Licences in Alberta

Old Feb 1st 2011, 2:48 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Drgtruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Licences in Alberta

Hey all,

I currently have a standard drivers licence here in the UK, my family is going to be moving to Alberta in the next 2 years. Im planning on getting my C and C+E licences, but I was wondering if the C and C+E licences are able to be transferred over in Alberta or whether I would have to take Alberta's Class 1 road tests etc.

An answer to this question would be most appreciated!

Many thanks,
Josh
Drgtruck is offline  
Old Feb 1st 2011, 4:43 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 34
fedupgb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Licences in Alberta

Originally Posted by Drgtruck View Post
Hey all,

I currently have a standard drivers licence here in the UK, my family is going to be moving to Alberta in the next 2 years. Im planning on getting my C and C+E licences, but I was wondering if the C and C+E licences are able to be transferred over in Alberta or whether I would have to take Alberta's Class 1 road tests etc.

An answer to this question would be most appreciated!

Many thanks,
Josh
I'm afraid you have to take your tests again in Alberta as the UK ones aren't recognised there
fedupgb is offline  
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:08 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
DAVIE_MAC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: British Virgin Islands
Posts: 1,550
DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Licences in Alberta

Originally Posted by fedupgb View Post
I'm afraid you have to take your tests again in Alberta as the UK ones aren't recognised there
Including the Air Brakes Test first before the road test.

DAVIE_MAC is offline  
Old Feb 1st 2011, 6:50 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Drgtruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Licences in Alberta

Ah that's to bad, guess I will have to take the tests then.

Thanks for the info,
Josh
Drgtruck is offline  
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:34 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Licences in Alberta

Originally Posted by Drgtruck View Post
Ah that's to bad, guess I will have to take the tests then.

Thanks for the info,
Josh
guess you will, its nice that you are so pragmatic about it.
Gremmie is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.