H+R

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H+R

Originally Posted by nianiamh
Hi Gremmie if you`ve seen the post on trucknet about it, then i can add a little too that as i posted that last week, the only change is the load never had to be returned in the end and one of our other drivers left with it over the weekend, when i left last wednesday it was to be returned so a team operation could get it delivered, another one of our drivers offered to leave the very next morning with it if it would help but was told it was still to late,
seems that something got sorted in the end and the late load and big rush was no longer a issue, but it was still a dumped load with no word from the driver, as our boss said if he was going to walk then don`t take load on, i`ve not spoken with the driver so can only give the side that i`ve been witness to, ie our office ringing asking if i`d heard off him or knew where he was and our boss saying he`s had no contact from the driver at all, don`t know if since last week he`s been in contact i never asked when i got back.
As I said before, I am not condoning his actions, I dont know the guy, and really dont care. But as you say your self you have only heard the one side, if after you have spoken to him and all what has been writen thus far be true . Then gladly cut the fools nads off but get both sides first
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

The business with the fuel card thing is somewhat misleading. It was near Corpus Christie and he took the card in, which they said they accepted and they started the pump as well. And he put $900 of diesel in then went to sign for it only to find the card wouldn't work. That's why he had to get it paid on the credit card. So can he be blamed for that?
In fact, there was a second occasion where he had to have it paid by the credit card, and that was after he used the card reader on the pump only to get the message to see the cashier after he had fuelled.

The occasion regarding the leaving late, well firstly he only had to get to Fargo that night and he was late leaving because my scabby washing machine went tits up and he needed his laundry. Of course, like everything else in my dump of a house, it is second rate, but it is mine, paid for and not owing me anything, same as my cars and all that happy stuff.

He did clean his truck, and even had to clean another drivers blood out of his truck because they hadn't bothered. Certain members on here actually saw it, but they choose to forget to mention it. He complained about it because, as it seems many others know, the alignment was way out on it, the doors didn't close tight and myriad other faults. Now on the other new trucks, these faults were fixed, but his wasn't because he was too busy driving.

The only occasion where he was actually late was when the equaliser valve was out of whack and he broke down. The other occasion was actually down to the need to keep his book straight, which all of the members on here do, right?

OK, so he was bang to rights for his offence, but he is not the only one on this forum that has done so, is he? I know I have, and make no secret of it. If I was prepared to bend rules with the tacho, I sure as hell will take advantage of logbooks, same as my dear, late father used to.

Of course, now that I am earning more money on city work than BFS winter road drivers earn, I don't need a logbook..

Oh, and Mark, I get paid 25% of revenue where I work now for winter roads. Well worth buying a new saw. .

I saw him regularly while he was working there, even if he doesn't like being in my dump of a house with the stinky water and horrible kid. I saw how down he got when things seemed to go other peoples way through their being happy to suck up to the management. Amazingly, he doesn't have an FET jacket, but certain non drivers do...

Oh, again, the boss also called me looking for him asking where he was, but he is rarely in my little dump because it smells so bad..
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I suggest you talk to the guy and get his version of the story, I'm not condoning his actions, just heard a slightly different version
Maybe it's your sources that are economical with the truth gremmie
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

No, I think not. However, do explain how and where that would be so. I am sure we are all bursting to know.

Matt says he won't answer your nonsense on here, but he did explain each thing to me without hesitation and I believe him. I guess I must be a bad judge of character, though. I thought you were alright after all..
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:42 am
Just Joined

nianiamh is on a distinguished road

Fully Agree with you Robert, I was there when Matt got his truck back and its was in a shocking state, stain on the bed, blood on the seat and it looked like a rugby team had been throu it he was well pi55ed as i am sure any of us would be, I never forgot to mention it my post was about the way in which he left after asking me to have a word for him before he got the job which pi55ed me right off,and he did say due to the dirty pig not getting back none of his jobs had been done on it, very annoying after having time off the road and not getting it back sorted, them last lot of new petes all seem to be having a bit of trouble on the front end from what he was telling me.
I think we`ve all at sometime in transport got a bit down when we`re having a bad day or trip and see someone else just hook a trailer and ride off into the sunset, it was me last week all day in the peg for 9 pallets earned SFA then Nashville wouldn`t tip till 6am saturday then reload not open till 8am monday 120 mile away then limped home doing LTL. If drivers there are sucking up for longer runs then best of luck to em , i am more than happy with the 5 and 6 day round trips i seem to get, which get me my resets at home then straight back out, think at the end of the day it pays better than the longer runs south and when i do get a long one it dose make for a nice change too.
I do think he was out of order in the way he left, as i am sure you`ll agree that the boss of FET is a very easy bloke to go to if you have a problem as Matt found out when his truck was trashed he was disgusted and said he`d make sure he delt with the pig in question, not much compensation to Matt as he still had to clean it himself.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

I spoke with Matt tonight, his side of the story, is as has been said, is very different to that of FET, but as with all things the truth possibly lies somewhere in the middle

It's very easy to give a dog a bad name, no pun intended, personally I'm of the opinion that things could've worked out very differently, other people get on very well at FET, Matt's face didn't fit, that's quite clear, but you have to wonder if it was all one sided.

Oh and he never got much of a tan from his spell in Florida
Old Jul 24th 2011, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

I tried to get him to stay put, and I didn't think the way he went about it was the right way at all. But I walked from a job in a similar way once as many of us have. I did empty the truck out in front of the main man though, not on the QT. Matt should have got himself cooled off before acting but the decision was made and at least he saw it through.

I get along well with the boss there. The differences we had were largely due to never actually getting a chance to see him to discuss what needed discussing.

Neal, those newer Petes really seem to be a bit on the Mexican side, don't they?

And Mark, it has been humid enough here to almost pretend we were in Florida, right? I even went to the creek looking for 'gators.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

As I said, the truth of what went on is somewhere in the middle of the two versions, I agree with both sides actually, but posting that wouldn't get much of a response on this here interweb, far better to be a little 'controversial' and get things stirred up a little
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

As if any of us would do that...
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Well looky here , all are playing nicely again in the sand pit it warms the heart of my cockles
Old Jul 25th 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Dave, fancy a beer then?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Maybe it's your sources that are economical with the truth gremmie
Now youve read both sides are you still so cynical
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Cynical argumentative pathetic childish abusive , I'm sure he will be all these
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Yes, because I have also heard the side from other drivers who saw him leave and they have a third story to tell
Old Jul 25th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kb33
Cynical argumentative pathetic childish abusive , I'm sure he will be all these
Pot and black spring to mind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.