H & R Transport

Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:29 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Default Re: H & R Transport

Originally Posted by burton bunch
But you are in raymond arent you Lyndon ??
erm, er, well yes sort of i think.

...........and Raymond is actually in Warner County not Lethbridge County.

Hmmm I think you may have caught me out there.

Unless

Raymond is actually classed as a Bedroom community of Lethbridge and we get our utilities from there, we share a common water supply.

And of course my company is based on 2nd Ave North and i am able to use that as apostal address.

Awww please let me in
Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
erm, er, well yes sort of i think.

...........and Raymond is actually in Warner County not Lethbridge County.

Hmmm I think you may have caught me out there.

Unless

Raymond is actually classed as a Bedroom community of Lethbridge and we get our utilities from there, we share a common water supply.

And of course my company is based on 2nd Ave North and i am able to use that as apostal address.

Awww please let me in
ermmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Let me think about it the more the merrier
Old Aug 12th 2007, 6:02 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Ok i'll get the ball rolling

We are the Lomanovskis family, the name origionates in Latvia. There are 4 of us moving to Lethbridge at the end of July.

My name is Lyndon, thats me in the avatar and i am going to be driving OTR (Over The Road) for H & R Transport based in Lethbridge, there is also my wife Janice, my son Luke (13) and our dog Gizmo who is a black Spangador (Spaniel/Labrador cross).

The reason i have introdced the whole family is because when i answer questions, it is usually in relation to our circumstancies, for example if you want to know how much it costs to ship a dog over and i tell you its about £1300 then you know its for our big black bundle of dogginess who weighs in at 27 kilos, if you have a little rat on alead then it wont cost you so much. By the way no offence to owners of liitle dogs, they are lovely, couldnt eat a whole one though !!

We hail from Swindon in Wiltshire and i presently work for Wincanton Chilled in Gloucester, I work nights and the monies pretty good, i say that because i am taking a pay drop (if you think in ££££) so we are not doing it for the money.

We have been planning this since January 2007 when i overheared 2 colleagues talking about it in the Transport Office and thought "Oooo that sounds nice", i came home, we discussed it as a family then decided to do it.

Since then i have spent countless hours trawling the 'net finding answers, made countless phone calls and sent countless emails to countless people in Canada about countless things, to be quite honest it became quite an obsession, but we think its paid off. We managed to get an interview in UK for a Canadian job which was successful and we have also completed all the paperwork for the temp workers permit and put together our immigration folder so we are set to go.

The only thing holding us back was the sale of the house, we are now ready to exchange contracts over the next couple of days and the new people want to be in here on 20th July so i wold say that is about done.

We came over to Alberta in May for a 2 week recce and got most of our new lives sorted out, these included:

Bank Accounts
Schooling
A place to live
Cell phone
Met the new Boss
Home utilities
Food shopping
Furniture shopping
Car shopping

We also visited Calgary and Edmonton as H & R also have depots there and when you join the company you do have the choice which depot you want to work from, we also took around 650 photos of just about everything.

We are no experts and i dont work for the company yet but we do have a "goldmine" of info to share.

My weblog "Trucking Life" logs how the immigration has affected our lives since the middle of Feb.
Only just read your post Can i just say its great to read a post like this again, dont seem to get many on here anymore, that encourage people to join in
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

just found these rates for H&R TRANSPORT.

New Rates

Jan 27/07

Pay Package Information

H&R Transport offers one of the best pay packages in the country. Our Drivers are our most valuable assets and we think they need to be treated fairly and with the utmost respect which is why we offer TOP dollar pay packages.

Company Drivers - Singles

Earn $.42 per mile on ALL International Miles*

~~PLUS~~

- Paid Weekly

- 30.00 for all pick ups and drops

- 30.00 USDA Meat Inspections

- 350.00 Quarterly Safety bonus

...AND MUCH MORE!!!

H&R Transport offers new equipment, competitive hourly rates, Rider Program, layover pay, paid lumpers, slip seat positions are available for western based drivers.
Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:50 pm
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sans
Only just read your post Can i just say its great to read a post like this again, dont seem to get many on here anymore, that encourage people to join in
Thanks Sans

Nice to be appreciated

Lyndon
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by citicat
just found these rates for H&R TRANSPORT.

