H+R

Old Jul 21st 2011, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of
Default Re: H+R

Originally Posted by Gremmie
does any one write on FB any thing sensible and they were only unsavoury because they invoved you...pmsl
Thats fine with me on here but not on facebook where your whole family can read and many friends of family that are interested in what you are up to in Canada, facebook is a very public forum as some dickheads very well know, but that is their choice, no matter how pathetic
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

That you consider my family being dead is funny I guess is sort of typical. I truly hope you do not actually find out how it feels for many years because it bites every single day.

OK, so it was quiet for 2 months, but that means it continued for 3 months without my participation so I have some catching up to do. As I said, the only reason I looked was because I happened to spot that a reply had been posted in my spam folder

As for lies from me? Really? I see the new thread on Tnet has stalled in its infancy, and there were so many inaccuracies in it that it was more than laughable. And I loaded from the very same place just today. I know the real situation

And FB.. well why look at my posts at all? Surely, as you are not on my list you must be stalking me or something. I don't look at yours or any of the others because I don't actually care. And Gremmie, sarcastic? Really? Nah, never..

I left it open for someone else to look at something. I assure you it was not for your benefit. But as I have nothing to hide, and am allowed the same liberties on FB as anyone else, I shall continue to post as I wish. If you don't like what I write then comment.... Oh, sorry, of course you can't, can you. Tell you what, I will open it at 10pm tomorrow so you can say whatever you wish. If it is too rude for the few members of my family to see then I will delete it.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bobthedog
That you consider my family being dead is funny I guess is sort of typical. I truly hope you do not actually find out how it feels for many years because it bites every single day.

OK, so it was quiet for 2 months, but that means it continued for 3 months without my participation so I have some catching up to do. As I said, the only reason I looked was because I happened to spot that a reply had been posted in my spam folder

As for lies from me? Really? I see the new thread on Tnet has stalled in its infancy, and there were so many inaccuracies in it that it was more than laughable. And I loaded from the very same place just today. I know the real situation

And FB.. well why look at my posts at all? Surely, as you are not on my list you must be stalking me or something. I don't look at yours or any of the others because I don't actually care. And Gremmie, sarcastic? Really? Nah, never..

I left it open for someone else to look at something. I assure you it was not for your benefit. But as I have nothing to hide, and am allowed the same liberties on FB as anyone else, I shall continue to post as I wish. If you don't like what I write then comment.... Oh, sorry, of course you can't, can you. Tell you what, I will open it at 10pm tomorrow so you can say whatever you wish. If it is too rude for the few members of my family to see then I will delete it.
Totally paranoid
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

See you in the ring..
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

Oh, Mark, I have never said I disliked you. Others you hold dear have, but I haven't.
Well then nobody can ever accuse you of being a bad judge of character

Others I hold dear? Well that's hardly a shock to me, you cannot go through life being me without attracting the odd disparaging remark, I'm thicker skinned than a Rhino wearing body armour in a Challenger tank and I've always been of the opinion that if someone has an opinion that they wouldn't say to my face then it says a lot more about them than I
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Rob, the tnet thread you mention has some relevance here, in a roundabout fashion, the catalyst for the thread was a posting from a Brit looking to come to canada, he had tried at Siemens and they said he needed mountain experience, which he didn't have, he wasn't even aware of any mountains in Europe so wondered how he could gain the required experience.

My response was that Siemens had possibly had enough of the Charlie Big Potato Brits coming over and constantly moaning and whining that they had to work weekends, reset on the road blah blah blah, all stuff that a driver with Euro experience would be used to, so they put the mountain bit in to sort the wheat from the chaff, which all led nicely into the thread to which you refer.

I won't bore the rest of you with the gory details, but suffice to say, you Rob, invested a lot of time and effort into helping out, IMHO you've had the pee taken out of you, as have others that have given help. I'm not particularly bothered by it all, personally, but that kind of thing does give people the opportunity to tar us all with the same brush and I do not wish to be associated with that kind of behaviour
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

See you in the ring..
How very very childish but what else have we come to expect
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
Rob, the tnet thread you mention has some relevance here, in a roundabout fashion, the catalyst for the thread was a posting from a Brit looking to come to canada, he had tried at Siemens and they said he needed mountain experience, which he didn't have, he wasn't even aware of any mountains in Europe so wondered how he could gain the required experience.

My response was that Siemens had possibly had enough of the Charlie Big Potato Brits coming over and constantly moaning and whining that they had to work weekends, reset on the road blah blah blah, all stuff that a driver with Euro experience would be used to, so they put the mountain bit in to sort the wheat from the chaff, which all led nicely into the thread to which you refer.

I won't bore the rest of you with the gory details, but suffice to say, you Rob, invested a lot of time and effort into helping out, IMHO you've had the pee taken out of you, as have others that have given help. I'm not particularly bothered by it all, personally, but that kind of thing does give people the opportunity to tar us all with the same brush and I do not wish to be associated with that kind of behaviour
Mountain experience was a prerequisite of trucking companies long before Brits came over. And I think BTD is more Pee'd at the thread facts dealing with the driver leaving FET than the other you mention.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mountain experience was a prerequisite of trucking companies long before Brits came over. And I think BTD is more Pee'd at the thread facts dealing with the driver leaving FET than the other you mention.
Well I know quite a few drivers who have no euro experience that have made the move to Canada, so maybe that wasn't high on their lists, my thinking is that people are seeing that the Brits can be a PITA if they get the wrong one, I've seen it for myself, drivers that won't work weekends, drivers that won't go out on a trip that would need a reset, drivers that want to work a ten hour day.

