Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Just To Let You Know............

Just To Let You Know............

Old Sep 16th 2007, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

paulburt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just To Let You Know............

Originally Posted by karla03
We're still off to Canada and still to the same area, but were having to wait a few years due to family reasons.

Karla x x x
well if things aren't right with kids etc you've made absolutely the right decision, we first looked at canada seriously three years ago but our middle daughter was in her last year at school and our youngest with one year left to do and with big plans for doing A levels etc we could've gone but it just didn't seem the right time and not really fair to make them move schools, now here we are three years later both daughters are settled with good jobs etc and canada is still there only now it's a lot easier to get in!
in the overal scheme of things those three years have made no difference what so ever.
Old Sep 16th 2007, 3:14 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Karla, I am really sorry you have to put your plans on hold. Don't loose sight of the dream though, it is really very nice over here. but your family comes first - you have had a bad couple of months but I am sure Simon will come round.

Take Care

Lorna
Old Sep 16th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Hi Karla,i hope everything turns out for the best,you have been so helpful with your input,Canada will still be there,just keep focused and you will get there.Kind Regards Phil
Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Thanks all. Its nice to know you all care. Canada will one day be our home but the time is not right for us just yet.

I'll still be here, helping others and you never know - we may meet up in the future.

Take care all and I wish you all well for the future.

Karla and Family x x x x
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by karla03
Thanks all. Its nice to know you all care. Canada will one day be our home but the time is not right for us just yet.

I'll still be here, helping others and you never know - we may meet up in the future.

Take care all and I wish you all well for the future.

Karla and Family x x x x

Good luck karla, hope everything goes well for you and simon,

keep intouch

catherine & mick
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by citicat
Good luck karla, hope everything goes well for you and simon,

keep intouch

catherine & mick
Hi Catherine & Mick,

How's it going over there? getting settled yet?

Chris
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
Hi Catherine & Mick,

How's it going over there? getting settled yet?

Chris
Not there yet m8 just finishing house sale off here then looking at 3rd oct to go over

house is completely empty here just deck chair and a laptop to work with until we leave house next friday
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by citicat
Not there yet m8 just finishing house sale off here then looking at 3rd oct to go over

house is completely empty here just deck chair and a laptop to work with until we leave house next friday
sorry! thought you had gone already!

Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you - And you should get a bit of work done before the snows comes!

How long have you had to sit on deck chairs for?

I did wonder what would be best for us - have our stuff go before we leave, so it's waiting for us in Canada (and borrow stuff off of families until we go)

Did you go with just shipping boxes in the end? (we have so much junk to sort - at the moment our stuff wouldn't fit in a 40ft container!)

Let us know how you get on
Old Sep 21st 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
sorry! thought you had gone already!

Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you - And you should get a bit of work done before the snows comes!

How long have you had to sit on deck chairs for?

I did wonder what would be best for us - have our stuff go before we leave, so it's waiting for us in Canada (and borrow stuff off of families until we go)

Did you go with just shipping boxes in the end? (we have so much junk to sort - at the moment our stuff wouldn't fit in a 40ft container!)

Let us know how you get on

Even worse just sold it all on ebay even pots and pans, So wife is looking forward to buying it all back again when we get there,,,,,lol
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

gareth0606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Karla,
Sorry to hear u & ur family are putting Canada on hold...life is very complicated at the best of times without the complexities of moving to another continent!...so don't let a few insensitive words by ignorant types upset you okay...

I'm only just starting to look at Canada again now because I too have a complicated life...but you were very helpful to me when I was hunting for jobs some months ago and I'll always remember that. You'll get things rolling again eventually...I'm sure if that cause you have a lot of energy and a possitive attitude...

take care and keep us posted...
Garethxxx
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

steve_watt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Karla.

I was gonna send u a PM but I have to have 3 postings on the forum before I am allowed to send PM,s

I have been reading a few of your posts, you must be disappointed that things are on hold for a while.

I have been going through the mountain of info about trucking in Canada. It gets more confusing, with too many choices.

I am interested in PEI as the lifestyle and house prices appeal to me. Or would I be better looking at NB and NS as well.

Do you know of any other companies apart from Seafood Express that I can get in touch with. Are there such things as Employment agencies (not immigration agents etc). How does the climate compare with the rest of the provinces. Any information, or contacts that u could provide would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Steve