada.It truly is a nasty place to live.I only went over for a year just to experience North america.God I don't know how anyone lives there.One woman described it very well for me.She said Canada was a cold ,miserable country full of cold ,miserable people.That's it to a T.Actually the Americans are a much friendlier people.It's just to bad they live to work instead of the reverse.I personally am trying to let the world know how backwards Canada is and to try and dissuade people from even contemplating moving there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.