New Rates

Jan 27/07

Pay Package Information

H&R Transport offers one of the best pay packages in the country. Our Drivers are our most valuable assets and we think they need to be treated fairly and with the utmost respect which is why we offer TOP dollar pay packages.

Company Drivers - Singles

Earn $.42 per mile on ALL International Miles*

~~PLUS~~

- Paid Weekly

- 30.00 for all pick ups and drops

- 30.00 USDA Meat Inspections

- 350.00 Quarterly Safety bonus

...AND MUCH MORE!!!

H&R Transport offers new equipment, competitive hourly rates, Rider Program, layover pay, paid lumpers, slip seat positions are available for western based drivers.
Ah Crap
Ok i guess i will live on that sort of money for the time being but if my pay goes up anymore i will have to pay the ex more which really gets my goat.

How is Gizmo mate i hope he gets over that flight must of been a bit traumatic for him or any animal i guess. Clair is going on the same flight as ours so she can collect them straight away.
Have a ball mate speak to you later.
LOAFY...
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:50 pm
Banned

Unhappy Re: H & R Transport

Hi Iain

Gizmo didnt like the journey at all and he is just starting to settle down now. We had lamb for Sunday lunch and as usual he got the bones, hes been out in the yard with them all afternoon and hes took a liking to the leather suite.

oh well must dash i got highway codes to read and pre trips to practice, all good fun i s'pose.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi Iain

Gizmo didnt like the journey at all and he is just starting to settle down now. We had lamb for Sunday lunch and as usual he got the bones, hes been out in the yard with them all afternoon and hes took a liking to the leather suite.

oh well must dash i got highway codes to read and pre trips to practice, all good fun i s'pose.
Great glad to hear it.. We didnt have Sunday lunch today and they were well put out with normal dog stuff, mind you they still ate it all. They normally have a sunday lunch left overs that we have which is normally lamb for us too.
yeah i think i will have to open them books up and get some learning done.
All the best
LOAFY...
Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by loafy
Great glad to hear it.. We didnt have Sunday lunch today and they were well put out with normal dog stuff, mind you they still ate it all. They normally have a sunday lunch left overs that we have which is normally lamb for us too.
yeah i think i will have to open them books up and get some learning done.
All the best
LOAFY...
Of course, it would be lamb woudnt it

Seriously, get your nose in them books now, i wish i had done, i spent 2 hours today and im just not in the mood
Old Aug 13th 2007, 5:28 am
Banned

Actually Iain i am starting to worry about you, look at the evidence.

I myself like to rub oil all over the body and then add some chinese five spice to just spice things up a little. The aroma that meets your senses when you open the bird up on the table is something near to heaven. MMMM.
and

normally lamb for us
and even

really gets my goat
i think theres a pattern forming..................
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Actually Iain i am starting to worry about you, look at the evidence.

and

and even

i think theres a pattern forming..................
Shhhhhhh i wont get in if they know i'm a bird oiling, sheep sh---ing, goat herding yeti from the hills and valleys of south wales. LOL
Old Aug 13th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I did both the tests on that site that you linked to on here and failed both, but that was with no revision on the Canadian highway code books and i only failed both on one point on each test so fingers crossed i will have got it right by the time i get out there. They do have some funny looking signs thou, guess we will get used to them.
LOAFY...
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:13 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loafy
Shhhhhhh i wont get in if they know i'm a bird oiling, sheep sh---ing, goat herding yeti from the hills and valleys of south wales. LOL
Why not, they're taking Mal
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Why not, they're taking Mal
Oh yeah so they are, yiphee i will be fine ha ha...

Then again ?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, it would be lamb woudnt it

Seriously, get your nose in them books now, i wish i had done, i spent 2 hours today and im just not in the mood
And dont forget the crash gearboxes too,if youve never used em youre going to have some fun learning
Does any one know how i change my location on my profile ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.