I'd be pee'd off if I was BTD too, he invested a lot of time in the bloke we refer too, others put in a good word for him, without that he would never have worked at FET in the first place as he'd got himself a bit of a reputation, many of us offered him advice, it's a bit of a kick in the nuts when that person then doesn't bother turning up for work, leaving a trailer loaded in the yard, it looks bad on all of us
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Well I know quite a few drivers who have no euro experience that have made the move to Canada, so maybe that wasn't high on their lists, my thinking is that people are seeing that the Brits can be a PITA if they get the wrong one, I've seen it for myself, drivers that won't work weekends, drivers that won't go out on a trip that would need a reset, drivers that want to work a ten hour day.

I'd be pee'd off if I was BTD too, he invested a lot of time in the bloke we refer too, others put in a good word for him, without that he would never have worked at FET in the first place as he'd got himself a bit of a reputation, many of us offered him advice, it's a bit of a kick in the nuts when that person then doesn't bother turning up for work, leaving a trailer loaded in the yard, it looks bad on all of us
I suggest you talk to the guy and get his version of the story, I'm not condoning his actions, just heard a slightly different version
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Who are FET?

Flying Eagle Trucking and is this the company "Nianiamh Trucknet UK" works for?
If they won't give out anymore LMO's to Brits, who will get them, Irish,Dutch or Eastern Euro, maybe Ozzie/Kiwi drivers?

Where is this bloke you are all talking about now, back in the UK?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

I suggest you talk to the guy and get his version of the story, I'm not condoning his actions, just heard a slightly different version
Well I have no doubt that you have, I don't suppose that he mentioned that, despite being told to run his log book legally, that he left the yard at 8pm, crossed the border, got fuel and logged it as leaving at 8am and still made the delivery on time even though it was touch and go that would happen had he left at 8am as he should have. Or that he missed loading appointments at a very important customer on more than one occaision because he was late in to the yard, or that all he did was piss nad moan about his truck (a brand spanking new Peterbilt) that it was too slow (64mph) that he couldn't see the point of washing said truck, even though the company has accounts at truckwashes, that even though he had a wallet full of fuel cards that he had to get the office to pay for fuel on the credit card because he had fuelled in a place that didn't accept any of the numerous cards he was issued

Now I'm sure he has a few things he didn't like about FET, we can all find things we don't like about our jobs, but FET would have to be a pretty bad place to work for the balance to tip back into his favour don't you think

You're looking for a driver, if I've got it all wrong and you know different, why don't you take him on
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well I have no doubt that you have, I don't suppose that he mentioned that, despite being told to run his log book legally, that he left the yard at 8pm, crossed the border, got fuel and logged it as leaving at 8am and still made the delivery on time even though it was touch and go that would happen had he left at 8am as he should have. Or that he missed loading appointments at a very important customer on more than one occaision because he was late in to the yard, or that all he did was piss nad moan about his truck (a brand spanking new Peterbilt) that it was too slow (64mph) that he couldn't see the point of washing said truck, even though the company has accounts at truckwashes, that even though he had a wallet full of fuel cards that he had to get the office to pay for fuel on the credit card because he had fuelled in a place that didn't accept any of the numerous cards he was issued

Now I'm sure he has a few things he didn't like about FET, we can all find things we don't like about our jobs, but FET would have to be a pretty bad place to work for the balance to tip back into his favour don't you think

You're looking for a driver, if I've got it all wrong and you know different, why don't you take him on
No I have not spoken to him, dont even know him, I just said I had heard a different version.Have you spoken to him, he's on your FB friends list Only the bosses hire & fire here not the lowely dispatcher
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Who are FET?

Flying Eagle Trucking and is this the company "Nianiamh Trucknet UK" works for?
If they won't give out anymore LMO's to Brits, who will get them, Irish,Dutch or Eastern Euro, maybe Ozzie/Kiwi drivers?

Where is this bloke you are all talking about now, back in the UK?
None of your business you nosey bugger
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

nianiamh is on a distinguished road

Hi Gremmie if you`ve seen the post on trucknet about it, then i can add a little too that as i posted that last week, the only change is the load never had to be returned in the end and one of our other drivers left with it over the weekend, when i left last wednesday it was to be returned so a team operation could get it delivered, another one of our drivers offered to leave the very next morning with it if it would help but was told it was still to late,
seems that something got sorted in the end and the late load and big rush was no longer a issue, but it was still a dumped load with no word from the driver, as our boss said if he was going to walk then don`t take load on, i`ve not spoken with the driver so can only give the side that i`ve been witness to, ie our office ringing asking if i`d heard off him or knew where he was and our boss saying he`s had no contact from the driver at all, don`t know if since last week he`s been in contact i never asked when i got back.

Last edited by nianiamh; Jul 22nd 2011 at 9:07 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.