Life so far in Canada

Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life so far in Canada

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Youre missing the sarcastic nature of my post...if you read BTA you would see.

It wasnt his choice to get knocked down. But it IS his choice to continue to be an antagonistic arsehole.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

??? Why do you want proof Gremmie, you dont even drive a truck for ''chripes sake''...................................
I want proof because i have had enough of BT's BS, he knows didley squat about life, work and conditions here, but continues to " Flap his Gums" about every thing here.
And no i dont drive truck here any more, i just run a trucking company, i know what he drivers earn, i know where they go and what they do, because its me that tells them what to do. So when some low life gob shites who live on the other side of the pond come on here spouting out BS, I tend to get antagonistic
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobthedog
No, BT, you are completely wrong about saying we need to do the miles in the US. Making a decent wage here really isn't that hard. I manage well enough (accident time off notwithstanding) although I do work hard for it. The only time the roads are bad here is when there is a major storm and they clear them very fast indeed. The northern US states do not handle it nearly as well. SD, IA, IO, were all in a hell of a state last winter after a big storm blew through and it took them weeks to get things rolling right again.

This myth about winter that has got your knickers in such a twist over the years that I have 'known' you still strikes me as a little weird. If you worked the harvest then how can you say it? If you haven't worked through the winter here then how do you know?

If all your information is from blogs, especially those blogs from people who have packed up and gone back, then your knowledge lacks any substance at all.
This is true about the winter. Load of cobblers you need US miles. Look at Norway? You work abit harder but still get the job done. Russia too, we still did the trips.
Seems our Irish posters are of the lightweight variety, more at home in the Paddy fields...
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Either there or in the various clubs in Spain arguing about what constitutes a good deal.....
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Either there or in the various clubs in Spain arguing about what constitutes a good deal.....
yeah, while eyeing up the next line......
Old Jul 8th 2010, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Do you think they use the same one for cleaning themselves up and looking presentable?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

wire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lilacheart
Can I ask why you are quoting my post , I can't really see any link to the direct question I asked wire...I also think your situation is unusual and would not be considered the norm.

However it is nice to hear your wife is better and how great the support is in canada
To answer Lilachearts entirely pertinent question.
Please appreciate that i would not presume to tell you what to do with your lives or even offer my opinion on what you should do. Rather i am simply stating how i would feel if it was me in your situation.
For me one of the things that i felt was wrong with the UK was the open door immigration policy that was leading to mass over population.
So really my emigration to Canada surely makes me a total hypocrite except to say in mitigation that i was invited to emigrate by Canada because my particular skills were needed here.
However if i was to take advantage of my rights as a permanent resident and take a less skilled job from a local person i would feel unjustified in emigrating at all.

Last edited by wire; Jul 8th 2010 at 4:41 am.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by alandoug
This is true about the winter. Load of cobblers you need US miles. Look at Norway? You work abit harder but still get the job done. Russia too, we still did the trips.
Seems our Irish posters are of the lightweight variety, more at home in the Paddy fields...
Who are your Irish posters then? I dont see too many.....
Old Jul 8th 2010, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Who are your Irish posters then? I dont see too many.....
Well said Curt.

Some of the usual dimwit EX-English men don't seem to realise that the "silent majority" in Northen Ireland ARE MORE BRITISH than they are!!!!!!!

Ain't that right Beano's?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

You think? Oddlt enough, you very seldom saw NI registered vehicles on the continent, but you saw lots of Irish registered. Now this has just occurred to me. Either all the NI drivers were working for Irish firms, or they didn't feel capable of driving overseas??
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

You think? Oddlt enough, you very seldom saw NI registered vehicles on the continent, but you saw lots of Irish registered. Now this has just occurred to me. Either all the NI drivers were working for Irish firms, or they didn't feel capable of driving overseas??
Sure you know the reason for that?

We would rather stay at home because to get to the continent we'd have to drive through that hell hole you left behind called England!!!!!!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Would you? What about the ferries out of Cork then? But then you would have to drive through Ireland.

In your last post you suggested you may be more british than most of us, yet now you call it a hellhole?
Old Jul 9th 2010, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Don't come on here too often,better things to do unless the weather intercepts,so I might have missed a previous post by BT.Why does the guy come on here?From what little I've read he had a couple of months experience using a glorified lawnmower down South and now seems to think he's an expert on how life is for expat truckers in Canada/US .Do you (BT) intend to move out here,if so when and who'll you be working for ? Promise you one thing,with an attitude like yours you'll go down a storm out here,make sure you by a return ticket !!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

think you are just doing a bit of fishing bob however when you consider that the north of ireland has about 1.5 million population and the republic has about 4 million then it would be no surprise that more irish reg trucks may have been seen. people like blairs,carna,lyons,zwecker etc all would be regulars in europe and also would probably have had a fair few uk drivers on for them. dont just lump all the n.irish drivers as crap talkers because of some others who want to be the font of all knowledge,i've done europe for about 15 years off and on but i dont think i'm an authority on it and thats with the actual experience of doing it so i would take what someone with no experience of something with an extra large dose of salt. although some people would be suited to america it seems,where everything is bigger,better than what everybody else has
Old Jul 9th 2010, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

I would never lump all NI people into any box, Karron, never in life. I know there were firms from the north running all over the place- I saw several. Truth is that most of them were regular drivers, better people than most brits and almost invariably trouble free. The drivers from the south were also generally decent enough although they played hard, shall we say..

But Curt and BT have been trolling on all these forums for a long time and have been grilling and hammering expats all along, but they lack the knowledge to really comment with any sort of authority and just spout. See how excited BT gets when someone slates a firm on here. They have both questioned my integrity elsewhere, and have even hinted that I am dishonest and taking backhanders. All this because I happen to like it here. They are so sure that every one of us here is being conned but they really have no idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.