H & R Transport

Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:36 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H & R Transport

Originally Posted by Gremmie
And dont forget the crash gearboxes too,if youve never used em youre going to have some fun learning
Does any one know how i change my location on my profile ?????
click on my profile at top of screen, down the left side click edit profile, scroll down the page to additional details
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, i'm no hero with a computer
Old Aug 13th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

gaffer40 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by loafy
I did both the tests on that site that you linked to on here and failed both, but that was with no revision on the Canadian highway code books and i only failed both on one point on each test so fingers crossed i will have got it right by the time i get out there. They do have some funny looking signs thou, guess we will get used to them.
LOAFY...
Hi Loafy. Hope your keeping ok. You'll be getting a bit excited . Not long to go. Have you sorted everything out. What site did you go into for the tests. Where did you get the highway code books. Regards Garry.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:52 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Default Training for H & R

Hi everyone

Ok now i am near the end of my training, i can tell you what you will have to do and learn and the form it will be taking.

Pass Drugs test and Canadian HGV medical
Pass 2 eyesight tests (no, not one for each eye)
Exchange UK licence for Canadian Car licence (Class 5)
Pass government theory test (multiple choice)
Learn to drive a North American truck with non syncromesh gearbox.
Learn how to uncouple and couple
Learn Pre-Trip checks & air brake test
Complete 1 day air brake endorsement
Complete 2 day defensive driving course

Then you do an orientation with H & R

Then you do your 2 mentored trips to California and Vancouver

Then off you go........................

What i would suggest if you are joining H & R is either download the Basic Licence Drivers Handbook & Professional Operators Licence Information. or get hold of the hard copies if you can, anyway which ever you do get your nose in them early, it will save you a lot of extra study when you get over here, I speak from experience.

Download them from here

http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/Driv...aminations.htm

Be prepared for a sharp learning curve, driving over here is a lot more involved than in europe, the trucks are a lot more primitive and a lot more clumsy. You get a lot more involved with inspecting you truck, fo example you adjust your own brakes, ive never done that before.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Glad some one else finds the trucks here primative,about 15years behind Euro trucks. Didnt H&R send all the books with there info to you,they did me ??
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:50 pm
Kev and Lisa

Rodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the rough

Hiya Folks,

Just a quikie to say i've just found the forum and read the thread with great intrest!

As i type i'm currently waiting for my LMO to arive! As I too am coming to H&R Transport hopefully at the end of August!!!

How have you got on with the banks? I'm concerned about how long it 's goning to be before i can get and use a bank card?

I'll update my profile shortly but if anyone else is coming over around the same time as me then drop me a pm....

Kev from Wetherby, West Yorkshire.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Banks take about 20mins to set up,bring a letter of good credit with you from your current bank. It may come in handy,for what ever reason. I'm with Bank of Montreal and told the pretty girl who opened my account that its a cheek that i should pay bank charges,they went out with the ark in Switzerland so she has waverd them,such a helpful young thing
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Training for H & R

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Hi everyone

Ok now i am near the end of my training, i can tell you what you will have to do and learn and the form it will be taking.

Pass Drugs test and Canadian HGV medical
Pass 2 eyesight tests (no, not one for each eye)
Exchange UK licence for Canadian Car licence (Class 5)
Pass government theory test (multiple choice)
Learn to drive a North American truck with non syncromesh gearbox.
Learn how to uncouple and couple
Learn Pre-Trip checks & air brake test
Complete 1 day air brake endorsement
Complete 2 day defensive driving course

Then you do an orientation with H & R

Then you do your 2 mentored trips to California and Vancouver

Then off you go........................

What i would suggest if you are joining H & R is either download the Basic Licence Drivers Handbook & Professional Operators Licence Information. or get hold of the hard copies if you can, anyway which ever you do get your nose in them early, it will save you a lot of extra study when you get over here, I speak from experience.

Download them from here

http://www.infratrans.gov.ab.ca/Driv...aminations.htm

Be prepared for a sharp learning curve, driving over here is a lot more involved than in europe, the trucks are a lot more primitive and a lot more clumsy. You get a lot more involved with inspecting you truck, fo example you adjust your own brakes, ive never done that before.

HA HA

Nig

Did ya never drive knockers or Stallies....or even an Antar

Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
HA HA

Nig

Did ya never drive knockers or Stallies....or even an Antar

Are you kiddin. Drove them for years. Theres nothin a don't know about knockers.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gaffer40
Are you kiddin. Drove them for years. Theres nothin a don't know about knockers.
Hey good lad......Which regt were ya with.

Was gettin at Lyndon.....LOL
Old Aug 14th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hey good lad......Which regt were ya with.

Was gettin at Lyndon.....LOL

A was with the helen(big knockers) Brigade.....A very satisfying outfit if i say so maself.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi Loafy. Hope your keeping ok. You'll be getting a bit excited . Not long to go. Have you sorted everything out. What site did you go into for the tests. Where did you get the highway code books. Regards Garry.
Hi Gary,
I'm fine mate and just about holding it together down here in wet and windy Wales. Yeah everything is sorted now and will be on my way shortly. The test is on a link on this thread near the start, good ol Lyndon put it on. I got my books from H&R Transport same as gremmie mate, there not hard just different signs and the like, some other stuff is a little harder but nothing you can't handle.
All the best,
LOAFY...
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Glad some one else finds the trucks here primative,about 15years behind Euro trucks. Didnt H&R send all the books with there info to you,they did me ??
Primitive is the word their gremmie, why they need all those pressure gauges is beyond me and all the other stuff to go with it i'll never know. I would go as far as saying that they are about twenty years behind if you think back we had Scania 112's and Merc Powerliners and the like.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

A was with the helen(big knockers) Brigade.....A very satisfying outfit if i say so maself.
MMMMMMMMMMM
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Aaaahh yes the goold old days of comfy seats,buttons and switches that i almost under stood of wind screens one could see out of,and side windows from which one could ogle the bird in a passing cabriolet from without having to double over and get a glimpse of.
Saw a couple of Yankee's here tother day,as with most companies pretty trucks shaby trailers. All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.